Alternative to TT RGB software

Teszty66

https://www.bitdefender.com/support/what-to-do-when-bitdefender-detected-a-clean-file-as-infected-(false-positive)-851.html
This is the only info I found on making the detected files of the GUI safe.

All of these were restored, but immediately quarantined again. I can't, from what Bitdefender is saying, restore these without them being quarantined, as they are "Bad boy files"
It's like I can't catch a break.
It's almost like ThermalTake's malware program that is constantly breaking and possibly causing hardware issues isn't unsafe but this is!
Joy.

Any ideas? Anyone have BitDefender and can offer any suggestions?

image.thumb.png.ffcc6d7c1c0bb833b3bc9e93a681db18.pngimage.thumb.png.f34480fca2d7ac447dded91dfc7aef67.pngimage.thumb.png.fd4e2c90e4977ee6b12d5a4235794961.png

image.thumb.png.24e0c4c55d28c90a2014cc2df5aa8095.pngFunny how that works... I restored all the files via the correct option... I've yet to run the GUI, because that requires me to Restart > Login > Be FORCED to create a PIN > Reinstall the service > Oh wait, I have to delete the PIN again > Install Services > Succeed in Services Install > Proceed to get FUC KED by my Antivirus, likely when starting the GUI

Note:
The GUI works fine, until the Antivirus decides it's dangerous. 

Please help with this whole PIN thing. I thought it was no big deal, but the services may not work because Windows is forcing me into making a PIN, and I can't for the life of me find a safe way to disable this without editing the registry, and I would love to not be forced to do so.

#### damnit. Anyway, at least I'm through the "Access Denied" portion. Smh... IDK how I even did that, if anyone has the same problem. Sorry. So many restarts just to get this thing working. I'll try once more....

P.S. Super sorry about all the multiple posts, it seems like after every problem adverted, there's a new problem. Thanks modern technology.

Wow, after a whole morning of struggling;

1.  I deleted all the exceptions
  2. Added new exceptions for both .exe files
  3. Ran the Services, then the GUI
  4. Eureka!

My ONLY two concerns as of now:

1. PIN accessability? So I don't have to disable the pin, as my password is decently lengthy, and PIN functionality for Windows is a godsent for me..
  2. CPU AIO functionality? There are a lot of different options here, and they are great, but I notice that the CPU's format of less nodes for colors is being exacerbated when applying these modes. The CPU cooler has half the nodes as the fans, any ideas?

That's really all my complaints, outside of my terrible struggles with antivirus stuff, and the PIN problem, being both external problems, which I eventually got around.
I'll check to see if I log back in, with a PIN created, if the Services still remains verified and functioning, in which case, if this does end up being true, then the only issue with the program itself is either something I'm overlooking with the AIO cooler's colors, but aside from that, amazing app.

Great work!

@Zeonymous

Wow yea antivirus be like that sometimes. Glad you figured it out.

Im also using PIN and never had to disable it, so I dont know whats up with that, probably also the av. You could try changing the install to custom user/LocalService depending on which one you use now.

And about the AIO, if I understand correctly you are saying that the AIO has 6 leds but the fans have 12, so the rgb modes are not displaying correctly, right? Yes, that is the limitation of the old version of the software, because when I was writing it I thought only fans would be supported. Now I know that all TT RGB Plus devices use the same commands to control the speed/rgb, so while the rgb will work on all devices, it thinks all of them have 12 leds. Although I think you could try setting the last 6 led colors to full black (RGB 0,0,0), maybe this will trick the controller.

Also please note that I have not tested any pumps, so I dont know if the command that is sent to the controller is the correct one. Try setting the speed to manual and changing it from 20% to 100% and see if it makes a difference in sound/vibration etc.

There are 2 commands, one sets speed by percent and one that sets speed by RPM. The pumps might use the second one.

The new version on github allows you to specify how many leds are on each connected device, and a lot more features. But it might be hard to configure right now because it does not have GUI.

Yeah the PIN needs to be disabled to use the the Services.exe at initial run, or it won't auth the password is all.
After that, it doesn't mind, because it is already authorized.

