Thermaltake Level 20 Series

1972519975_level20series.thumb.jpg.9dddbe53efe26fab669cb7b518bc3357.jpg

Level 20 Series Design Story

Thermaltake has been evolving continuously over the past two decades in the PC DIY industry. From developing thermal ventilation optimization, gaming-oriented design to architectural aesthetics, we never stop striving to provide the best to the consumers. Thermaltake, while constantly improves on the PC hardware components, also always advocate for the Modding community. We understand the importance of appreciating innovation and maker movement, so we continually support and work with modders to advance the PC DIY industry together. 

To help us celebrate our 20th anniversary and reflect on our achievements, we gathered all the successful elements on what we have learned over the past two decades and combine with the latest trends in the market to form Level 20.

Thermaltake Level 20 Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis

DSC_7400.thumb.png.8bf2543f64c1481cad85961935fd5da8.png

*The image is for reference only.

Product Link

Video

Level 20, as an embodiment of Thermaltake’s cultural foundation, user-friendly consideration, and technology advancement, is a new flagship model that coincides with Thermaltake’s 20th anniversary. 

Featuring ventilation-focused, trio-chamber design with tempered glass and tool-less locking mechanism, speedy transmission (USB Type-C™ & USB 3.0), TT Premium Gaming PCI-E 3.0 Riser Cable, and integration with cutting-edge ‘TT RGB PLUS’ software/voice controlled members, including three built-in Riing Plus 14 LED RGB Fans, 2 Lumi Plus LED Strips and 1 Riing Plus Digital Controller, Level 20 is the true production of traditional refinement and contemporary mechanism to all the gamers and enthusiasts. 

Thermaltake Level 20 GT RGB Plus Edition Full Tower Chassis

DSC_0021-2.thumb.png.e553c1119472c7aede39c3426e52aab8.png

Product Link

Media Reviews:

1. Mighty Gadget

Video

The Level 20 GT RGB Plus is the premium full tower in the level 20 range – specially outfitted with RGB Plus products. Level 20 GT RGB Plus features four tempered glass panels with locking hinged doors, E-ATX motherboard support and a removable power cover. 
The Level 20 GT RGB comes preinstalled with two Riing Plus 20 RGB in the front & one Riing Plus 14 RGB fans in the rear. These RGB Plus fans are custom-designed to work with our AI Voice Control software, as well as with Amazon Alexa. The lighting effects can also be synchronized with Razer’s RGB products via Razer Chroma software. 

Thermaltake Level 20 GT Full Tower Chassis

DSC_0442.thumb.png.16b0a0f437a613368a419eb8545653fe.png

Product Link

Media Reviews:

1. BPS Customs

2. Gear Seekers

3. iRepairFast

Thermaltake is thrilled to show the latest TT Premium product line – the Level 20 Series which commemorates 20 years of dedication to the PC industry. The level 20 GT is our new premium full tower in the Level 20 range. The Level 20 GT features E-ATX motherboard support, four tempered glass panels with a lockable hinged door design, the latest I/O port options (USB Type-C™ & USB 3.0), an all-new rotating PCI-E slot system, and removable power supply shroud. 

Thermaltake Level 20 XT Cube Chassis

xt.jpg.333925ef5557c8f021bcb73c7c59c009.jpg

Product Link

Thermaltake is thrilled to present the latest TT Premium product line – Level 20 Series which commemorates 20 years of dedication to the PC industry. Under this product line is the new Level 20 Series – Level 20 XT. 

Level 20 XT is a cube case specially designed to show off custom liquid cooling systems. The level 20 XT has a unique flat motherboard design that puts components on display from any angle, and a chamber design that separates cooling, PSU and hardware components in the upper and lower sections. 
The Level 20 XT takes our latest case innovations and wraps them in an ultra-modern style that’s utterly unique in the case market today. Stand out from the crowd with the Level 20. 

Thermaltake Level 20 VT Micro Chassis

vt.jpg.139ab10e700d5f5ec57fb00cc22b3aad.jpg

Product Link

Thermaltake is thrilled to show the latest TT Premium product line – the Level 20 Series which commemorates 20 years of dedication to the PC industry. The Level 20 VT is the pocket rocket of the Level 20 series, offering massive support inside an M-ATX footprint. 

The Level 20 VT is designed to prove that micro cases don’t have to be small on power. It boasts a 200mm fan pre-installed at the front as well as great liquid cooling support, four 4mm tempered glass panels and interchangeable panels with filters. The VT also has a chamber design with a flat motherboard tray that lets you hide away cables while showing off liquid cooling hardware at the top. 

