Alternative to TT RGB software

Teszty66

2 hours ago, Teszty66 said:

@Ghosty031@ZOOTS

I do not understand why it would do that... I never had that happen.

Do you guys install the service as LocalService or custom user? I assume you are sure you are not also running the official software? Also the recent updates to Aida64 added riing fan support and it breaks the service. The delayed start could help but it delays for 2 minutes, so thats no good.

I guess I'll just disable the empty port check. It will show all ports all the time, kinda like official software, this should also enable rgb support for aio pump.

edit: Added v1.7

Ive installed as Local service. I also dont run AIDA64 and i do not have the OE software installed at all.
Could just be my system being weird on occasion for no reason haha. Its only ever done it once and im still on v1.6. Im gonna stay on this version and see how it goes in the long run. At least until you add other RGB modes (if you decide to). :)

I don't have AIDA64 and the official software installed.

I have tried setting it to Automatic start delay (120sec) and that didn't help either.

Just booted up this morning, only 5 fans were showing up instead of 7.

I had to stop the service, wait like 30sec, restart the service and now they all show up. No big deal honestly because at least.. it works! Not like the official one that was causing my gpu to crash/system freeze etc..

Update: Just tested 1.7, it now shows all port all the time which I think is normal considering this is what you did and I can also sync with the AIO pump now. :)

Thanks again Teszty!

20 hours ago, cscolley said:

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for making this software. I was having issues even getting the OEM software to even run, and TT support may as well be non-existant. You saved me a lot of headache. 

Thanks! If you need help with something feel free to post here.

19 hours ago, Ghosty031 said:

Ive installed as Local service. I also dont run AIDA64 and i do not have the OE software installed at all.
Could just be my system being weird on occasion for no reason haha. Its only ever done it once and im still on v1.6. Im gonna stay on this version and see how it goes in the long run. At least until you add other RGB modes (if you decide to). :)

Ok, if this happens more, please try to reinstall the service as custom user. Maybe that is the issue because I have mine running as custom user. If that doesnt help I guess its just the controller firmware is as bad as their windows app.

As for other rgb modes, currently I do not plan to add them to this version of the software, they will be in the rewrite if I decide to do it. The reason is that the currently supported modes are in the controller firmware, meaning I just send it a command to set specific fan to a specific mode only when you click the save button or when the service loads. Any other mode that is in the official app is done by constantly manually setting the leds. That would mean a big rewrite of the app to change from updating the rgb mode "one time" vs "realtime".

17 hours ago, ZOOTS said:

Update: Just tested 1.7, it now shows all port all the time which I think is normal considering this is what you did and I can also sync with the AIO pump now. :)

Nice, im glad its working.

BTW, if you still have v1.6 and you run as LocalService, do you mind testing if installing as custom user will still sometimes not show all fans?

5 hours ago, Teszty66 said:

Nice, im glad its working.

BTW, if you still have v1.6 and you run as LocalService, do you mind testing if installing as custom user will still sometimes not show all fans?

Hi! Sure I will do that. Currently running as LocalService (no username/password) but so far, the v1.7 didn't give me any problem loading fans when starting the computer. They all show up as it should. The service is set to Automatic start (not delayed).

It wasn't working with 1.6.. but this 1.7 seems to have done the trick. :)

Update: just restarted the computer. I had to manually stop the service and restart it in order to see all my fans. Like I said, it's no big deal since it take 30sec to do so and everything works fine until I restart. I won't bother you with this any more.

I will have to test with custom user.

1 hour ago, ZOOTS said:

Hi! Sure I will do that. Currently running as LocalService (no username/password) but so far, the v1.7 didn't give me any problem loading fans when starting the computer. They all show up as it should. The service is set to Automatic start (not delayed).

It wasn't working with 1.6.. but this 1.7 seems to have done the trick. :)

Update: just restarted the computer. I had to manually stop the service and restart it in order to see all my fans. Like I said, it's no big deal since it take 30sec to do so and everything works fine until I restart. I won't bother you with this any more.

I will have to test with custom user.

You could setup a scheduled task to restart the service every time you boot and/or login. Then you wouldn't have to do it yourself :) 

9 hours ago, ZOOTS said:

Just restarted the computer. I had to manually stop the service and restart it in order to see all my fans. Like I said, it's no big deal since it take 30sec to do so and everything works fine until I restart. I won't bother you with this any more.

