On 11/7/2019 at 3:02 PM, RoundGraf said:

Hi.   I bought the Thermaltake Level 20 GT ARGB a week  ago, and I  can't  get the front case  fans to sync  with  the Asus  x570 Rog Strix E  motherboard.  The front fans are connected to  the control board  in  slot  1, and 2.  The reset  connector  is plugged in, along  with the rear fan,   the  SATA power connector is also  plugged in, and the 5V  plug going to  the 5V RGB  addressable header on the motherboard.  I hold down the RGB button on  the case for 3 seconds and all I get is 1/2  of  the fan illuminated on  top, and the bottom fan  is completely dark.  If I  press  the RGB button again on the  case, both fans are  fully illuminated  and  work fine.    It just acts odd when  being controlled via Aura  Sync.    I had another board  sent out from TT but same thing.  What am I  doing  wrong??

20191107_021143.jpg

20191107_021018.jpg

Hello,

for the control board, there should've a jumper for Fan 3. like the pic below.

image.png.6481af3ae634fd35e7221572379f8c30.png

and to sync with the M/B, have you tried to press the RGB button for 3 seconds? the fans will blink in RED and then should be okay for M/B sync.

and our engineer will test the ARGB control board with ASUS X570 M/B to see if there is any problem to sync.

@TT James Thanks for investigations. My case is a Level 20 MT ARGB and I have the 3 front RGB fans connected to the controler card, so no jumper. The rear fan is connected directly to the motherboard. Board : Asus Strix-E X570.

When I press for 3 seconds the RGB button, the 3 fans blinks and the fans are controlled by MB. But like the photo of RoundGraph or the video of Morpheus258 in the other thread, only one led of the top fan is illuminated. In my case, the color of this led change in coherence with the other leds in the MB when I use a Aura profile. On the other thread we can see Morpheus258 has a jumper on his card (two RGB fans).

16 hours ago, TT James said:

Hello,

image.png.6481af3ae634fd35e7221572379f8c30.png

and to sync with the M/B, have you tried to press the RGB button for 3 seconds? the fans will blink in RED and then should be okay for M/B sync.

and our engineer will test the ARGB control board with ASUS X570 M/B to see if there is any problem to sync.

James thank you for looking into this, its very frustrating.  

I plan on buying the Level 20 GT RGB Plus edition and Im planning on building in an 360 Radiator (Water 3.0 RGB Edition). I would really like to mount it on the side panel (where the HDD´s / SSD´s are normally build) and build the HDD´s and SSD´s on the backside of the case (behind the Motherbord mount and radiator). Question is, is this too bad for cooling or too bad for the lifespan of the hard drives? I mean mounting it topside or in the front panel would be better for air flow but Im really planning on doing a full RGB build with the fans on front and the 2 additional fans on the top side. Does someone runs the system like that? Are the temps good this way?

In many tests we see that installing a WC heatsink in front position gives better temps on CPU vs heatsink on the top. Because rad air intake is lower in temperature. But this configuration isn't good for GPU because of the dissipated heat goes into the case. On the other hand, reverse is better for GPU temps because heat of CPU is going outside.

I like these thermaltake cases because when you install the rad on the side you have the lower air intake temp AND expulsion of heat. so you have better temps inside the case. Have a GPU design with heat expulsion on the bracket is the best solution (or WC the CG). To answer your first question, I think it's the best solution for cooling. You can also install two fans on the top, it generate an air flow interesting for cooling VRM environment. For the hard drives, I have a LEVEL 20 MT, and  you can install only one SSD behind the mobo, on the GT I don't know. For best temperature of drives, the best is on the low. Be careful of compatibility of a 360 on the top, is there enough place ? On this case I see there is a glass trempered on the right side, there is inevitably hot air going behind the mobo. On level 20 MT there is a steel lid with holes juste behind the place of the side rad too expulse hot air outside the case. There is inevitably hot air inflitration behind the mobo but it will be best than a lid completely closed.

2 hours ago, jujunet said:

In many tests we see that installing a WC heatsink in front position gives better temps on CPU vs heatsink on the top. Because rad air intake is lower in temperature. But this configuration isn't good for GPU because of the dissipated heat goes into the case. On the other hand, reverse is better for GPU temps because heat of CPU is going outside.

