Controller nr. 1 warning

CaptainPowerTurtle

Hello, i bought the Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 TT Premium and a pack with 3 fans+controller a couple of months ago.
I first got the warning "Controller Nr. 2", but after disabling the 3 ports there was empty on the second controller, i get the "Controller nr.1 Warning"
I have set up the controllers in the bridge mode.

Does it matter what controller is set to 1 and 2?
Controller nr.1 Handles the pump and 4 fans
Controller nr2. handles 2 fans.

Screenshot_10.png

Ok nvm I just reproduced what I thought was odd on my pc. So you are getting a error because you have all the items on controller 1 as Riing plus fans you will need to identify which one is the Floe Riing RGB(pump) and set it to that.

The easy way to do this is make a new profile with each item set to a different color once you identify the pump set it as a Floe Riing RGB on the drop down like below 

UlAZ4cY.png

Another way you can identify them without making a profile is by toggling them. A error should show up on the one that is the pump like in the link below.

https://i.gyazo.com/4617b2df110290ef7a33d87889ddf0ee.mp4

3 hours ago, Tack said:

Ok nvm I just reproduced what I thought was odd on my pc. So you are getting a error because you have all the items on controller 1 as Riing plus fans you will need to identify which one is the Floe Riing RGB(pump) and set it to that.

The easy way to do this is make a new profile with each item set to a different color once you identify the pump set it as a Floe Riing RGB on the drop down like below 

UlAZ4cY.png

Another way you can identify them without making a profile is by toggling them. A error should show up on the one that is the pump like in the link below.

Thx Tack! That was the issue! I would never have guessed that!
The pump is plugged into port 1, so it was easy to find it and change it.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I'm having endless amounts of problems with this too,

The only way i can get the RGBPlus program to not display errors is to have 2 Floe Ring RGB Pumps on and only 2 fans on, I have a 3rd fan that isnt showing anything at all (isnt cycling colour either now) 

As you can see from these its not showing any errors temp looks ok, but I'm not sure if that will all change under CPU load, I've tried to re-install the software but its now knocked 2 of the options off and 2 of the fans cycle the colours... :| when I exit the thermal take software all fans cycle the colours syncronised but the colour cycles so slow,

As you can also see 4 shows error when set to ring plus fan, and wants to be set as the pump and 1 is also showing the same issue, tempted to unplug everything and see if its the controller... 

any help would be amazing!

controller 2.PNG

controller 1.PNG

controller 3.PNG

more issues.PNG

• 1 year later...
On 1/22/2019 at 7:08 AM, eivissa said:

Same story here. Fresh windows install with no changes of the hardware and my Riing controller keeps kicking out warnings, without issues on either on the five Fans. Whats the problem? This gets very annoying especially when in-game.

I found a solution! I had the exact same problem as you. So for Riing controllers 4 and 5 I changed the dropdown selection to "Floe Riing RGB". No more contorller no. 1 error!

ttrgb.png

2 hours ago, DoomWad said:

I found a solution! I had the exact same problem as you. So for Riing controllers 4 and 5 I changed the dropdown selection to "Floe Riing RGB". No more contorller no. 1 error!

ttrgb.png

if your getting the error because you have nothing connected to 4 and 5 then you just need to click the little green circle fcf455180b3b70d4b4143e042c923822.png it will turn red 5dc794dca74610324737ae8e8111e54b.png and will no longer seek a device on those slots. If you have fan on those slots and they are not detecting properly then you have other issues.

3 hours ago, Tack said:

if your getting the error because you have nothing connected to 4 and 5 then you just need to click the little green circle fcf455180b3b70d4b4143e042c923822.png it will turn red 5dc794dca74610324737ae8e8111e54b.png and will no longer seek a device on those slots. If you have fan on those slots and they are not detecting properly then you have other issues.

Whoa dang, thanks! I just rebooted and didn't have the controller issue. I'll turn 4 and 5 off to see if the results are the same. Thanks for getting back to me!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 9/25/2018 at 1:23 PM, Tack said:

UlAZ4cY.png

This is a clip from the solution provided by, TACK and is indeed the simple software solution to the Controller Warning Message:

"...  you have nothing connected to 4 and 5 then you just need to click the little green circle fcf455180b3b70d4b4143e042c923822.png it will turn red 5dc794dca74610324737ae8e8111e54b.png ..."

That's it! No restart, no customer support -- thank goodness Tack put a little more attention to the software.

If you have more than one controller, and they are not daisy chained (####, even if they are . . .), use the same method for all.