I could try the black route, but it plays the whole spectrum as if it were a fan, so at the 6th LED it stops the 'flow' per-say, and the next 6 colors come out at the first. It's not that big of an issue, just a small gripe, as this software is showing more promise than the official TT software ever did, customization!!

That, and hopefully not crashing every day. Here's to hoping!

Well, the TT software would crash out, and the pump would presumably crash with it. I'm not sure if the fan speed is bothered, I wonder if I can check that, hold up...

image.png.3fce7cc51027de824f366c7cbaac1b32.png

No changes. I would save at 0/20%, 50%, and 100%, and it seemingly ignores it. Acting the same every time. I don't know where the RPM setting in the GUI would be, but this is how it read. Note; The RPM goes to 0 for like 8 seconds, and spins up to 737, then back down to 0. I would assume this is working correctly given my PC is still running, so.. There's that. I'm terrible with tech on the meticulous level, so these are my findings. I'm open to any and all criticism.

This shows RPM for the CPU fan, but that is connected to the Motherboard, so the pump itself could be controlled outside of the app. This is my understanding, anyway. Correct me if wrong. I'm pretty sure the controller ONLY sees the RGB, and as they share the same connector, it was important when setting up to NOT put the LED into the CPU connector, as to not fry it. They're clearly labeled, but it's worth noting.

I am TERRIBLE with code, [See not understanding extracting a .zip file] so I've got the 'RiingPlusController_v1.7.zip' whatever is in this file. It has the GUI, but if you're working on a GUI for what you've mentioned I'll be checking back here regularly to see if that comes in.

Thanks for the response. I've been going on months, unable to even control my fans, or colors due to TT's software, and the last 'update' they pushed out, bricked the program entirely. So... You've already got a leg up on the comp. Maybe they should hire you.

9 hours ago, Zeonymous said:

I could try the black route, but it plays the whole spectrum as if it were a fan, so at the 6th LED it stops the 'flow' per-say, and the next 6 colors come out at the first. It's not that big of an issue

That might just be the way the controller is programmed, since you cant pass to the controller how many leds a device has, so I think it also assumes 12 leds per device. Thats why I said to try with the full black, maybe it detects the black as limit for leds.

No changes. I would save at 0/20%, 50%, and 100%, and it seemingly ignores it. Acting the same every time. I don't know where the RPM setting in the GUI would be, but this is how it read. Note; The RPM goes to 0 for like 8 seconds, and spins up to 737, then back down to 0. I would assume this is working correctly given my PC is still running, so.. There's that. I'm terrible with tech on the meticulous level, so these are my findings. I'm open to any and all criticism.

Hmm that sounds like it does not set the speed then. Unfortunately the old app only sets the speed by percent.

The RPM going to 0 and back might be a conflict with another software, at least this is what was happening to RPM of my fans when I had the service and the official app running, they were both writing to the controller and it was freaking out. If the fans also see this behavior check if the official software is running. Aida64 added support for TT fans some time ago and it also causes this issue.

This shows RPM for the CPU fan, but that is connected to the Motherboard, so the pump itself could be controlled outside of the app. This is my understanding, anyway. Correct me if wrong. I'm pretty sure the controller ONLY sees the RGB, and as they share the same connector, it was important when setting up to NOT put the LED into the CPU connector, as to not fry it. They're clearly labeled, but it's worth noting. 

Ooh I see, so the pump is also connected to the PWM of the motherboard. I guess that means you can only configure rgb on the AIO and the pump is controlled by the motherboard speed controller. But that does not explain why it goes to 0 RPM. Does it also happen when you stop the service? Maybe you can control the speed but the TT controller and the motherboard controller are interfering with each other.

10 hours ago, Zeonymous said:

It has the GUI, but if you're working on a GUI for what you've mentioned I'll be checking back here regularly to see if that comes in.

Dont know if I will be making a GUI for the new one since its a lot more complex. And you should check github if you want updates about the new version, I wont be posting about it here.