I like these thermaltake cases because when you install the rad on the side you have the lower air intake temp AND expulsion of heat. so you have better temps inside the case. Have a GPU design with heat expulsion on the bracket is the best solution (or WC the CG). To answer your first question, I think it's the best solution for cooling. You can also install two fans on the top, it generate an air flow interesting for cooling VRM environment. For the hard drives, I have a LEVEL 20 MT, and  you can install only one SSD behind the mobo, on the GT I don't know. For best temperature of drives, the best is on the low. Be careful of compatibility of a 360 on the top, is there enough place ? On this case I see there is a glass trempered on the right side, there is inevitably hot air going behind the mobo. On level 20 MT there is a steel lid with holes juste behind the place of the side rad too expulse hot air outside the case. There is inevitably hot air inflitration behind the mobo but it will be best than a lid completely closed.

You can Install up to 6 SSD´s on the back or 3 HDD´s , I plan on installing 1 SSD and 2 HDD´s there. I think I will be fine with installing the Radiator on the side and then have the fans on the top for airflow. Thanks for the answer, I just wanted to check, not that its a really bad choice and it cuts the lifespan of most Hard Drives in half.

hi.

just a quick question. can i install a 240 mm rad on the bottom of the level 20(the matx one)? .i plan to flip the orientation of the case and make the motherboard vertical and do a full custom loop with 240mm rad on front,top and now the side of the case which was bottom and a 120mm rear rad. something like the lian li o11.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to a misunderstanding about different RGB standards I find myself in a bit of quandary. I have the Level 20 MT with the ARGB fans, but it turns out that my MB (ROG Strix B-450F) only supports four pin 12v RGB, whereas the ARGB requires the 5v 3 pin.

I'm seeing noise that the only way I'm ever going to get software control of the fan ARGB is by sourcing a controller that will run through USB header to provide the necessary ports/controls, but most of the controllers I see don't appear to have the USB port (also, given the fan plugs on the case seem to be very specific to the case board, I'm not sure that it would work right without the board?

Yes, I am a tad lost here.

Edited by Wenlocke
Can't type today

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/25/2018 at 12:19 PM, Eatsrootsnleaves said:

I opted for the Level 20 GT Plus for a new RGB WC rig as the 200mm fans look great.

Seems to be missing the magical USB 3.1 gen2 lead also, not to modern then. This I will need to modify.

Had issues choosing best TT supply to match the case and went for the iRGB 1200 as I couldnt get the 1050 pictured.  Still not sure if its the best choice RGB wise.  Needs a list of recommended supplies.

Grill behind front glass is to flimsy and close to the massive fans so gets sucked to the front of fans. Fan output reduces by 50% like this.

With front off one fan spindle moves forward after 15min goes out of balance and makes a horrible noise. Needs a tap to push it back in.

Power supply case and riser bracket go against the whole RGB thing with the supply series to match.

Doesnt have the feel of the premium case it is meant to be so far and I havent started the build yet.

The fans do look cool though.

20181023_225132.jpg

And builtin controller cannot regulate fan speed, right? In case so expensive.....

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 2:15 AM, TT James said:

Hello,

Hello,

What about this issue ? Any solution/workaround ?

Hows it going? I'm trying to find some info on Vertically Mounting my GPU in my Level 20 HT and cant find anything anywhere. Does anyone know what bracket is used? Thermaltake does not have anything listed in there search bar. Might just have to 3D Print my own if I cant find anything but figured I'd ask here first.

On 12/29/2019 at 2:08 AM, jujunet said:

Hello,

What about this issue ? Any solution/workaround ?

Hello 

we did try to sync our control board and ASUS X570 series M/B, and it worked! our engineers are still testing right now to see if they could figure out the problem. 

if there is any updates, i will get back to you all.

James

1 hour ago, MikoRoG said:

Hows it going? I'm trying to find some info on Vertically Mounting my GPU in my Level 20 HT and cant find anything anywhere. Does anyone know what bracket is used? Thermaltake does not have anything listed in there search bar. Might just have to 3D Print my own if I cant find anything but figured I'd ask here first.

Hello MikoRoG

unfortunately, we do not have bracket to support vertically mounting the GPU in Level 20 HT.

for the original design, there is only one way to mount the GPU-Horizontally. 

if you would like to mount it vertically, you may have to 3D point by yourself.

But, i will forward your request to our R&D department to see if they could have a 3D file for that bracket and upload to our Thermaltake 3D Makers

https://3dmakers.thermaltake.com/

thank you for choosing Level 20 HT. 

that is a HUGE and gorgeous chassis.

James 

3 hours ago, TT James said:

Hello MikoRoG

unfortunately, we do not have bracket to support vertically mounting the GPU in Level 20 HT.

for the original design, there is only one way to mount the GPU-Horizontally. 

if you would like to mount it vertically, you may have to 3D point by yourself.

