TT RGB Plus unable to read system temps

eagl3

Hello,

I bought the Riing Plus trio pack that comes with controller. I've connected everything and I am able to start the software and control lights/fan speeds manually however I cannot get the PWM to work accurately. I noticed that the software always shows 0 degrees. I have checked the motherboard's bios and I have about 6 different zones with working temperature sensor readouts that are working correctly.

The TT controller is connected via internal USB header. My motherboard is Gigabyte Z370 Aorus 7. How do I make the app point to a specific temp sensor?

Update: reading around forums found the issue is that I have to start the program as an administrator, and now I am able to get a read-out, but my original question still stands; how do i point the app to read a specific temp sensor?

image.png

The app should read the temp directly from the pc within the software automatically. The hwinfo being blank is odd to me. Strange that it it works with administrator. Seems like a permission issue. Have you tired uninstalling and reinstalling the software.

I am logged in as the admin; I had to run it as admin for the hwinfo to read properly. Now when I restart that no longer needs admin, it is strange. I am getting the temps but for my aorus 7 board, it seems to be pulling data from the VRM temperature sensor. Whereas I'd rather set my own sensor(such as case temp sensors plugged in mobo) and also set my own curve for controlling the fans

1 hour ago, eagl3 said:

I am logged in as the admin; I had to run it as admin for the hwinfo to read properly. Now when I restart that no longer needs admin, it is strange. I am getting the temps but for my aorus 7 board, it seems to be pulling data from the VRM temperature sensor. Whereas I'd rather set my own sensor(such as case temp sensors plugged in mobo) and also set my own curve for controlling the fans

Thermaltake have a good fans with good lighting effects.
But the TT RGB program RPM control is a big s..t. :(
Only PWM and fix speeds.

You know the NZXT CAM program?
That program is have RPM/temp control customization.

My question is, Thermaltake is why not make this option in the program?

3 hours ago, TirexiHD said:

Thermaltake have a good fans with good lighting effects.
But the TT RGB program RPM control is a big s..t. :(
Only PWM and fix speeds.

You know the NZXT CAM program?
That program is have RPM/temp control customization.

My question is, Thermaltake is why not make this option in the program?

We have seen this feedback already for fan curves and others to be added, but we are not going to add to much more right now. 

This is because we are working on a new platform, can't give to many details right now, but soon we will show some info. 

Sorry cant talk much atm, but I hope this little bit will let you know we hear you and are working on it.

It will be much easier for everyone for us to move to a new platform to expand what we originally started with the TT Premium software, hope you like it and will really need your feedback!

On 10/11/2018 at 4:35 PM, ThermalMike said:

We have seen this feedback already for fan curves and others to be added, but we are not going to add to much more right now. 

This is because we are working on a new platform, can't give to many details right now, but soon we will show some info. 

Sorry cant talk much atm, but I hope this little bit will let you know we hear you and are working on it.

It will be much easier for everyone for us to move to a new platform to expand what we originally started with the TT Premium software, hope you like it and will really need your feedback!

Ok, that is fair. Are you able to release any details of WHEN we can expect the new platform to debut? 

On 10/12/2018 at 11:48 PM, eagl3 said:

Ok, that is fair. Are you able to release any details of WHEN we can expect the new platform to debut? 

Hoping to have out by end of the year, still lots of testing to go, I personally want it to be really good, so I gotta test the **** out of it XD

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello!

It has now been almost 2 years since last post on this topic. The new platform is out and it's name is TT RGB plus 2.0, but We can STILL not choose the temperature sensor source. If I had known this before I deeply invested in Thermaltakes fans, riing plus (18 of them),   I would not have gone for thermaltakes fans for other reasons also.

Everytime I cold boot my computer the TT RGB software starts up without my configuration.  I can then exit the TT RGB Software and restart it, and then it may show my devices.  I have 6 TT Controllers in my computer that controls all of the RGB Fittings, Lumi led strips and all of the fans.

It's too bad that Thermaltake can't fix these issues and add the possibility to make my own fan curves and point to my own temperature sensors. I have two separate custom water cooling loops in my computer. One for my CPU and one for my Graphics card.

I would like to control the speed of the fans for the radiator that cools the Graphics card based on the temperature of the water and not the CPU.