Sync RGB case fans of TT View 71 with TT Riing Plus 14 RGB

Keve122

Hello people

So today I ordered my Thermaltake Riing Plus 14 set of 3 fans. I also ordered a CPU cooler from TT the Floe Riing LED RGB 360 TT Premium Edition. Now it got me thinking.. I saw that both of these products have a premium controller and both are Plus fans if im correct. Now since i have the TT View 71 rgb case which already has fans in it I want to sync the color of all 9 fans. The Case sadly has only this little controller with those 3 buttons and I dont know if i can somehow connect thisone to the other 2 premium controller. Sadly my mainboard also has no RGB Header...

Anyone got an idea of how I could do this?

Things I tougth might work but need conformation about it:

- Somehow get another premium controller for the 3 fans in the case and plug them in there?
- Just order another set of 3x 140 fans and replace the case fans with them?
- Order a TT sync controller and plug all of the fans in there (Needs an RGB Header on the mainboard if im correct)

8 minutes ago, kewlmunky said:

If the ones that came with the case have the 9 pin cable on them you should be able to just plug them into the controller of either of the other two products you mentioned (Riing plus 14RGB and Floe RIing LED RGB 360).

My fans only have a 5 Pin cable on them which i put in the controller of the case. Do the new fans come with a 9 pin cable?

I just built a rig with that exact case and Riing Plus Fans.  The Riing Plus Fans come with 9 pin cables and will only work with their controller or a TT Sync Controller.  The fans that come with the case won't work with the Riing Plus controller (unless someone has a pinout of the controllers and or fans and you make an adapter).  

You can plug in up to 5 devices each into the Plus Controller and you can daisy chain them together.  So you would need to get 3 more plus fans to use those controllers.  They connect to the motherboard via USB 2.0 if I remember correctly.  

I bought the TT Sync controller and purchased Riing Plus Fans.  The original case fans are going to Goodwill.  The TT Sync Controller plugs into the 5v addressable connector on the motherboard.  

11 minutes ago, RDT said:

I just built a rig with that exact case and Riing Plus Fans.  The Riing Plus Fans come with 9 pin cables and will only work with their controller or a TT Sync Controller.  The fans that come with the case won't work with the Riing Plus controller (unless someone has a pinout of the controllers and or fans and you make an adapter).  

You can plug in up to 5 devices each into the Plus Controller and you can daisy chain them together.  So you would need to get 3 more plus fans to use those controllers.  They connect to the motherboard via USB 2.0 if I remember correctly.  

I bought the TT Sync controller and purchased Riing Plus Fans.  The original case fans are going to Goodwill.  The TT Sync Controller plugs into the 5v addressable connector on the motherboard.  

so i need to swap out the original case fans with the riing Plus fans? After that i can just download the TT software and configure everything with that?

6 minutes ago, Keve122 said:

so i need to swap out the original case fans with the riing Plus fans? After that i can just download the TT software and configure everything with that?

Yes, that's it.  One other consideration though - if you only have 1 USB 2.0 connection on your mother board you'll probably want to get an internal USB hub so that you can still connect the front panel 2.0 USB ports.  

52 minutes ago, RDT said:

Yes, that's it.  One other consideration though - if you only have 1 USB 2.0 connection on your mother board you'll probably want to get an internal USB hub so that you can still connect the front panel 2.0 USB ports.  

Alright thanks alot! I hard some People say that TT's software is only capable of configuring 5 fans at once. How can i get all 9 of them working?

16 hours ago, Keve122 said:

Alright thanks alot! I hard some People say that TT's software is only capable of configuring 5 fans at once. How can i get all 9 of them working?

Each controller can support five fans/devices and the software supports up to 16 controllers. The back of each controller has four dip switches, and the manual will let you know how to set them so that they are numbered properly in the software. In the upper left-hand corner of the software you will have the ability to move between the controllers to address all your connected devices.

11 hours ago, kewlmunky said:

Each controller can support five fans/devices and the software supports up to 16 controllers. The back of each controller has four dip switches, and the manual will let you know how to set them so that they are numbered properly in the software. In the upper left-hand corner of the software you will have the ability to move between the controllers to address all your connected devices.

Ditto ;)