Thermaltake Riing 360RL Plus

valtrux

have the Thermaltake riing 360 plus and I'm in the same boat I've tried everything I could. I switched out cables thinking that might help, I've reinstalled the software, I tried switching the fan ports, I also plugged in a speaker into the 9pin usb and the speaker started charging, I have also ran a cleaner on my computer and no LEDs.
Im running a strix 360E mobo with a 1080Ti. 

IMG_1229.JPG

IMG_1228.JPG

Hi, 

Sorry for the delay in my reply. Have you tried contacting our support?

https://thermaltakeusa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Call us today if you can, we are not open on the weekends FYI. 

I dont know what a strix 360E is, sorry. How do you have the power connected to the controllers?

If you are using the cable included with the fans, is it braided or flat ? Looks like it is braided, if so, and you have a floppy power connector on your powersupply, try that and see what happens. 

There is a resistor on the power cable, we switched to this but I have seen some concerns from people about it over the flat one. 

We can send you replacement power cables to see if that solves the issue without you having to send in everything. 

See if the PSU cable works through, as I can kind of tell the fans look to be spinning, but no light.

Our controller by default will be in rainbow mode, you dont even need to connect the data cable for that, just the power and fans, if that is a no go, I think it is a power problem or those controllers got shorted or something and need to be swapped too.

i bought the 360RL plus kit so it had extra controllers and cables with it i have swapped out all the cables and all the controllers so unless i have it connected wrong witch i dont think i do i have tried everything you have said. do you know which software i need because i think i have uninstalled and reinstalled all the software's as well. i tried calling but every time i call it goes to voicemail. 

1 hour ago, valtrux said:

i bought the 360RL plus kit so it had extra controllers and cables with it i have swapped out all the cables and all the controllers so unless i have it connected wrong witch i dont think i do i have tried everything you have said. do you know which software i need because i think i have uninstalled and reinstalled all the software's as well. i tried calling but every time i call it goes to voicemail. 

Hi, 

You might have called when we where closed? We are open right now for example, FYI we are on PST time zone.

For setup and install, recommend this video: 

i talked to tech support and idk how it happened but they said all 4 of the controllers i have were duds. it makes sense because i tried everything. i sent in a request and they are going to send me 4 more so i guess we will see what happens.
watching the video i saw everything they did i had already have done in the exact same steps. lol looks like i just got very unfortunate. 

On 10/15/2018 at 6:15 PM, valtrux said:

i talked to tech support and idk how it happened but they said all 4 of the controllers i have were duds. it makes sense because i tried everything. i sent in a request and they are going to send me 4 more so i guess we will see what happens.
watching the video i saw everything they did i had already have done in the exact same steps. lol looks like i just got very unfortunate. 

Sorry to hear, they can be picky if you are connecting them up while the system is on, suggest to avoid that as much as you can. It takes longer to turn off/on and all that, but a short can effect them, have to say its weird all 4 went out, so that is why I wanted to mention this, make sure those PWR connections are good and non of the wires are gettign pinched and all that. Keep us posted on what happens with the replacements. 

I am waiting for them to bring them to me to test i think.