sirdrp

Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7

16GB Ram

Thermaltake 360 FLOE AIO

Riing 20 Fans

Thermaltake RGB Plus software version 1.2.3

I installed the TT sync controller TT premium edition today and when I load the TT RGB software I got the error code (H_0x_0001). It said the controller could not be found. The fans are spin

Previously I had the controller that came with the Thermaltake 360 FLOE AIO, it worked 100% with the software. I upgraded to the (CL-O015-PL00BL-A) so I could install the Riing 20 fans that I got. 

The SATA cable is plugged in, the cable is plugged into my motherboard on a 5v LED header labled as a VDG header on my motherboard, the fan cables are all plugged in numerically and the PWM cables are installed correctly. 

I uninstalled the software and reinstalled it but it still doesnt work. 

Do I need to switch the VDG header to 12V instead of 5V? 

I tried to be as informative as possible, if i missed anything I will add it or answer any questions. 

Hi, 

The SYNC controller is a hub that connect to the motherboard and going this way you do not use the TT Riing Plus controllers and instead connect to this hub. As Tack mentioned, you cant use the TT software if you want to sync with the motherboard. 

If you have the sync controller, you will adjust the colors and setting with the MB SYNC software that is supported. Also, for fan speed adjustments, dont forget to use the PWM cables that are included with the controller, one for each side. Then with this PWM connected to the MB fan header, you can go into the bios to adjust/setup your fan curve.

Sorry to hijack this thread but since my problem is related to this controller and gigabyte motherboard, I didnt want to make a new thread when it relates.

CPU AMD Ryzen 7 1800x

Gigabyte AX370-Gaming K7

G.Skill RGB Memory

I currently have 4 Riing Plus 12 fans and one Floe Riing 360 in my build.  Since i have 7 fans that need to be controlled I purchased the TT Sync Controller TT Premium Edition.  I understand that each side of the controller has a PWM plug that gets plugged into a fan header on my mother board.    What has me stumped is the cable marked VDG with a three pin configuration, there is no 3 pin header on the board marked VDG. There are however in two locations a header marked LED_C1 and LED_C2.  At the LED_C1 header there are 4 pins marked from left to right (P1-12V, P2-G, P3-R, P4-B) and at the LED_C2 header its a 5 pin setup marked from left to right (P1-12V, P2-G, P3-R, P4-B, P5-W).  I want to be able to control all of this through the Gigabyte Fusion software.  

Any help is much appreciated and Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, cherrybomb22 said:

Sorry to hijack this thread but since my problem is related to this controller and gigabyte motherboard, I didnt want to make a new thread when it relates.

CPU AMD Ryzen 7 1800x

Gigabyte AX370-Gaming K7

G.Skill RGB Memory

I currently have 4 Riing Plus 12 fans and one Floe Riing 360 in my build.  Since i have 7 fans that need to be controlled I purchased the TT Sync Controller TT Premium Edition.  I understand that each side of the controller has a PWM plug that gets plugged into a fan header on my mother board.    What has me stumped is the cable marked VDG with a three pin configuration, there is no 3 pin header on the board marked VDG. There are however in two locations a header marked LED_C1 and LED_C2.  At the LED_C1 header there are 4 pins marked from left to right (P1-12V, P2-G, P3-R, P4-B) and at the LED_C2 header its a 5 pin setup marked from left to right (P1-12V, P2-G, P3-R, P4-B, P5-W).  I want to be able to control all of this through the Gigabyte Fusion software.  

Any help is much appreciated and Thanks in advance!

Just looked at the Gigabyte AX370-Gaming K7 It does not have a addressable header. So unfortunately a TT sync controller is not compatible with that board.

• 1 year later...

I'm thinkin on buy the thermaltake product "TT Sync Controller". 
I have a Gigabyte AORUS Z390 Xtreme Waterforce mainboard, and I could see that the "TT Sync Controller" is compatible with my Mainboard. 
The question is ... 
Could I be able to manage and check the RPM FAN Control on each one of the nine ports with the Gigabyte Smart  Fan Software?  

Many thanks in advance.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello,
I need help to connect my Thermaltake TT Sync controller to my AORUS B550 Pro v1 MB.
If I refer to the controller documentation, I have to use the Gigabyte cable to connect the controller to the MB. 
However the Gigabyte cable has 3 pins dupont connector (VDG) and the MB offers a 4 pin connector with a gap between the G and D pin. The Gigabyte cable connector only covers 2 out of 3 pins.

• Is it important that all 3 pins are connected?
  • Can I change the Gigabyte cable dupont connector with the one for Asus or MSI which has a 4 pin connector that looks like the one on my AORUS MB ?

I know it's DIY but I don't see any other solution
I don't want to burn out my controller or my leds :)

Thanks for your help

MB documentation.jpg

Gigabyte cable.jpg

MSI Cable.jpg

MB Connector.jpg