Vinasis

Hello, I am wondering if I go for air cooling for the Level 20 XT in the following design, will I get good airflow, sent this question to thermaltake via the website inquiry form but sadly no reply, hence I am hoping someone can clarify this to me:

1. x2 200mm fans at the front for in-take.

2. x8 120mm fans at the top for pushing out.

3. x4 120mm fans at the right for in-take.

4. x4 120mm fans at the left for in-take.

5. x2 140mm fans at the back for pushing out.

The pictures on the website or on youtube are not clear, they all state that the two large fans at the front are for in-take via the small side gaps, what about left, right and top? do they have an area to push/pull air? and is it sufficient?

- I am not interested in liquid cooling for the record.

Best Regards, 

1 hour ago, Vinasis said:

Hello, I am wondering if I go for air cooling for the Level 20 XT in the following design, will I get good airflow, sent this question to thermaltake via the website inquiry form but sadly no reply, hence I am hoping someone can clarify this to me:

1. x2 200mm fans at the front for in-take.

2. x8 120mm fans at the top for pushing out.

3. x4 120mm fans at the right for in-take.

4. x4 120mm fans at the left for in-take.

5. x2 140mm fans at the back for pushing out.

The pictures on the website or on youtube are not clear, they all state that the two large fans at the front are for in-take via the small side gaps, what about left, right and top? do they have an area to push/pull air? and is it sufficient?

- I am not interested in liquid cooling for the record.

Best Regards, 

Hello Vinasis,

this is the Fan Support for Level 20 XT

image.png.2b8e7ba1c5e748f112fc41ea3f5968e0.png

and you could check the further spec from its product page below. 

https://www.thermaltake.com/products-model_Specification.aspx?id=C_00003284

thanks

Hey the 2 x 200mm on the front, 8 x 120mm on the top and 2 x 140mm on the back should work just fine for you. The amount of air that that will move in the case will make any air cooling set up happy.

The 4x 120mm on the sides would not be efficient in your situation on the xt.

Most of your air will come from the bottom and front of the case.

In my xt I am using the Floe Riing RGB 360 in my set up but before that I was using air will the same fan set up and it kept temps nice 

5 hours ago, TT James said:

Hello Vinasis,

this is the Fan Support for Level 20 XT

image.png.2b8e7ba1c5e748f112fc41ea3f5968e0.png

and you could check the further spec from its product page below. 

https://www.thermaltake.com/products-model_Specification.aspx?id=C_00003284

thanks

Thanks for the reply but sadly thermaltake can write that the case can support as many fans as possible, if i can't know if those fans can actually breathe well or not is the more important information, appreciate it.

5 hours ago, Tack said:

Hey the 2 x 200mm on the front, 8 x 120mm on the top and 2 x 140mm on the back should work just fine for you. The amount of air that that will move in the case will make any air cooling set up happy.

The 4x 120mm on the sides would not be efficient in your situation on the xt.

Most of your air will come from the bottom and front of the case.

In my xt I am using the Floe Riing RGB 360 in my set up but before that I was using air will the same fan set up and it kept temps nice 

Tack thanks a lot for your answer, if you can please let me know, the in-take from the sides are useless? the fans on the sides got room to bring in air inside the case or it's completely covered in tempered glass and they're meant only for radiators?

Also on the bottom there is space for x3 120mm fans are those useful or they'll directly hit the HDD racks?

Thanks again.

The sides have a very small gap at the top and bottom that is not really useful .Yes mounting them in that fashion is more meant for radiators as it will serve no benefit for any other use then that. But the bottom of the case is going to be the source of most of your air. 

Here is a pic of the bottom that I snapped when I was doing my build 

0WpcZfa.jpg

Here is a pic of the gap on the side using a penny 

6xcoEiX.jpg

Depends as the bottom fan holders also serve as the hdd bay holders. So its 2x 120mm fans or 3 hdd/ssd's. I would say 6 with no hard drives using those bays .But the amount of air that the top will push out adding more to the bottom would be sort of overkill unless your pushing into a radiator.

Hey there Tack, just wanted to thank you for all the information, sadly wasn't able to do so yesterday because "I reached the maximum number of posts per day" set by thermaltake.

But to be honest something here is alarming, the post I made had no similarity on the net, most people buy this case and go liquid cooling, and I sent an email to thermaltake via their website form and no reply, posted on their forum and an employee of theirs just replies with the obvious specs that are available on the website of the product, and did not answer the specific question I had.

The lack of support is really alarming, even if i buy the case I was thinking to pair it with the expensive riing plus fans...but even on amazon and newegg people were complaining of non existent customer support...

Thanks again man.

Do you think if I use x3 120mm fans at the front it'll do good in-take? Thermaltake fans are very expensive and if I want to get the fan selection I want it'll cost about double the price of the case, while I found another brand and I like their rgb fans but sadly they only do 120mm.

So itll be as:

1. Front x3 120mm in-take.

2. Top x8 120mm push out.

3. Bottom x2 120mm in-take.

4. Back x2 120mm push out.

Might put even x4 120mm in-take on each side since the other brand is cheaper and looks cool in my opinion.

So do you think I can get good air flow for the case if I follow point 1 to 4?

Sorry for the ma y questions but I am not an expert on fans but I am good with cpus and other stuff.

I think that setup would not be efficient. The 3 x 120mm on the front are most likely just going to pull air from inside the case and not from the front vents. 

The 8 x 120mm fans at the top will be able on their own move enough are to provide fresh air. 

I do recommend the rear fans as the top one increases the cpu heat sink exhaust and the bottom rear will help with hhd cooling

The bottom of the case does not really need fans for a air cooling setup as the air being moved out of the case will be replaced and most of it will be pulled from the bottom.

Adding the fans to the sides may look cool but you will most likely increase you noise level and turbulence within the case.

Hmm so a set of fans that has the 120mm, 140mm and 200mm only available option is Thermaltake Riing Plus TT Premium Edition which will set me back if i go for the front x2 200mm fans, back x2 140mm fans and top x8 120mm fans about 460 USD..

And the other option that I had hoped it might work was the Enermax T.B RGB 120mm fans which would set me back 305 USD but will get me x23 120mm fans...

Please let me know if you have other options in mind, I do apologize for asking many questions but not many people I know own that premium case, just wish and hope thermaltake support was existent which is actually affecting my decision to buy their fans...

Yah the big difference in cost between those fans is going to be features. The Riing leds are a digital system being each led is controlled independently. From what I have read the Enermax T.B RGB are a single color fan and run of a standard 12v,g,r,b system and are not software controlled by default.

Have not really looked around at other fans as the Riing system does what I want it to do and achieves what I was aiming for in my build. 

• 3 months later...

Hello Tack, how is it going man.

So an update about my level 20 xt, I love it since I have a large noctua cooler push pull configuration and an rtx 2080 ti gaming x trio "huge card" which look like babies in this case.

But since you're an owner I have a question for you, I am worried about dust building faster in the case from the sides, have you had this problem? And for the front 200mm fans I think they are not able to get enough air in since they are between the chassis and the glass, I am thinking of putting them from the inside of the case think this might help?

Cable management was tough but I managed to organize the hdd cages in a way that they lock the cables over the gpu so it looks clean now ^^.

One thing I wish I was able to find is a way to put a psu shroud to easily cover the cables from both sides...that would make it more amazing.

Hope to hear your thoughts and once I get back home I'll post some pictures of my build so it can be of help to others planning to go crazy air cooling like me in this case ^^

• 1 year later...