The Level 20 VT takes our latest case innovations and wraps them in an ultra-modern, space-conscious style that’s utterly unique in the case market today. 

• TT James featured and unfeatured this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2018 at 11:56 PM, Digi4Care said:

also wondering how to remove the glass front. to scared i will break anything. can't find anything on the net how to do this safely

Hello Digi4Care

the glass front is very easy to remove. all you have to do is to hold the bottom of the front panel and pull it out. Don't worry to break it. it is very sturdy.

thanks for your support and hope you enjoy the Level 20 XT  

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I am seriously looking to get the L20 RGB. Given the pics above, could you please explain the fan setup for that? I also want to add 2 intake fans at the bottom.

If you had the AIO rad set to the RHS, would that also exclude using the back side for mounting mechanical HHD or even SSD?

Also, does it come with riser cable included?

Cheers...

On 10/8/2018 at 12:40 AM, Netwalker said:

Hey Guys,

I am seriously looking to get the L20 RGB. Given the pics above, could you please explain the fan setup for that? I also want to add 2 intake fans at the bottom.

If you had the AIO rad set to the RHS, would that also exclude using the back side for mounting mechanical HHD or even SSD?

Also, does it come with riser cable included?

Cheers...

Hello,

for the pic above, we use the front fan for intake and rear/top fans for outtake. we could not have the fan at the bottom since we have the pump in the pic.

and if you have the AIO set to the RHS, you can still set up the HDD or SSD at the back side. kindly check the pic below.  make sure you set up the RAD first.

image.png.77fe0e147fbdd3d66466939b4efec4c4.png

and Level 20 GT RGB does not come with riser cable. you could find our TT premium riser cable from below URL

https://www.thermaltake.com/Chassis/Accessories_/_/C_00003013/TT_Premium_PCI_E_3_0_Extender_300mm/design.htm

thanks 

55 minutes ago, TT James said:

Hello,

for the pic above, we use the front fan for intake and rear/top fans for outtake. we could not have the fan at the bottom since we have the pump in the pic.

and if you have the AIO set to the RHS, you can still set up the HDD or SSD at the back side. kindly check the pic below.  make sure you set up the RAD first.

image.png.77fe0e147fbdd3d66466939b4efec4c4.png

and Level 20 GT RGB does not come with riser cable. you could find our TT premium riser cable from below URL

https://www.thermaltake.com/Chassis/Accessories_/_/C_00003013/TT_Premium_PCI_E_3_0_Extender_300mm/design.htm

thanks 

Thanks James. What I meant was, having the rad on the RHS, does the hot exhaust fan affect and HDD you may have on the other side.

Cheers...

Hey TT!

I'm currently in the process of finishing my hard tube build with the Level 20 GT Case, I really enjoyed the amount of air flow I had with the front panel off.  But obviously I really like what the case looks like everything on.  Is there something else I can replace the front of the case with besides the glass to allow more airflow? Can you remove the glass possibly? Or buy a mesh insert instead to replace the tempered glass?

Thanks!

On 9/12/2018 at 4:45 PM, Tack said:

Sort of sad to see that the usb c port has a 3.0 header on it and does not use the 3.1 port that most current motherboards have. 

Urrgh. When I read this, I was literally in the process of taking photos of the underside of the front USB panel - trying to figure out why there appeared to be a USB 3.1 Gen 2 cable missing. I nearly sent the Level 20 XT back, but I didn't, because it's still an excellent case despite this inexplicable design choice. Apart from the obvious beauty of this case, it's hard to see how the Level 20 XT can be considered a good match for modern motherboards when the front panel Gen 2 connector is simply abandoned.

I would love to know if this is hackable with a soldering iron and some patience. I suspect it's not that simple. Maybe Thermaltake could provide an updated panel to attach. Maybe...

I opted for the Level 20 GT Plus for a new RGB WC rig as the 200mm fans look great.

Seems to be missing the magical USB 3.1 gen2 lead also, not to modern then. This I will need to modify.

Had issues choosing best TT supply to match the case and went for the iRGB 1200 as I couldnt get the 1050 pictured.  Still not sure if its the best choice RGB wise.  Needs a list of recommended supplies.

Grill behind front glass is to flimsy and close to the massive fans so gets sucked to the front of fans. Fan output reduces by 50% like this.

With front off one fan spindle moves forward after 15min goes out of balance and makes a horrible noise. Needs a tap to push it back in.

