Help Me ThermalTeam! I cant control the fan speeds via my TT Sync

InfiniteDefined

Hi Thermaltake world and of course ThermalMike

So I bought the 120 Riing Premium 5 pack, (love these things, quiet and super impressive lighting) but want them to sync with my Strix Z370-G from Asus. Added a TT Sync Controller into the mix and now they sync, when sync doesnt crash, and I am unable to control the fanspeeds of all but 1 fan??? I can deal with the Asus Aura issues but my PC sits on my desk and sounds like its about to take off with 4 of the 5 fans at full noise, 100% of the time! 

Help me please! 

Hi,

When using the TT SYNC controller, for the fans connected, make sure you have the PWM cable that connects from the controller to an available motherboard PWM header. Then, for any fan curve settings, you just need to set up in the bios.

You should only need 1 cable plugged into the controller to control all the fans. Hope this is the trick, let us know if you need any further assistance.

Hi ThermalMike!

Big thanks for the quick reply! 

Re the PWM header, I started with this plugged into the Case Fan header, and set it to PWM in the Bios, only 1 of the fans slows down. So I tried it on the CPU Fan header (thinking maybe there was more sensitive control there or something) but still nothing. I’m using the Asus Qfan control and it is registering the Fan header just fine, but when set to PWM, only 1 Fan alters it’s speed. 

You think the controller might be dodgy?

-Adam

Dear All , 

Could someone clarify if I can use only the TT Sync Controller to control both my ring fans plus and my PR22-D5 plus pump or if I have to install both controller ? 

Like the TT sync controller will be used for the ring plus and the rest of the led rings , the pump controller will be dealing only with the pump .

this is really not clear at the moment 

thanks 

11 hours ago, InfiniteDefined said:

@emmjawsX you may be on to something there! Before I undo all of my painstaking cable management to try this, @ThermalMike what are your thoughts?

Hi,

So you have 2 fans on one side and the other 3 on another side? You might have to connect up the other PWM cable, we include 3 of them for each side. Test it out before you redo the cable management to confirm. I have worked with some that can get all of them to work with just 1 cable, but its case by case for each MB.

3 hours ago, kienast said:

Dear All , 

Could someone clarify if I can use only the TT Sync Controller to control both my ring fans plus and my PR22-D5 plus pump or if I have to install both controller ? 

Like the TT sync controller will be used for the ring plus and the rest of the led rings , the pump controller will be dealing only with the pump .

this is really not clear at the moment 

thanks 

Yes, any "Plus product" can be connected, that is the best part about this, you can add in LED strips like our Lumi Plus, PR22-D5 plus, CPU blocks, it all will connect with Plus products. We also have support for the new Trio's fans as well, but it is limited to max of 5 fans on 1 controller due to the voltage demand they require.

Hello Mike ,

I filled up the loop today ------ > all good , no leak and  the ring fans are working .

Please note at the moment my mobo is not connected , I am just usng the 24 pins bridge on the motherboard cable to power up the loop and the fans . 

I have also connected the PR22 reservoir cable into the TT sync controller ----------- > no luck , the resevoir does not illuminate . 

Is this enough to get the reservoir powered up ?  or do I also need the extra power coming from the mobo ? 

thanks 

Da

and to add on the above , the lights of the top fan suddenly went off .... I replace the fan , the new was having only one light switch one and then 10 mns after the second lights went off also .....

Both fans are now unseable .

Is this normal ? coul it a defective controller ? 

thanks 

@ThermalMike tried that mate, just killed everything. I got the random flashing that I saw mentioned in other threads. Tried all types of combinations of where to put the headers in relation to the fans, and even going back to where I started, every time I set the fans to PWM in bios, the LEDs start randomly flashing. 

I have installed the original controller again and it works a tread so my guess is that this controller is faulty, or the MOBO doesnt like it. Which sucks as my OCD loved everything looking the same!

hello,

I am using an asus prime deluxe x299 and I have tried everyhting I could

- first using the tt snyc controller 

- then remove it and use the controler that came with the PR22 pump 

- then remove it ans tried the controller that came with the ring plus fan kit 

I can not get this to work , with none of the controller , no matter what I do only 3 fans among 5 are kind of working but their lights stays statics

The two other fans do no get any light at all 

I treid different version of Aura synch and thermaltake rgb software -------- > no luck .

I think I am just going to rma the whole stuff :(

If someone has a brigt idea I am taking it of course .

thanks 

D

On 10/5/2018 at 6:01 AM, kienast said:

Hello Mike ,

I filled up the loop today ------ > all good , no leak and  the ring fans are working .

Please note at the moment my mobo is not connected , I am just usng the 24 pins bridge on the motherboard cable to power up the loop and the fans . 

I have also connected the PR22 reservoir cable into the TT sync controller ----------- > no luck , the resevoir does not illuminate . 

Is this enough to get the reservoir powered up ?  or do I also need the extra power coming from the mobo ? 

thanks 

Da

Besides the physical connections, you need to also setup the lighting in either the BIOS or once you get windows installed. Some boards dont have any lights on by default and likely all you need to do is set it up. You can test the pump LED's by connecting to the controller that came with it and power that up, we have a default rainbow mode and should be easy to check before you go any further with it.

23 minutes ago, kienast said:

Hi

I will be receiving a new kit tomorrow so we will see how it goes .

As a test I bough a coolermaster air balance Pro , plugged it and in 5 mns everyting was working like a charm :::)))

Stay tune 

thanks 

D

Keep us posted, it should be a straight forward install without issue.

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2018 at 6:26 PM, ThermalMike said:

On the bottom it says up to 5 Riing Trio Fans. Is there a way to be able to Sync more than 5? Will another controller connected to another 5v rgb header still allow all fans to sync?

• 2 years later...

This website is only a guide for users to understand the process to Download, Install and Activate Webroot login Products, We do not have any affiliations from Webroot and any other company related to Antivirus. Antivirus is essential software that helps in removing internet viruses and threats. But how many people use them? Internet security is a sizable concern in the 21st century. But people still choose to ignore the power of hackers and what they can do with the technology they had. It’s important to update yourself about internet security from time-to-time.