But, i will forward your request to our R&D department to see if they could have a 3D file for that bracket and upload to our Thermaltake 3D Makers

https://3dmakers.thermaltake.com/

thank you for choosing Level 20 HT. 

that is a HUGE and gorgeous chassis.

James 

That would be awesome. Thank You so much.

Well this is what it looks like so far. Couldnt find any luck with a Vertical GPU bracket but I have the extender. Just waiting on the fittings I ordered to put the CPU water block in. Tubing could be straighter but not too bad for first time Custom Loop. I'll redo it later down the line once a bracket is available.

8A641300-3B84-4683-AD68-7168B0E1D3B2.jfif

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

New Level 20 XT owner and compiling parts for my 9900KS build.

I moved my existing old rig into it for now since I don't have a laptop to use daily.

I have enough MB connections for the 5  total fans on my old rig, but they were originally on a 5.25 Bay Fan Controller.

Question: Anyone have any options for where you could install a fan controller in this case?

I guess worse case I could run extensions out the back WC grommets and attach/leave it on the top of the case, but that isn't my best desire.

Question: Is there an accessory plate that attaches to the internal opening next to the MB tray on those same rails? That would give a nice flat area to mount any other WC accessories as well?

I don't mind having to remove a side panel for adjustments as I can always see the FC display through the glass and it will be pretty set after I make final fan adjustments for whatever loads I test.

On 1/17/2020 at 11:42 PM, Sprookets said:

Hello all,

New Level 20 XT owner and compiling parts for my 9900KS build.

I moved my existing old rig into it for now since I don't have a laptop to use daily.

I have enough MB connections for the 5  total fans on my old rig, but they were originally on a 5.25 Bay Fan Controller.

Question: Anyone have any options for where you could install a fan controller in this case?

I guess worse case I could run extensions out the back WC grommets and attach/leave it on the top of the case, but that isn't my best desire.

Question: Is there an accessory plate that attaches to the internal opening next to the MB tray on those same rails? That would give a nice flat area to mount any other WC accessories as well?

I don't mind having to remove a side panel for adjustments as I can always see the FC display through the glass and it will be pretty set after I make final fan adjustments for whatever loads I test.

Hello Sprookets

this is James from thermaltake! 

thanks for choosing Level 20 XT. that is a beauty case with outstanding view.

for the fan controller, we have them at the bottom and stick with the radiator. like below image

image.thumb.png.200a314b44ef9f0bdde0ffd99c2a03e1.png

we believe there are the better place to hide the controller.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have a Core X9 and always wanted the tempered glass upgrade kit. Unfortunately this is no longer available. Now I noticed the level 20 XT. And when I look at the building instructions, I notice that the basic frame is very similar. maybe the base frame is even the same as the Core x9. I don't want to rebuild everything. Does anyone know whether the outer skin of the Level 20 XT fits the Core x9?

On 11/15/2018 at 7:14 PM, Eatsrootsnleaves said:

I almost went the XT but thought the GT would give me more room. Not so sure now and running out of room quickly.

Loved the 200mm fans so much I have 2 more on top. 2 x 30mm rads both with 3 x Riing 12+ fans, another 2x Riing 12 Trio fans on the bottem for exhaust plus the Riing 14+ rear exhaust....total of 13 Riing fans.

Ignore the Wild Turkey GTX1080Ti GPU its only there for sizing.

20181115_193333.jpg

Is that a lvl 20 gt case? How did you mount bottom case fans?

On 12/1/2019 at 2:12 AM, Zendorea said:

Any plans to release a bolt on update to the LeveL 20 XT to upgrade the USB-C to a Gen 2 connector?

Also, If you can cram more USB 2.0 connectors on there so we don't have USB2.0 Motherboard headers going to waste.

I would buy in a heart beat!

I found my solution

There is a USB C Type Key A on sale on Amazon that is a direct replacement for what is soldered in place on the front IO Board. All you need to do is:

1) De-Solder the Bar holding the old USB C in place 
2) Slide out the old USB C slotted in place in the PCB (Don't Force it)
3) Slide in your replacement (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0828XGHHZ)
4) Solder Back in Place with the Preexisting Bar you removed (DON'T LOSE IT)

I hope this helps someone!

On 9/10/2018 at 9:41 PM, TT James said:

Hello Digi4Care

the glass front is very easy to remove. all you have to do is to hold the bottom of the front panel and pull it out. Don't worry to break it. it is very sturdy.

thanks for your support and hope you enjoy the Level 20 XT  

Hello!, just need to pull it out? no need to unscrew anything? I am trying to pull it out and it is very hard to do it, feels so strongly secured and i am afraid to break something, please advise, thanks in advance for your help!

• 2 weeks later...