Power supply case and riser bracket go against the whole RGB thing with the supply series to match.

Doesnt have the feel of the premium case it is meant to be so far and I havent started the build yet.

The fans do look cool though.

20181023_225132.jpg

Edited by Eatsrootsnleaves
Found more stuff

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2018 at 7:43 PM, n-podhabitat6sub3 said:

Urrgh. When I read this, I was literally in the process of taking photos of the underside of the front USB panel - trying to figure out why there appeared to be a USB 3.1 Gen 2 cable missing. I nearly sent the Level 20 XT back, but I didn't, because it's still an excellent case despite this inexplicable design choice. Apart from the obvious beauty of this case, it's hard to see how the Level 20 XT can be considered a good match for modern motherboards when the front panel Gen 2 connector is simply abandoned.

I would love to know if this is hackable with a soldering iron and some patience. I suspect it's not that simple. Maybe Thermaltake could provide an updated panel to attach. Maybe...

Adapter lead is available on ebay to resolve this problem.

I feel that TT should have included this lead with the case though for comparibility with current motherboards.

On 11/9/2018 at 8:33 AM, Eatsrootsnleaves said:

I feel that TT should have included this lead with the case though for comparibility with current motherboards. 

Thanks for that. A bit of case modding coming up for me then. If TT made the front panel i/o swappable then users could stay current when they upgrade. Another odd thing is USB 2 on the front panel (on the XT). I'm not sure why anyone would need that on a high end case. I've also just noticed that on the Level 20 XT the dimensions are really close to supporting twin 540 or 560 rads along the top side by side. How awesome would that be? Just an inch more width and depth would give good clearance, maybe less. On a happier note those 20cm Riing plus fans in your photo look amazing. I have them also, along with a pair of 14cm riing+ rad fans for case exhaust (I couldn't find any 14cm Riing+ airflow fans in UK when I needed them). They seem to have a watery ripple effect to them when just on static (green). I love it. Apart from all the niggles, the level XT is the most beautiful case I've ever owned. I love the motherboard laying flat and the all round tempered glass. There's nothing else quite like it. I hope your build goes well.

15 hours ago, n-podhabitat6sub3 said:

Thanks for that. A bit of case modding coming up for me then. If TT made the front panel i/o swappable then users could stay current when they upgrade. Another odd thing is USB 2 on the front panel (on the XT). I'm not sure why anyone would need that on a high end case. I've also just noticed that on the Level 20 XT the dimensions are really close to supporting twin 540 or 560 rads along the top side by side. How awesome would that be? Just an inch more width and depth would give good clearance, maybe less. On a happier note those 20cm Riing plus fans in your photo look amazing. I have them also, along with a pair of 14cm riing+ rad fans for case exhaust (I couldn't find any 14cm Riing+ airflow fans in UK when I needed them). They seem to have a watery ripple effect to them when just on static (green). I love it. Apart from all the niggles, the level XT is the most beautiful case I've ever owned. I love the motherboard laying flat and the all round tempered glass. There's nothing else quite like it. I hope your build goes well.

I almost went the XT but thought the GT would give me more room. Not so sure now and running out of room quickly.

Loved the 200mm fans so much I have 2 more on top. 2 x 30mm rads both with 3 x Riing 12+ fans, another 2x Riing 12 Trio fans on the bottem for exhaust plus the Riing 14+ rear exhaust....total of 13 Riing fans.

Ignore the Wild Turkey GTX1080Ti GPU its only there for sizing.

20181115_193333.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hello I recently purchased a Thermaltake Level 20 MT ARGB Mid Tower Chassis and I'm using a MSI X470 GAMING M7 AC motherboard. 

I'm able to control the lights of the 3x pre-installed ARGB fans using my motherboards rgb software (Mystic Light) by plugging in the M/B-IN (5V ID GND) onto the motherboard's JRAINBOW headers but how do you read or control the fan speeds?

icon_b5.jpg

Can you plug in the fans directly onto the SYS Fan headers on the motherboard?

pic2.jpg

I also purchased a Pacific Lumi Plus LED Strip 3Pack and it comes with a controller. Would it possible to SYNC the 3x pre-installed ARGB front fans with the Lumi Plus LED Strips using TT RGB Plus software?

TBH Mystic Light software is awful and I'd rather use TT RGB Plus to sync and control all the RGB (motherboard, ram, gpu).

On 3/14/2019 at 5:24 PM, AMG said:

Hello I recently purchased a Thermaltake Level 20 MT ARGB Mid Tower Chassis and I'm using a MSI X470 GAMING M7 AC motherboard. 

