Sadly Error Code:H_0x0001

tvf88

I paid $150 plus s+h to have a 5 pack of 140mm Riing Plus shipped to me next day. Install the 5 fans install the controller follow all the steps correctly and what do I get, fans that I can't control the speed of and they are completely dark. I'm getting the dreaded H_0x0001. Should I pursue support or just go ahead and return these to Amazon and get a refund....

System specs:

Ryzen 2600x

MSI b350 Gaming Pro

MSI 1070 8g OC Armor

3000mhz Trident Z rgb

Before you do anything just go over your connections. Make sure power connector is seated all the way. Check usb connection or if you have a microusb cable you can try usning it from the back of your pc to the controller to test.

do the fan look like they are spinning slow or at a decent speed.

Can you post a pic of how you have it hooked up and a pic of the power cable that came with it.

I've checked my connections multiple times everything is seated correctly no matter if I use the headers on my motherboard or use a usb cable out. I can't post a pic but the power cable that came with it has the chip at the end where the power connects to the controller 

Sorry for the poor picture quality but as you can see I do have it hooked up correctly, I have also verified that it's no issues with my headers I plugged in my smart phone using the included usb cable that came with the controller and fans and windows instantly picked it up just like if I plugged it into any other outside USB ports, my phone was charging and I was able to view my phones file system. Also to add I was using coolermasters masterfan rgb kit with their controller on the same header before with absolutely no issues.  Also the dip switches are set correctly since I am only using one controller.

The power cord is one of the braided ones with the chip in the end but I'm not sure if that makes much of a difference, if any of the fan plugs look not completed seated its because they were moved in order to get the picture so that is also not a factor

When I originally posted I was at work and missed some of your questions. The fans appear to be spinning at maybe 20 to 30 percent speed.

If there was a disclaimer to say not compatible with Ryzen or even possible compatibility issues I would've stayed away from this. It sucks to spend $171 (s+h included) and the product not work as intended.

IMG_20181006_194941.jpg

2018-10-06.png

So...I have an update the power cable that came with the unit i realized I have a male plug that looks just like the end of the power cord that TT provided that comes directly off of my PSU so I plug that in and boom everything lights up software sees the fans and everything is fine. I'm still not 100 percent convinced so my return is still ready to take place if needed but as of now it is working.

Hi, 

Wanted to check to see how everything is going on from the weekend. The PWR cable with the resistor was to help with Sleep/Hibernate issues on resume, but it could be bad from what you said. I see you are in the USA, contact our support and we can send you an extra controller and power cable to have it just in case.

Using the PSU floppy power is fine, done that before to save some space myself, should be fine to use.