bubble air coming back into the waterblock

kienast

Dear All,
I hope this is the right place to post and get some help . 
I am currently building my first custom loop using a EK-FB ASUS PRIME X299 RGB Monoblock and a combo thermaltake PR22-d5 as pump and reservoir . 
I have an issue with a big air bubble always coming back in the top left corner of the monoblock . 
When I removed it , the bubble comes back at the excat same place the day after . 

The knoob speed of my pump is currently set to 3 among 5 different possibilitiy , the maximum being 5 . 

Would you know what the potential issue could be and how can I get rid of the bubble ? 

thanks 
Da

air bubble.jpg

Hi, 

Based on what you said, you have an air leak somewhere. 

Check all your fittings, look for a really small leak somewhere maybe..

Its not about the coolant leaking out with this, but air is getting into the system, and that is the spot it ends up in. 

Could be any fitting really, check them out, they dont have a lot of O-rings on those EK fittings so that could be where its gapping out.

Also want to note, your monoblock has a lot of seepage between the channels, like the acrylic is not fully seated on the cold plate, this could also be a reason for that bubble too just to mention. 

Good luck finding it out and thanks for the question! Pump should be fine, I would run on like 3-4 speed setting for best results unless you got 2 rads in there with GPU blocks, then go to 5.

Hi Mike

Thanks for the feedback but can you clarify the "your monoblock has a lot of seepage between the channels, like the acrylic is not fully seated on the cold plate, this could also be a reason for that bubble too just to mention"

This monoblock is one piece only and I fixed using 4 screw directly on the Mobo so really I dont see how I could change somehting here ... 

thanks 

34 minutes ago, kienast said:

Hi Mike

Thanks for the feedback but can you clarify the "your monoblock has a lot of seepage between the channels, like the acrylic is not fully seated on the cold plate, this could also be a reason for that bubble too just to mention"

This monoblock is one piece only and I fixed using 4 screw directly on the Mobo so really I dont see how I could change somehting here ... 

thanks 

Talking about right here:

image.png

3 hours ago, kienast said:

Waouh, i did not even noticed that before.

i dont think this is normal, what could bebthe reason and what is the best way to fix this issue ??

thanks!

Take it apart, clean it and reseat the acrylic to the plate. Check on warranty and all that first if you even want to mess with it.

Technically it should be fine as long as it does not go outside the O-ring...

But air is getting in there somewhere, might not be the block, could be fittings and dont forget it is not just the fitting secured to the tube, but the G1/4 to the radiator where the air could be leaking. 

Grab a spray bottle with some water and look for bubbles, if fitting is leaking replace it or just put some pipe tape on it.

MiKE

I reach out to EKWB support and waiting for their answer but looking at the picture of this monoblock on their website , they look exactly like mine when filled-up. 

So I dont know if mine is defective or not ... it is brand new anyway so should be under warranty .

I will let you know ,

Thanks 

image.png.676706658ac775be7daa4f8d4872e2eb.png