Thermaltake PR22 D5 Plus Issue

Tfcrews

Hey guys! 

I'm new here, so I'm not exactly sure where this should go. I recently did my first watercooled build. I got a TT Core P1 with, as the topic suggests, a TT PR22 D5. I also got Glacier CPU and GPU waterblocks for those. I have my Glaciers plugged into the rgb header of my motherboard. The issue I'm having is that my motherboard won't recognize my PR22 D5 so I can't control the RGB function. I can get it to illuminate, but I can't change the colors. I'm using the supplied "Controller Cable" that is a 9 pin connector with two micro USB ports coming out, but I've had no luck with it. I haven't been able to find a place on my mobo that has the 9 pin connection required. Listed below are the specs 

Intel Core i7 7700k

GTX 1080 ACX 3.0 SC

ASUS Z270i 

I can go into further detail about the other specs if needed, but I'm not sure if they are. What header on the mobo will allow me to control the RGB of the PR22 D5? TT says that it should automatically sync with ASUS AURA, but I downloaded the Riing software just to see, and it wouldn't recognize my pump. I figured that since the connector for the PR22 D5 was 9 pins, it wouldn't require being plugged into the rgb header. I thought I should've gone in the cpu fan or aio pump locations, but I don't getany recognition from the mono when I do that, and there's no way for me to piggyback the glaciers and PR22 D5 both into the RGB header. 

The 9 pin cable with the micro usbs on the end should go to your usb header 

how ever you only having one header on the motherboard it is most likely in use.

Your best bet will be to get a internal usb hub if that is the case 

here are 2 that are currently on the market

https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Internal-Outputs-External-PS-ACC-IU2H00R-1/dp/B07FLY6NSX

https://www.amazon.com/Nzxt-Internal-Controller-Black-AC-IUSBH-M1/dp/B01IFGFTJ2

personally I have the Nzxt for my riing plus controllers as Thermaltakes hub was not out at the time.

Well... I believe that solution WOULD fix the problem, but I ended up frying my mobo from a different problem. Got a new one in the mail, everything is good with it. I got it installed and everything is working. It even has a USB 2.0 9 pin on it! Great, right? Well, I initially tried the micro usb to the IO panel, but I got the old "The last USB device plugged in has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." So then I plugged the original cable into the USB 2.0 header, but I still get the same problem. I've tried disable/enable and uninstalling/restarting but I still can't get it to work.

The new mobo I got was the Z370i vs the old one - Z270i. Also, I have another problem with this. (We don't have to attack it in this thread, but I thought I would mention it regardless). The Z270i had a 4 pin RGB header. The Z370i has a 3 pin RGB header, so the Phanteks Glacier CPU and GPU RGB waterblocks will not respond properly via the new 3 pin RGB header. They are just lit with a sky blue-ish color and I cannot edit them through ASUS Aura software, so I am unsure of what to do :(

Did you install the riing software before you got that message.

Also as for your rgb I would unplug that asap

your old motherboard had non addressable 12v header your new one has a 5v addressable header. The two are not compatible. You old motherboards rgb header had a 12v, Green, Red and blue line. The new motherboard has 5v data ground. 

what color/s were you aiming for on the waterblocks

Sorry for the lack of updates! I ended up getting the MSI Z370i mobo. I have a different issue now. I can get the res RGB to light up now, as in it has a response from the motherboard, but I cannot get the TT Riing Plus software to recognize it. I have the TT sync controller, and there is light illuminating the res unlike the way it was before. I just can't get the Riing software to recognize the res to change the color/make it static