Jump to content
Teszty66

Alternative to TT RGB software

Recommended Posts

Your application seems to be nice but I cant install it. I always get this error:

 

Unbenannt.thumb.PNG.b7eba19f3f15b1c9e9a43cf20085e656.PNG

Problemereignisname:    CLR20r3
  Problemsignatur 01:    TTController.Service.exe
  Problemsignatur 02:    0.3.0.0
  Problemsignatur 03:    f4468753
  Problemsignatur 04:    System.Configuration.Install
  Problemsignatur 05:    4.7.2558.0
  Problemsignatur 06:    59d41453
  Problemsignatur 07:    96
  Problemsignatur 08:    e7
  Problemsignatur 09:    System.InvalidOperationException
  Betriebsystemversion:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Gebietsschema-ID:    1031
  Zusatzinformation 1:    0a9e
  Zusatzinformation 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Zusatzinformation 3:    0a9e
  Zusatzinformation 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

(I can translate it to english if you want)

How can I fix this?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pobblebonk said:

Your application seems to be nice but I cant install it. I always get this error: 

Please create a new issue here. Post the same info and translate to english if you can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh. the "All values to black" just turned half the loop "Off" and the other half remained on.
It didn't exactly remedy that specific issue from earlier.

On a positive note, no crashes on the software/service end since using. Well done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zeonymous said:

Oh. the "All values to black" just turned half the loop "Off" and the other half remained on.
It didn't exactly remedy that specific issue from earlier.

Interesting, then my only suggestion is to try the github version because you can set how much leds each device has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question, can this alternative set the fan speed to zero? so only RGB lights will work? I have a few fans in my case and I want to test setting 2 of them to zero to test the airflow and I don't want to go through the hassle of disconnecting/connecting and reworking cable management...

i tried the PWM but no matter what setting I do it's stuck on 20% from the Manual option and doesn't go lower.

Hope someone can try and let me know 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it can. The manual mode goes only from 20% to 100%, but you can set the off mode to stop the fans or use the pwm mode so they stop below a specific temperature.

Fyi the fans cant spin at speeds 1-19%, so its either 0% or 20-100%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Teszty66 said:

Yes it can. The manual mode goes only from 20% to 100%, but you can set the off mode to stop the fans or use the pwm mode so they stop below a specific temperature.

Fyi the fans cant spin at speeds 1-19%, so its either 0% or 20-100%.

I will try again today, tried to set 2 fans to zero rpm with off but didnt work.

 

Will double check my steps today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, first of all thank you for making this program. I have been looking for an alternative to the tt software. I found out about this alternative and have been trying to get it to work. I have followed the instructions but for some reason the GUI that I see in other users posts does not appear. i only have the command style window with number commands that turns up. Am I missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spliffmonkney187 said:

Hello, first of all thank you for making this program. I have been looking for an alternative to the tt software. I found out about this alternative and have been trying to get it to work. I have followed the instructions but for some reason the GUI that I see in other users posts does not appear. i only have the command style window with number commands that turns up. Am I missing something?

I think you downloaded the version from github. It does not have gui right now, and probably never will due to the highly increased complexity compared to the old version.

The old version is attached to the first post and it still works, but its much simpler and has some limitations (always assumes 12 leds and only uses built in effects)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To confirm before trying to use the version 1.7 I went to the task manager and turned off the official software from there, or do i need to uninstall the official thermaltake software?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Teszty66 said:

I think you downloaded the version from github. It does not have gui right now, and probably never will due to the highly increased complexity compared to the old version.

The old version is attached to the first post and it still works, but its much simpler and has some limitations (always assumes 12 leds and only uses built in effects)

Hey there Teszty, again thanks for all your hard work on this. That is unfortunate to hear the GitHub one wont be getting a GUI. I will grab the old one then and give that one a shot. if anything I can try practice using the newer as well. Will let you know how it goes with the old one though. Please keep up the good work you are doing!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, so I was able to stop the fans I wanted to stop at zero and keep the rgb on which is great, but I noticed something else, 4 ports each one with a single fan all of them read the same temperature but the fan speed percentage is different? like one of them would go at 70% and another goes at 50% and another goes 66% although they're on the same profile, might there be something wrong that I am doing? 

