Core P5 - SLI cards position problems

kienast

Dear All

I decided to mount my sli of 1080ti via the riser/horizontal method on the Core P5 and I have two issues :

1 - the position of the risers on the motherboard I am using (Asus x299 deluxe) make almost impossible to use the riser slot closest to the motherboard without applying too much force on the Riser itself when sloting the second gpu card. 

2 - If I move the cards one slot away from the Motherboard then both GPU cards are very close one to the other (2mm I think) , making the SLI setup very bad when it comes to GPU temperature

Is there a way around those issue without having to slot the cards directly into Motherboard and avoid using the riser ?

Many thanks 

K

11 hours ago, kienast said:

Dear All

I decided to mount my sli of 1080ti via the riser/horizontal method on the Core P5 and I have two issues :

1 - the position of the risers on the motherboard I am using (Asus x299 deluxe) make almost impossible to use the riser slot closest to the motherboard without applying too much force on the Riser itself when sloting the second gpu card. 

2 - If I move the cards one slot away from the Motherboard then both GPU cards are very close one to the other (2mm I think) , making the SLI setup very bad when it comes to GPU temperature

Is there a way around those issue without having to slot the cards directly into Motherboard and avoid using the riser ?

Many thanks 

K

Hi,

If you want to space out the cards, which is the best way imo, you would want to get a longer riser cable for the card furthest away from the MB. The 300mm cables are fine for single card and even if you go with the closest slot to MB for GPU 1, the riser should be fine. Its the other card that you need extra length to have it go around GPU 1 so it does not stretch the riser out.

We offer risers in different lengths, the 600mm TT Premium cable comes to mind, but there is other options out there as well.

Just my suggestion, you should be able to use 2 300mm risers, it is just a tight fit depending on the GPU's being used. You have some play with the bracket mounting, just loosen the screws on the bracket that the riser is attached to, get your cards setup and spaced how you want it before you secure the bracket to the tray.

Hi Mike , 

I do have 600 mm premium riser also but that does not change the fact that mounting holes on the bracket are too close from each others when not sloting the gpu into the mobo . 

I mesure them being 8cm away from each others ..... too close imo for SLI setup . 

My GPU  are gigabytes 1080 ti and the force being apply on the mobo riser by the closest card to the mobo itself was way too much (at least for me :)) so I decided to slot the card directly into the mobo and change the setup if I decide to go for a single card setup with gpu watercoling . 

thanks for your answers !! 

regards

Da