TT RGB Plus - worked for week - now Error H_0x0001

Zhodd

So - I had everything working great for about a week now - and I came back to my computer to find this error.   I don't sleep/hibernate my computer so it isn't related to that issue which I have seen on the forum. A reboot/power cycle did not make any difference.  My next step is to verify all the connections are still solid  -  I have a spare hub as well I can try swapping in as well.

For reference:

Asus Zenith Extreme
Threadripper 1950X
8 Riing Trio 120 fans across 2 hubs
3 Lumi + Strips on their own hub

I do realize I could consolidate down to 2 hubs but since I had the parts I liked the separation based on where things were in the case.

Is there anything else I may be missing?

Ok so this one gets weirder.  I completely took the non Riing Trio hub out of the system so I am left with 2 Hubs with 9 fans.  One of the Hubs will be detected by the system every time - but then disappear from the software after about 5 seconds.  This is happening every time.  I have tried swapping out the hub since I have spare - exact same behavior.  I have tried swapping USB cables, etc.  Could it be a fan?  They all seem to operate normally.  I am at a real loss with this one.

I am using the smooth ones.  I am just not sure why one of these controllers keeps disappearing from the app - it appears for about 5 seconds then disappears.  I would love a verbose logging mode that would spit out what is going on.  Troubleshooting this has been a nightmare.

I WAS using a daisy chain setup but I ended up using the Y cable included and have a hub connected to each - I was debating buying an internal USB hub in case that was the problem

Mmm so smooth cable and same issue after swapping the hubs. 

If you have a spare micro usb cable around can you try hooking the controller that is currently disappearing to the red usb port above the usb c port on that back of your computer. The red port on the rear is controlled by a asmedia 3142 chip.

On 9/16/2018 at 6:47 PM, Zhodd said:

I am using the smooth ones.  I am just not sure why one of these controllers keeps disappearing from the app - it appears for about 5 seconds then disappears.  I would love a verbose logging mode that would spit out what is going on.  Troubleshooting this has been a nightmare.

I WAS using a daisy chain setup but I ended up using the Y cable included and have a hub connected to each - I was debating buying an internal USB hub in case that was the problem

Hi,

Have you tried contacting our support about this? We can help with replacement parts to get you back up and talk in more detail on whats going on.

https://thermaltakeusa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

• 2 weeks later...