8 hours ago, kewlmunky said:

You could setup a scheduled task to restart the service every time you boot and/or login. Then you wouldn't have to do it yourself :) 

Nah, this has to be fixed. But im running out of ideas as ty why it does not show all the fans. Clearly it was not a problem with empty port detection. It might be because of the LocalService, maybe it starts earlier than user service and that causes issues?

1 hour ago, Teszty66 said:

Nah, this has to be fixed. But im running out of ideas as ty why it does not show all the fans. Clearly it was not a problem with empty port detection. It might be because of the LocalService, maybe it starts earlier than user service and that causes issues?

I wasn't suggesting it as a permanent solution, but as a way to skirt the problem until it can be resolved.

Hi

I had the same thing (when the system starts, it does not detect all fans). It helped me increase the speed of the fans to 25%-30% in the boot profile. The controller probably does not understand 20% of the speed, so it does not detect them correctly. The topic described in a private message is why I am quoting it here. I've been using it for a few weeks and it's ok ...

... but there is a problem with the shutdown profile. This does not work when shutting down or rebooting the system. why? as if the service did not turn off

P.S. Is it possible to create profiles? so that you can start the right sets with one click. No need to check the fans again? Now the situation looks like that if I have two profiles naromal and in one of them I have 5 fans, after switching to the second profile, unfortunately I have to select all fans again and save to activate this second profile. See photo ...

001.thumb.jpg.2fc52a80788471965ad938037dc1d5f5.jpg

002.thumb.jpg.b2c47fb227fbfbdcf697064440cb9c40.jpg

thanks for your time ...

15 hours ago, visualarts said:

I had the same thing (when the system starts, it does not detect all fans). It helped me increase the speed of the fans to 25%-30% in the boot profile. The controller probably does not understand 20% of the speed, so it does not detect them correctly. The topic described in a private message is why I am quoting it here. I've been using it for a few weeks and it's ok ...

Yea, but the thing is before v1.7 the service was detecting the fans by its RPM so it shouldn't matter if your fans were at 20% or 30%. I guess it might not return correct values if its 20%? But that seems weird.

In v1.7 I removed the empty port check and just added all ports no matter what, and they still have some fans missing. And there is literally no reason they should be missing.

... but there is a problem with the shutdown profile. This does not work when shutting down or rebooting the system. why? as if the service did not turn off

It seems that testing software only on one PC is a bad idea lol. It works just fine on my PC when shutting down, going to sleep or hibernating.

You can try going services.msc and stopping the service manually. It should switch to shutdown mode.

I think I should add heavy logging to help debug all of these problems people are having. It must be just hardware differences.

P.S. Is it possible to create profiles? so that you can start the right sets with one click. No need to check the fans again? Now the situation looks like that if I have two profiles naromal and in one of them I have 5 fans, after switching to the second profile, unfortunately I have to select all fans again and save to activate this second profile. See photo ...

Hmm, yea good idea, Ill see what can be done.

Hi

Thanks for your answer.

4 hours ago, Teszty66 said:

Yea, but the thing is before v1.7 the service was detecting the fans by its RPM so it shouldn't matter if your fans were at 20% or 30%. I guess it might not return correct values if its 20%? But that seems weird.

In v1.7 I removed the empty port check and just added all ports no matter what, and they still have some fans missing. And there is literally no reason they should be missing.

Yes that's true, I'm using version 1.5 and I have not observed such a stagnation since I set the minimum speed of the fans to 25%.

4 hours ago, Teszty66 said:

You can try going services.msc and stopping the service manually. It should switch to shutdown mode.

Yes, there is no problem when manually stopping the service. The fans are completely switched into the shutdown mode.

P.S. I am waiting impatiently for new functionalities. Thanks

20 hours ago, visualarts said:

P.S. I am waiting impatiently for new functionalities. Thanks

:huh: err...

Hey Teszty66,

Still on 1.6v, still no issues i can comment on. :) Quick question though. Fan direction change. Is that possible? I asked thermaltake themselves and they seemed to think they could do it. I dont expect you to do it or anything, but you seem to know the ins and outs better than most people :lol:

You mean RGB direction or the fan spin direction? Either way I can only add what the controller firmware supports.

