Asus 2080, can not believe how big the heatsink is

[IMG]

[IMG]

Asus Strix Motherboard,

[IMG]

[IMG]

Testing,

[IMG]

I have spent a few days testing paint, machine settings, and even did a quick test on some cable combs, I have also got some sleeving that I will be using, went with orange, carbon and black.

I just need to pick up all the cast acrylic on saturday and then it is full steam ahead.

Cable combs.

[IMG]]

[IMG]

I have upgraded my CNC to the work bee from ooznest,

[IMG]]

Did a little test on machine speeds and feeds,

[IMG]]

This will be the colour, I am using for the sleeving,

[IMG]]

I didn’t know if I wanted to paint my fittings so I did a 
test think I am going to go black with a hint of orange.
[IMG]]

Think I am going to stick with the black and maybe add some orange.

I will try and show every process of me making my distro plates, so if you are not following the build log best hit the follow button.

Richard

• 2 weeks later...
[IMG]
So I have a few days off work this week have the house to myself so thought it was best to get a move on, so I have pull this case apart.

[IMG]
I dont need the back or mid plate as I will be replacing these with distro plates, here is a litlle sneak peek,

[IMG]
I have have no back on the case, I can start the basement, this is going to house the PSU the res and pumps and RTX 2080 card.I want to have a false floor, this will help cable manage the fan cables pump.
Start with marking it out.

[IMG]
I did make a mistake here, I had to move the RTX back 30mm I amended this when I cut the acrylic.

[IMG]
This could have cut with a jigsaw and filed down put I wanted to to use the CNC, plus the more I use it the more knowledge I get.

[IMG]
forgot to share my stack of acrylic I am sure I will need more.

[IMG]
I have place the false floor in to the case and add a big piece of acrylic on the back I am using 3 of these for just the back distro plate.

[IMG]
Its, start to look like something.
I tested the psu, I want this to over hang so it goes through the back of the case.

[IMG]
Think it looks good, at least I know the holes are straight.
Next was to try and get everything level, the has really pee me off, because I want to make the distro at the back of the case, and the case is being judged I need all the edge match and need it to work. I used the CNC to take a mm off at a time on the bottom and the side. I took 5mm each side and it was still a bit off, here is a photo any way.

[IMG]
I know the cause and a way to fix it but I will do that once I have done the distro plate but will need to do it before I put the mid plate in.
This is what I want to make, this will be on the back of the thermaltake level 20 xt.
[IMG]
I have never seen one done where the loops cross over in the distro plate, I have never done one before and with my old machine I had only ever done basic 120 res nothing as big as this and with a short time frame, here we go.
I am using 10 mm cast acrylic 365mm by 465mm. We are doing a base, this is one loop, middle for the second loop, and the third is the lid.
I made a custom bracket on my waste board so I new where to place the acrylic so each piece is using the same zero on the CNC.
This is what we started with,
Lid
[IMG]
I machine out the gpu, psu and the io, and drilled all the holes, everything going well.
[IMG]
Next, We do the middle
[IMG]
Everything still going well, and for the base.
[IMG]
Now that we have every thing is cut we need to tap the holes this didn't go well I normally use 3.3mm hole and use a m4 tap with my drill, this have always work for me when I have made custom motherboard trays and always did it this ways, should have done it by hand as the bit got to hot and was not doing the thread just a hole. I was gutted saw the light, when I should have just taken my time.
We did get a few positives it looked great everything fitted well and I could start to see my vision.
Negatives I messed up on the taps and I will need to sand the channels down.

I did test fitted it in to the case and it look great.
[IMG]
[IMG]
I was hitting my head off the wall and needed to step away, trying to think of a way for it to work.

The next day I went back to the shop and re bought the acrylic, I changed the design just a little bit and went back to the machine,

[IMG]

This time when it was all completed I taped all holes by hand,

[IMG]

[IMG]

Once the holes were tapped I needed to screw them all in.

[IMG]

[IMG]

At this point I was yes it done, just need to leek test,

[IMG]

I filled it up and left it over night, the blue tape on the photo below is the fill line

[IMG]

As you can see it drop on a little but its too much.I added a few more screw but it does not seem to work.

I have spoke to a few people, I have no idea where the water is escaping and it could be an issue with the o ring channel could have a few deep pockets, it means the o ring is not sitting right.

Now I have two of them.

[IMG]

I now need to think how I can fix this, or I need to rethink the distro, maybe I should not over lap the channels.

Any ideas leave them below.

Thanks for taken the time to read the post.

• 1 month later...

[IMG]

Right guys, I had to start the Mod again, with me changing the back distro, it meant all my sizes were out.

I started with a simpler design but still has the WOW factor, I think this is just down the the size of the case, I did remove the second loop. I also have to change how I want to mount the panel back to the case, I did want to keep both side panel but I will be removing one of them.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Once I made the new back, and sorted the mount for the top panel and side panel, I was happy to start the internals.

I started in the basement I recut the bottom panel this is 20 mm from the base of the case I have done this to hide the cables going to the 3 control boxes, which will sit behind the screen you should be able to see these from the right hand side and the top of the case.

[IMG]

Once I was happy with this I started with the side panel which will hold the screen, I am using the screen to show celebrate thermaltake product over the last 20 years.

[IMG]

You can see I am sticking to the plan I submitted to the competition.

These are the cable combs I will be using.

[IMG]

[IMG]

I even made some little brackets to hold the mid plate in place,

[IMG]

Once I installed the brackets, I added the mid plate which will hold the motherboard, passthroughs and another custom distro plate. I will be keeping the mid plate clear so you can see straight into the basement.

[IMG]

I have added the sponsors logos to the side panel, I got this mod from the modding pages on bit-tech, I have used etching cream to etch the side panel. I tested this on the project no name side panel.

I cut a TT logo out on vinyl, applied the logo and then applied the cream I left it on for around 15 min and then washed it off,

Before,

[IMG]

After,

[IMG]

I am very happy how this turned out, I just want it to be seen.

Now it was time to do the side panel,

[IMG]

[IMG]

You will have to trust me, the panel looks great, you will see this in final photos.

Next I need to add the vinyl to the side panel and paint the screen cover, this didn’t take to long, I cut the logos on my vinyl cutter and applied them to the side panel. I have added these to the top panel which will be painted matt black and I will be painting the reverse side orange.

The screen fits in great.

[IMG]

Apply all sponsors logos

[IMG]

[IMG]

Test fit

[IMG]

The panel is all set for paint,

I have also ran my cables from the psu these are now in place and will not be removed, they look great.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Right guy's I was running out of time, and didn't want to miss the dead line so here is #TT20 hope you like it.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
Hope you all like the photos.

Sorry again that I jumped to the finished photos. I need to make sure I completed it on time