2 hours ago, Jorgan said:

Any chance in #### this software will work with the pure plus fans?

Yes they should work fine. Although they have 9 leds and the software assumes 12 leds so some rgb modes might behave weird.

1 hour ago, Teszty66 said:

That might just be the way the controller is programmed, since you cant pass to the controller how many leds a device has, so I think it also assumes 12 leds per device. Thats why I said to try with the full black, maybe it detects the black as limit for leds.

Hmm that sounds like it does not set the speed then. Unfortunately the old app only sets the speed by percent.

The RPM going to 0 and back might be a conflict with another software, at least this is what was happening to RPM of my fans when I had the service and the official app running, they were both writing to the controller and it was freaking out. If the fans also see this behavior check if the official software is running. Aida64 added support for TT fans some time ago and it also causes this issue.

Ooh I see, so the pump is also connected to the PWM of the motherboard. I guess that means you can only configure rgb on the AIO and the pump is controlled by the motherboard speed controller. But that does not explain why it goes to 0 RPM. Does it also happen when you stop the service? Maybe you can control the speed but the TT controller and the motherboard controller are interfering with each other.

Dont know if I will be making a GUI for the new one since its a lot more complex. And you should check github if you want updates about the new version, I wont be posting about it here.

Yes they should work fine. Although they have 9 leds and the software assumes 12 leds so some rgb modes might behave weird.

Okay thanks. I’ll be installing later today and I’ll let you know how it goes.

7 hours ago, Teszty66 said:

But that does not explain why it goes to 0 RPM. Does it also happen when you stop the service? Maybe you can control the speed but the TT controller and the motherboard controller are interfering with each other.

I don't know exactly how to stop the service without uninstalling it.. Lol.

image.thumb.png.d56a18b2bc309766a4f1ae2ebab40262.png

Looks like the same thing is going on. Something I wouldn't even be able to call TT about, because they'd be better off if my $900 CPU got fried..

I'm going to have to switch to a closed loop, or something if it's NOT supposed to be acting like this..

If you look at the software, it seems like the program has no control over the pump, at all.

3 hours ago, Zeonymous said:

Looks like the same thing is going on. Something I wouldn't even be able to call TT about, because they'd be better off if my $900 CPU got fried..

I'm going to have to switch to a closed loop, or something if it's NOT supposed to be acting like this..

If you look at the software, it seems like the program has no control over the pump, at all. 

Well, I dont know then.

IMO it should not be doing that. Maybe the pump provides the wrong RPM values, or maybe HWMonitor is reading it wrong, or maybe the motherboard is providing the wrong value. There is a lot of stuff that could be wrong but it seems its just a problem with the values, if you dont feel the pump stopping and starting then the pump is fine.

But for example my AIO spins the pump up and down depending on the load. If yours does not do that, your motherboard might not be controlling the pump correctly, or its by design and the pump always runs at static RPM. But that would be #### design from TT. You could read on how to connect AIO pump to your motherboard and how to setup PWM speed control in BIOS.

17 hours ago, Teszty66 said:

Right now I’m running version 1.7 of the old software and it’s perfect. I haven’t had a chance to sit down and look at the config for the new service. It doesn’t look too difficult with a basic understanding of how this stuff works. After I figure the configs out, I’ll switch to the new software probably. 

I just want want to say thanks. I spent $60 on these fans and for TT’s crap software not to work at all was really frustrating. With yours I have even more control than I did before. Between the software interface and extra control your software is everything that TT’s should have been. The only thing I’m a little upset about loosing is the Razer Chroma sync (but it didn’t work in the first place so in reality, it’s not a problem).

Anyway, I’m looking forward to messing around with custom effects and I hope you continue development.

On 1/23/2019 at 6:21 PM, Teszty66 said:

Well, I dont know then.

IMO it should not be doing that. Maybe the pump provides the wrong RPM values, or maybe HWMonitor is reading it wrong, or maybe the motherboard is providing the wrong value. There is a lot of stuff that could be wrong but it seems its just a problem with the values, if you dont feel the pump stopping and starting then the pump is fine.

