Windows 7 lock-up

sharkycsi

I just purchased the Level 20 XT case and two 200 MM Riing Plus RGB Fans (Model # CLF069-PL20SW-A), along with a controller.

The problem that I am having is when I install TT RGB PLUS Software (Version 1.2.2) Kaspersky Total Security pops up with a window stating “TT RGB Plus is attempting to receive audio stream process (PID:4248)”. No mater if I allow or block it the results are the same, it will lock up the computer. The control, alt, and delete will not work. I have to reset the computer, then I have to go into safe mode. In safe mode, the software will work. However, I uninstall it in safe mode, because if I attempt to enter into regular windows it will lock up again.

Hardware:

CPU: Intel I7 4770K

AIO: NZXT X52 Kracken (Cam 3.71 Software)

Motherboard: Asrock Z97 Extreme 6 (Bios 2.70f, latest)

Memory: 32 GIG of G-Skill Sniper @ XMP settings

GPU: MSI Gamers X Tripple Fan (Mystic 2 RGB Software)

PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850 Watts

Keyboard: Roccat Vulcan 120 RGB (Swarm RGB Software)

Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB gaming mouse

Headset: USB Kingston Hyper X cloud 2

All help will be appreciated.

Hello.

I wanted to give an update to my problem.

1st off, I uninstalled Kaspersky Total Security and re-installed Tt RGB Plus. This did not stop windows from locking up.

2nd, I unplugged all of my USB devices with the exception of my mouse and keyboard and re-installed the software with the same results.

Upon installing the Tt RGB Plus software, I do get a setup failure notice in reference to Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 Redistributable version 14.0.2415.

The notice is as follows:

0X80070666 - Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this product, use Add/Remove Program in the control panel.

I have the following Microsoft Visual C ++ programs installed: 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, and 2017.

One last thing. Without Tt RGB Plus not installed my fans work and the lights cycle through the RGB colors. 

dd_vcredist_x86_20180913143815.log

Hi,

Installation should not being doing this, maybe something else running is conflicting.

Yes the software detects audio devices for the sound modes.

C++ is no big deal, hate how they word it failed, but its just already installed. Remove all of them and do a fresh install and try that.

Also, try an older version, see if 1.6 works for you and will go from there:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/46qr5spxpddpx9s/TT_RGB_Plus_Setup_1.1.6_x86.zip?dl=0

no need to do anything with the visuals just yet. I would try 1.1.6 before going down that route.

Are you getting any errors in eventviewer 

Edit: sorry overlooked where you said you tried reinstalling tt software after your uninstalled kaspersky.

It may be tedious, but I would uninstall all versions of C++ that exist in your add/remove programs menu, as it "failing" to install when installing the RGB software may have caused an issue. Then I would start with version 1.1.6 and let it install C++ as well. If that works, Then attempt installing version 1.2.2, but when it asks to install C++ say no.