Error Controller Not Recognized

LuisCastroCR

Hi, 

I've been getting lately an error of Controller Not Recognized for my 3 120 fan pack, it is easily solved by just unplug and plug the controller back in, though, it is really inconvenient to open up the case each time that happens, when does it happen? it is arbitrary, somedays works perfectly and someday from all the sudden, the error appears, how can I fix this once and for all?

Hi, 

Good questions above, also, are you running any type of Sleep or Hibernate modes on the system?

If you reboot only, does the connectivity come back or ONLY by power cycling the controller separately?

Check in the bios to for any power save modes, could be tripping the connection if it is going into a low 5V state mode.

On 10/10/2018 at 11:14 AM, ThermalMike said:

Hi, 

Good questions above, also, are you running any type of Sleep or Hibernate modes on the system?

If you reboot only, does the connectivity come back or ONLY by power cycling the controller separately?

Check in the bios to for any power save modes, could be tripping the connection if it is going into a low 5V state mode.

Hi! No, I just reboot the system everytime and yes the connectivity only comes back by power cycling the controller separately. I was thinking about getting the premium edition as a replacement, but it has Aura sync compatibility as well as the rest of my set up, but now I fear it won't solve it. 

Will check for power save modes. 

UPDATE: I received the following error when restarting the pc  fan control service fan control manager error, something about the AL Suite 3 from asus. Uninstalled and re installed the whole thing and then the pc restarted, didn't get the same error and the fan controller issue disappeared, now, this error happens randomly so Im not gonna assume it has been fixed because this is the first time, I will restart pc a couple more times to see if the issue has truly been fixed as for what you guys told me. checked the bios and no power saving settings there. 

I would really like to know if it is a hardware or software issue, if it is the latter, Ill be worried because it won't be easy to fix, whereas if it is a hardware issue I was thinking about replacing it either way for the premium version to get the aura sync compatibility

Hi Guys, 

Pictures below! The Assus support told me to update BIOS, in was in fact outdated, but didnt solve the issue after updating it. 

I did also update the TT RGB Plus software(for some reason I thought I did, but I didnt) and had to work some late night hours with a client so didn-t really have the time to restart, will check today and see if that update worked. 

20181017_191717.thumb.jpg.4008d990f93a9c501c8234aed3ecdf3a.jpg2055062628_Captura(1).thumb.PNG.00508ce55a1feca95d6d016a91bfdb39.PNG

If the update worked your all good. If the update didn't work try the following:

1. checked all connections
  2. try a different usb cable. You can also use a standard micro usb cable and hook it to the back of your pc for testing.
  3. tried a different power cable. Most power supply's will have a floppy power cable on them.
  4. checked the switches on the controller to have them coincide with what the manual states 
  5. Tried reinstalling the software including deleting the folder at C:\Users\*your username*\AppData\Roaming\Tt

If all that does not work file a rma for a replacement controller.

https://thermaltakeusa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003056047-Warranty-Claim-RMA-Request (USA / Canada)

https://www.thermaltakecorp.com (global)

Hi, 

Update didn't work, I checked everything software related, even updated bios, so not sure if this is just a hardware issue. 

As for your steps. 

I tried usb cables, they are solid, the problem is it is not recognize at start up, but once the computer is on, after plugging the controller again it gets recognized, Im afraid because this right here feels like a software issue, however, it was working fine before and I didn't made any modifications to the windows whatstover, it just stopped working, so then again it might be a harware issue! so confusing! haha The controller cable that does into the mobo does have two usb connections they both say "B" but the controller itself only has one, not sure if the other should be plugged somewhere, don't think so, since it was already like that when I opened up the case. 

power supply is solid, tried elsewhere and it is good, as mentioned, if I unplug the power cable and plug it back in, the controller gets recognized, don't think this is a power issue at all. 

Sitches are good, nothing has been modified here.

will try on deleting the folder when I get back home. 

Thanks,