But for example my AIO spins the pump up and down depending on the load. If yours does not do that, your motherboard might not be controlling the pump correctly, or its by design and the pump always runs at static RPM. But that would be #### design from TT. You could read on how to connect AIO pump to your motherboard and how to setup PWM speed control in BIOS.

image.png.979e15cd887eb1b5d2e42970c1e34342.pngHoly ####, did you just save me $900? xD WHAT THE #### TT?

Edit:

Since you have an understanding about pumps, moreso than me... I just flipped "PWM" mode in the BIOS, and am letting it run for now. Hella cool temps, but is this 1,700 RPM's okay for the pump? Makes me wonder in the 2 months I've had this build if the pump was getting burned out from all the stop/starting.

Any insight would be colossal.

Thx, always appreciated.

3 hours ago, Zeonymous said:

Holy ####, did you just save me $900? xD WHAT THE #### TT?

Edit:

Since you have an understanding about pumps, moreso than me... I just flipped "PWM" mode in the BIOS, and am letting it run for now. Hella cool temps, but is this 1,700 RPM's okay for the pump? Makes me wonder in the 2 months I've had this build if the pump was getting burned out from all the stop/starting.

Any insight would be colossal.

Thx, always appreciated.

LOL, well the pumps might be different but mine runs at 3000RPM on average load. And I think about 1500-1800 on idle.

Also mine is setup differently, I have a dedicated pump port on my motherboard and Ive set the PWM curve to be always 100%, so it always gets full voltage, and then the RPM is controlled by the software/the pump itself based on temperature.

Maybe it was not getting enough voltage on your previous BIOS settings and it was starting and stopping.

5 hours ago, Teszty66 said:

LOL, well the pumps might be different but mine runs at 3000RPM on average load. And I think about 1500-1800 on idle.

Also mine is setup differently, I have a dedicated pump port on my motherboard and Ive set the PWM curve to be always 100%, so it always gets full voltage, and then the RPM is controlled by the software/the pump itself based on temperature.

Maybe it was not getting enough voltage on your previous BIOS settings and it was starting and stopping.

That sounds similar to what's going on with mine. I trust the motherboard to control it now. It was always a temporary solution until I could build a closed loop system. Another can of worms, sure, but a worthwhile one. They look much nicer anyway. After the headache of assembly.
I'll try that black on the extra nodes, see if that helps anything with the strange rotation on the AIO.
I appreciate the help.

This looks quite interesting, the TT RGB Plus software has driven me partially insane so I'm keen to give yours a go.

Latest update to TT RGB plus hasn't fixed the major profile bugs and quite frankly it's all over the place

As I'm running 5 controllers and 25 devices  I might make a good test candidate.

11 x Riing fans, 3 x Trio fans, PR22-D5 Plus pump, Pacific RGB Plus fitting set, 12 way and 8 way Strimer leads, Custom ARGB CPU, GPU and motherboard strips.

Any suggestions on where to start, should I try the beta or go straight for the latest version?

4 hours ago, Eatsrootsnleaves said:

This looks quite interesting, the TT RGB Plus software has driven me partially insane so I'm keen to give yours a go.

Latest update to TT RGB plus hasn't fixed the major profile bugs and quite frankly it's all over the place

As I'm running 5 controllers and 25 devices  I might make a good test candidate.

11 x Riing fans, 3 x Trio fans, PR22-D5 Plus pump, Pacific RGB Plus fitting set, 12 way and 8 way Strimer leads, Custom ARGB CPU, GPU and motherboard strips.

Any suggestions on where to start, should I try the beta or go straight for the latest version?

####, yeah this will be a good stress test for the app. I think it would be best to try the latest version.

Please go here and follow the instructions, I'll then help you create a config to test your devices.

The riing fans, PR22-D5 and Pacific RGB fittings should work fine. I know that Trio will not work correctly right now because of 3 zone settings, if you can help me get the data that I need I'll implement them. Dont know about the strimmer and the strips, if they are connected to the thermaltake controllers it should work.