I always wondered if it was possible to change the direction of the effects and if one could change the number assigned to each LED. I know that it is simple to figure out the correct orientation of each fan, but if someone accidentally (or even due to needing the cables placed differently) installed a fan(s) misaligned, it would be nice to be able to correct it in the software and not have to physically move the fan(s).

It would be interesting what one could do with the flow effect if one could change the assigned order of the LEDs. I really need more spare time. I'm so sick of computer work by the time I leave the office that I never even want to do any personal projects when I get home :(

5 hours ago, kewlmunky said:

I always wondered if it was possible to change the direction of the effects and if one could change the number assigned to each LED. I know that it is simple to figure out the correct orientation of each fan, but if someone accidentally (or even due to needing the cables placed differently) installed a fan(s) misaligned, it would be nice to be able to correct it in the software and not have to physically move the fan(s).

Yup, totally doable but requires manually setting the leds from software, there is no support for it in the firmware so you just cant change the currently available effects. Unless of course they update the firmware.

Once I rewrite the app you will be able to do anything you want with custom effects. Im actually thinking about abandoning future updates to the current version and just start writing the new one. The hacks are getting ridiculous.

Pretty exciting :)

Just wanted to say i now cant see any of my fans on the program 1.6v from a cold startup. Interesting as nothing has changed. I restarted the service and suddenly it can see them and from there i re applied the groups. Probably doesnt matter much as you are writing a whole new program haha.

I wonder if a full power cycle, ie completely dissconnecting the PC from power overnight has an affect on the control box in some way?

37 minutes ago, Ghosty031 said:

Pretty exciting :)

Just wanted to say i now cant see any of my fans on the program 1.6v from a cold startup. Interesting as nothing has changed. I restarted the service and suddenly it can see them and from there i re applied the groups. Probably doesnt matter much as you are writing a whole new program haha.

I wonder if a full power cycle, ie completely dissconnecting the PC from power overnight has an affect on the control box in some way?

Yea try v1.7, it has no port detection that seems wonky on some setups. I will try disconnecting my pc from power and see if this will reproduce the issue.

The new app also has no port detection, you configure each port manually by setting its name/led count/led rotation/led reverse and other stuff.

Also at first the service will have no gui, only json file config.

Yea try v1.7, it has no port detection that seems wonky on some setups. I will try disconnecting my pc from power and see if this will reproduce the issue.

The new app also has no port detection, you configure each port manually by setting its name/led count/led rotation/led reverse and other stuff.

Also at first the service will have no gui, only json file config.

Looking forward to the new app :D

3 hours ago, guy.of.power@gmail.com said:

I built ttcontroller service and installed it but I cant find where is RiingPlus.Gui.exe.

Where is it?

They new one has no gui yet. I dont know if I will make one because I added a lot of features that will make gui very complex. But I will see.

You can download the old one in the first post. It works fine and has gui, but the code got a little messy from features some people requested.

• 3 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.b89bc09231c1f58656052ecdcb4c34b9.png
I got it to install once, but then the my antivirus blocked it, and accused it of malware, and quarantined it.
I created a rule for it, restored the file, and reinstalled the service, and this is the new error I get. The virus scan's only notification now is that a whitelisted app is asking for access, and it is allowing it.

Also I had to remove my PIN from Windows to get this far.

Even after it having installed the GUI wouldn't run, and I don't have a clue what to look for in the windows event log. Is there some kind of chronological report?

Now I'm stuck where it won't install. I've given up on ThermalTake since their slogan is ThermalTake your money, and #### the consumer.

To add, is there a way to account for PIN when the service is created? I can disable the PIN while running the service, and after a restart (Probably because of my Antivirus) I can install cleanly.
However, when I login after a restart, windows tells me I NEED a pin. Like ####, I'll tell you what the #### I need, thank you very much.

I prefer PIN logon, it's simpler, but with this, it seems I'm going to have to find a way to make it so windows doesn't REFUCKINGQUIRE a pin every time I boot up.

Sorry guys, if you have seen my only post on this forum, you can tell that I am pretty aggravated with the ####-poor app ThermalStealYoCash have made for us.