Alternative to TT RGB software

Teszty66

21 hours ago, Ghosty031 said:

The only feature i would add to it would be brightness control :)

There is brightness control.

You can set it using the third slider, using the "B" input box, using the hex input box (for example #808080 is white with 50% brightness) or by using the saturation/brightness box (Y axis is brightness).

Ah i see. I got it working now, thanks. One more thing, the pwm fan control, i cant seem to make my fans turn totally off up until a certain temperature. I can if turn them off in speed mode and then re enable pwm. But not from startup/sleep wakeup etc. They will just spin at 20% and speed up and slow right down and then repeat.

Edit: example of my fan profile

profile.JPG

3 hours ago, Ghosty031 said:

One more thing, the pwm fan control, i cant seem to make my fans turn totally off up until a certain temperature. I can if turn them off in speed mode and then re enable pwm. But not from startup/sleep wakeup etc. They will just spin at 20% and speed up and slow right down and then repeat.

Yea, there was a bug when setting the fan to 0% speed, thanks. Try v1.6.

BTW there is no in between speeds from 0% to 20%, so you can either have the fan at 0% or at 20%.

Looking at your PWM graph, the most left and right points are not necessary, they are automatically included, and you can remove/add points by double clicking. So it could be done with just 2 points.

I would want to inform you that you need to be careful when setting the curve with 0% speed. If you set it wrong your fan will constantly spin up and down (fan on -> low temperature -> fan off -> high temperature -> fan on -> ...), that might heavily lower the lifespan.

Can confirm it is working now, even when resuming from sleep, the fans power up and shortly after once normal mode takes over, they turn off.

Thanks for the tip about adding and removing points. Much simpler now. Ive now set my fan curve for the exhaust side to be off until 55C GPU temperature and then immediately run at 30% after etc. I am aware of fan wear from constant startup and shut down. unfortunately my GPU does it sometimes in perfect conditions, it will hang between 55 and 56 degrees, on, off, on, off, on, off. It drives me insane. Ive changed it in the asus software but i never seems to remember it after a shutdown or a complete power cycle. But thats a completely unrelated issue for this thread lol.

So yea, so far so good with the software man, you should apply for a job at thermaltake because youre easily doing a better and faster job than they are haha.

Another question. Can you give more details on what the Boot mode is?

From how i understand it, it's so you can set, for lack of a better word, a "Default" fan and light mode for when the computer first starts/wakes outside of the OS, and then from there the Riingplus service takes over?
So to set this up correctly you have to make, in my example, 2 extra profiles (4 in total), 2 for boot and 2 for normal. I need to save the boot mode profiles (which will also immediately change the fans into boot mode) and then click save again on the normal profiles (puts them back into normal mode) and i should be done?

On 12/12/2018 at 9:24 AM, Ghosty031 said:

Another question. Can you give more details on what the Boot mode is?

From how i understand it, it's so you can set, for lack of a better word, a "Default" fan and light mode for when the computer first starts/wakes outside of the OS, and then from there the Riingplus service takes over?

Yea, its basically the default speed (only static %) and rgb mode the fans will run with without any controlling software. It is saved to the controller box.

On 12/12/2018 at 9:24 AM, Ghosty031 said:

So to set this up correctly you have to make, in my example, 2 extra profiles (4 in total), 2 for boot and 2 for normal. I need to save the boot mode profiles (which will also immediately change the fans into boot mode) and then click save again on the normal profiles (puts them back into normal mode) and i should be done?

Well, depends on your setup, but you could just have one BOOT profile with all fans in it. It will switch each fan to the assigned NORMAL mode when the service starts.

You shouldn't have to save BOOT then save NORMAL. When you are saving BOOT profiles the service sets that profile for a brief moment then notifies the controller box to save that settings internally. Once its saved it will revert to the NORMAL profile for each fan if available. If it doesn't do that, it means there is a bug.

BTW I noticed that you controller version is displayed incorrectly. Do you mind running the attached program? It will dump some data about the controller and what stuff it returns. Make sure the service is not running first, then PM me the output. Thanks.

15 hours ago, Ghosty031 said:

Tried. The program wont run. Getting Visual C++ dll missing errors. I have 2017 x86 and x64 installed so im not sure whats going on haha.

Duh, sorry I compiled with debug config, so you would need debug version of vc++ redist.

I recompiled as release, please try again. Thanks.

Hi there,

Just registered to thank you for this. I was having A LOT of problems with the TT RGB software (it would even freeze my system some times).

Quick question; I'mable to set the fan curve under pwm, everything is fine. My question is; Is there a way to see pump/AIO ? I'm using the Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 version and I have a total of 2 controllers (7 fans total). They all show up in your software except the pump itself. Temp seems fine but I just cant sync the RGB mode with the other fans.

Let me know :)

image.png.6f03615b7f4c648d150637ba03686b49.png

7 hours ago, ZOOTS said:

Hi there,

Just registered to thank you for this. I was having A LOT of problems with the TT RGB software (it would even freeze my system some times).

Quick question; I'mable to set the fan curve under pwm, everything is fine. My question is; Is there a way to see pump/AIO ? I'm using the Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 version and I have a total of 2 controllers (7 fans total). They all show up in your software except the pump itself. Temp seems fine but I just cant sync the RGB mode with the other fans.

Let me know :)

I dont have the pump to test but I'll try to make this work. Can you run the attached app and PM me the output? But make sure you stop the service first. I think what is happening is that the pump does not report its speed/rpm so the service thinks the port is not used. The solution will be to add config to disable this check for selected ports.

tt_info.zip

11 hours ago, Teszty66 said:

I dont have the pump to test but I'll try to make this work. Can you run the attached app and PM me the output? But make sure you stop the service first. I think what is happening is that the pump does not report its speed/rpm so the service thinks the port is not used. The solution will be to add config to disable this check for selected ports.

tt_info.zip

Allright! I will do that once i get back from work. :)

Do you plan on adding the other RGB mode as well ? No big deal.. just asking hehe

Update: Info sent in PM.

I just got back from work, booted up the pc and im now facing the same issue as visualarts.

It doesn't detect all of my 7 fans any more (my previous screenshot was showing it correctly with controller 1 - 3 fans, controller 2 - 4 fans)

Now, every time I start the computer, its showing like controller 1 - 5 fans ? or controller 1 - 2 fans / controller 2 - 2 fans etc.. its always random.

Any tips on that ?

update: Ok so if I stop the services manually and restart it, now it shows all 7 fans correctly. Should I set the service to Manual (and not Automatic) ? So I would have to go in services.msc every time I boot and then start the service from there ? 

3 hours ago, ZOOTS said:

update: Ok so if I stop the services manually and restart it, now it shows all 7 fans correctly. Should I set the service to Manual (and not Automatic) ? So I would have to go in services.msc every time I boot and then start the service from there ? 

Try setting the service to a delayed start and see if that works.

@Ghosty031@ZOOTS

I do not understand why it would do that... I never had that happen.

Do you guys install the service as LocalService or custom user? I assume you are sure you are not also running the official software? Also the recent updates to Aida64 added riing fan support and it breaks the service. The delayed start could help but it delays for 2 minutes, so thats no good.

I guess I'll just disable the empty port check. It will show all ports all the time, kinda like official software, this should also enable rgb support for aio pump.

edit: Added v1.7