RGB Fusion and Gigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7

AorusMike

Hi all,

I'm having an issue that may be motherboard related, so I'm asking about it on the Gigabyte board, but I thought I'd ask here as well.

First my hardware and environment:

Gigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 (happens in any BIOS version, currently F4)
Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070
G.Skill Trident RGB RAM
Two Thermaltake RGB Sync Modules, with TT PLUS fans and strips attached, connected to D_LED 1 and 2 (jumpers correctly set to 5V) more details below
Cougar addressable RGB fan (connected for testing only)
Windows 10 Home

All hardware drivers are current

Everything is properly powered and connected

As I mentioned, there are two premium sync controllers with the following attached: 8 Riing Plus 12-LED fans, Floe Riing Pump LED, Pacific Lumi Plus pack (3 strips).  So 12 things in total.

There's not much to say other than when anything is connected to the 3-pin 5V D_LED connectors, nothing happens.  In RGB fusion I can click on D_LED1/2 but there's no response on the LED devices to any changes.  Some of the fans have two or three of the 12 LEDs lit up when the system boots (random colors that never change) but using RGB Fusion in the BIOS or the OS does nothing.  I've attached a spare Cougar 5V addressable fan to both D_LED 1 and 2 and again only a single LED comes on and the fan is neither addressable in RGB Fusion as a fan or using D_LED 1/2. These devices all work correctly when removed from the 3-pin connectors and plugged into their own controllers (that use USB 2.0 plugs) but that sorta defeats the purpose of RGB Fusion and getting everything in harmony, plus I obviously paid extra for the Thermaltake sync controllers.

BTW, the motherboard, memory and video card all function in RGB Fusion.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

• 5 months later...