I'm able to control the lights of the 3x pre-installed ARGB fans using my motherboards rgb software (Mystic Light) by plugging in the M/B-IN (5V ID GND) onto the motherboard's JRAINBOW headers but how do you read or control the fan speeds?

icon_b5.jpg

Can you plug in the fans directly onto the SYS Fan headers on the motherboard?

pic2.jpg

I also purchased a Pacific Lumi Plus LED Strip 3Pack and it comes with a controller. Would it possible to SYNC the 3x pre-installed ARGB front fans with the Lumi Plus LED Strips using TT RGB Plus software?

TBH Mystic Light software is awful and I'd rather use TT RGB Plus to sync and control all the RGB (motherboard, ram, gpu).

hello,

i have the same problem. ı can arrange rgb colors but cannot control the speed of fans. they are working on high speed. i cant see connection of fans on bios or OS.

how can i slow down them? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2018 at 3:33 AM, Eatsrootsnleaves said:

do you know what the adapter is called or have a link to product on ebay? Thanks.

On 3/18/2019 at 9:28 PM, muratenesaydogan@gmail.com said:

hello,

i have the same problem. ı can arrange rgb colors but cannot control the speed of fans. they are working on high speed. i cant see connection of fans on bios or OS.

how can i slow down them? 

I have the same controller board on my Level 20 GT ARGB Full Tower - the primary difference being I just have two 200mm fans plugged into the case controller board.  I also can't find any way to control fan speed for fans plugged into this controller board.  I added 2 200mm Riing fans to the top of the case, and replaced the 140mm rear case fan plugged into fan header 4 on the controller board with a 140mm Pure Plus RGB TT fan.  For these fans, I plugged into a TT Sync Controller Premium Edition, which allows me to plug fan control cables directly into the MB fan headers for each of up to 3 fan groupings.  I put my top fans on one controller, and my rear case fan on another.  If the always-full-speed front fans begin to bother me, I may also replace them with 200mm Riing fans as I still have a few slots on my Sync Controller.

The only thing I've not yet figured out is whether the LED Out port on the left of the case controller board actually works.  I have the 5v aRGB sync port on the right of the controller patched into one of the two aRGB headers on my ASUS Maximus Code IX board and it syncs just fine with the ASUS Aura software.  But I don't seem to be getting any passthrough signal on the LED Out port.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the case - limitations notwithstanding.  I'd also like to have had power to the USB C port on the top panel for a Switch or an iPad.  I may see if I can tweak that later.

• 1 month later...

Hello TTakers,

Just recently purchased and TT Level 20 MT ARGB series and I am having problem on connecting the case controller to the Motherboard, can somebody send me a link/picture of the cable that I should use? I have and Asus 470X-f gaming mobo.

Ps. I am not sure whether the cable was missing in the box in the first place or I just mixed up the cables (too many cables)

Many thanks! Appreciate your reply.

On 9/11/2018 at 3:41 AM, TT James said:

Hello Digi4Care

the glass front is very easy to remove. all you have to do is to hold the bottom of the front panel and pull it out. Don't worry to break it. it is very sturdy.

thanks for your support and hope you enjoy the Level 20 XT  

I think that Only removing the glass panel was what was meant?
So that the look  of the front remains very similar, but the airflow would be increased tremendously I would Imagine

• 3 weeks later...

I have the level 20 Gt case and I have my graphics card mounted vertically with the extender kit. My mother board came with a video capture card that I would like to use. Do I have to buy a second extender kit to use that? Is there some kit that has a bus style set of connectors to use for the vertical mount? TIA

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi.   I bought the Thermaltake Level 20 GT ARGB a week  ago, and I  can't  get the front case  fans to sync  with  the Asus  x570 Rog Strix E  motherboard.  The front fans are connected to  the control board  in  slot  1, and 2.  The reset  connector  is plugged in, along  with the rear fan,   the  SATA power connector is also  plugged in, and the 5V  plug going to  the 5V RGB  addressable header on the motherboard.  I hold down the RGB button on  the case for 3 seconds and all I get is 1/2  of  the fan illuminated on  top, and the bottom fan  is completely dark.  If I  press  the RGB button again on the  case, both fans are  fully illuminated  and  work fine.    It just acts odd when  being controlled via Aura  Sync.    I had another board  sent out from TT but same thing.  What am I  doing  wrong??

20191107_021143.jpg

20191107_021018.jpg