Two TT RGB Fan Controller is ruined! But why?

TirexiHD

Hi all.

My "Errror Code:H_0x0001" story is a little bit different like others.
Its not software problem. My two controller is ruined. (physically dead)
I buy a 2x20cm Riing Plus and 3x14 Riing Plus fans (pack) and all working good.
After 1 week i play a game and my PC is turned off automatically. Ok. Restart.
After restart my PC i get the Errror Code:H_0x0001 (controller not connected to USB)
Hmmmm interesting.
I try to reconnect my controller but nope, the app is not see my controller. I think its died.
No problem is have two more controller. (two from the 20cm fans)
I connect the new controller and its working again!!! :D
But LOL.
Working... only worked for 1 day. :D Dead again. No USB connect or disconect sound if i try the USB cable connect and disconnect. So yes, the controller is dead physically.
Now i use my third controller BUT! i use the updated new power cable.
The first two controller is use the "old" power cable. (this cable included in the 3x14cm Riing Fans Pack)

So i think the "old" power cable is kill my two controller? I don't know.
The third controller is testing with the updated new cable.

Pictures:

01.thumb.jpg.8d1763018e401e4d1d18961a7170171e.jpg

02.thumb.jpg.3a1a4c486e55ac0703320add2e48abe3.jpg

03.thumb.jpg.d09d64591534e35f1f902e68ecd22d45.jpg

Video from the first time working controller:

PC Specs:
Asus Maximus X
GTX1080 TI
32GB DDR4
Thermaltake 1050W

Thanks for the help.

1 hour ago, Tack said:

Were the fans still spinning on the "dead" controllers and are any of your current controllers working properly.

The fans is spining with default RPM if i use a dead controller because the USB power is powering the fans across the controller. (working like a mini USB hub?)
But the controller "control" section is not working. The Windows is not see the dead controller anymore.
If i disconnect the Third working controller i hear a disconnect sound in Windows.
But the dead controllers connect/disconnect it does not cause Windows connecting sounds.

Interesting but this is true.

2 hours ago, Tack said:

Are the leds working on the any of the controllers at the moment? 

Yep.

Two dead controller: Spinning the fan with default RPM and have default rainbow light effect. But the windows is not see the controllers itself.

The third working controller is working fine with all lighting options in Windows.

If you get the fans spinning and default RGB lights, the controller is not dead the connection is imo. Either the cable failed or something got pushed out or broke/pinched on the data cable. Its a Y cable as well, try the other port would be an idea, but you are on the 3rd controller now. 

Only thing I can think of is to much force on the mini USB port connecting it or something going on with the header on the board, but its so hard to tell without looking at it.

For the dead controllers, contact our support, we can send out just replacement controllers to you, if you want to switch the power cables as well, just note that in the ticket.

https://www.thermaltakecorp.com/content.aspx?cid=5

On 10/10/2018 at 7:12 PM, ThermalMike said:

If you get the fans spinning and default RGB lights, the controller is not dead the connection is imo. Either the cable failed or something got pushed out or broke/pinched on the data cable. Its a Y cable as well, try the other port would be an idea, but you are on the 3rd controller now. 

Only thing I can think of is to much force on the mini USB port connecting it or something going on with the header on the board, but its so hard to tell without looking at it.

For the dead controllers, contact our support, we can send out just replacement controllers to you, if you want to switch the power cables as well, just note that in the ticket.

https://www.thermaltakecorp.com/content.aspx?cid=5

After 1 week the third controller is working perfectly with the updated power cable.
I not change the USB cable / location, i not change the program driver i not chage anything only the power cable.

So i think the old power cable is kill my two controller.

• 1 month later...

And here we are again.. my third controller is dead...
The fans spinning with the default speed and rainbow colors but:

011120.thumb.jpg.6c7eb5b68b0552f06e17f306010fc335.jpg

I try all my all USB ports, i try reinstall the software i try another power cable.
No connect and disconnect sound in Win 10 Pro 64bit after i disconnect and conect my TT Fan Controller.

Not working!
But why not working??
The internet is full with this ........g issues!
Why not fixing this Thermaltake Team??? WHY??????

If my CPU is die because your fans is not spinning correctly I complain to whole team!
We meet in court!

Big Thanks Thermaltake! Big THANKS! -.-'

dsad.thumb.jpg.6dd0982581092091f3a27e19ad553a08.jpg