After a restart things got fixed and all is working good, will test for a couple of days. ^^

BTW Thanks a lot of your great work, hope you would continue with the gui version it makes people lives easier, unlike the crappy thermaltake support which does not exist "they're making sure their publicity gets ruined everyday".

If you ever decide to go on with the gui version I guess everyone would hope for more rgb options <3 

I am using version 1.7.

Thanks for making our life easier ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vinasis said:

To confirm before trying to use the version 1.7 I went to the task manager and turned off the official software from there, or do i need to uninstall the official thermaltake software?

You just need to make sure its not running, remember to also disable autostart.

 

4 hours ago, spliffmonkney187 said:

That is unfortunate to hear the GitHub one wont be getting a GUI. I will grab the old one then and give that one a shot. if anything I can try practice using the newer as well. Will let you know how it goes with the old one though.

It might some day but its a lot of work for something you use only once on first setup and never again. The github version is made so it is heavily and easily extensible with custom effects/speed controllers/triggers/new devices, this makes it hard to design a gui.

Also with right triggers you can make it very dynamic, like for example switch profiles when a program is launched, or program a custom discord trigger that changes rgb when you get a new message etc.

2 hours ago, Vinasis said:

but I noticed something else, 4 ports each one with a single fan all of them read the same temperature but the fan speed percentage is different? like one of them would go at 70% and another goes at 50% and another goes 66% although they're on the same profile, might there be something wrong that I am doing?

You probably had the official software running and something broke.

2 hours ago, Vinasis said:

BTW Thanks a lot of your great work, hope you would continue with the gui version it makes people lives easier, unlike the crappy thermaltake support which does not exist "they're making sure their publicity gets ruined everyday".

The gui version would need a complete rewrite for it to be further developed since it is written in a very limiting way, this is because I had less knowledge about the inner workings of TT controllers. So it is unlikely I will work on this version again, maybe someday I will add a gui for the github version.

2 hours ago, Vinasis said:

If you ever decide to go on with the gui version I guess everyone would hope for more rgb options <3

The only supported effects in gui version are those builtin the controller, so I cant add more unless I rewrite 90% of the app.

But you can write custom effects in the github version, if you have any in mind I could add those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions, if i may ask for some reason when I restart my pc the fans would get mixed settings, rgb lights go back to default and those that I set to zero start to spin and random stuff, I uninstalled the official software btw.

 

Thanks <3 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vinasis said:

Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions, if i may ask for some reason when I restart my pc the fans would get mixed settings, rgb lights go back to default and those that I set to zero start to spin and random stuff, I uninstalled the official software btw.

The controller will use its default settings when there is no software controlling it. You can create a new profile and set its type to Boot and when you save it the controllers defaults will be set to those settings.

But I think I made it so you cant stop the fans, you are forced to use manual speed so 20-100%.

You can also set a Shutdown profile so when you are shutting down the system the fans will be set to a specific speed/rgb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can the GitHub version keep the settings even after restart in a sense that it won't return to the controller default? 

I am not good actually with what I saw on github as I want to have 2 profiles for my 12 fans inside the case...8 will follow 1 profile and the other 4 will follow another.

So far I am using version 1.7 every time my pc loads up which a lot but it serves me better than what the official software does...only if the official software had zero speed function but of course thermaltake support doesn't listen or exist.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vinasis said:

Can the GitHub version keep the settings even after restart in a sense that it won't return to the controller default?

Well, there is the same concept of boot/shutdown profiles in the github version, so you use the boot profile to change the defaults of the controller.

1 hour ago, Vinasis said:

I am not good actually with what I saw on github as I want to have 2 profiles for my 12 fans inside the case...8 will follow 1 profile and the other 4 will follow another.

You can have as many profiles as you want, but yeah the github version is more complex to setup. The documentation is still WIP and can be quite hard if you dont know what to do.

You can create an issue here and I can help you setup the github version if you want, but the 1.7 should work just fine if you need simple profiles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×