Floe Riing RGB 360 TT - Pump noise

Zer0Cool

Good Day,

I have just finished assembling my new computer, by using the Thermaltake RGB 360 TT.  The computer is super silent except for the pump.  It is making a low pitched noise, not super loud, but clearly the loudest component and extremely unpleasant to the ears.  Not the normal noise that your normal fans would make.  I seen someone had the exact same problem few posts below, but I did not see any solutions to the issue.  I am re posting the video that was originally posted in that thread, seeing how I have the exact same noise issue.

Thank you in advance for the help.  Look forward to your reply.

Hello,

In the video, it sounds normal to me. When the pump is like going out sound much louder or you will hear a ticking sound. 

How long have you had it in the system? Maybe give it a couple days of use, make sure temps are good and all that and see if it is just a break in period for you. Could also be a air bubble stuck in there, tip the case around with the system off and as well on.  

Maybe its the video, but if you are concerned with it, contact our support to go into more detail on the case and/or setup for replacement. 

https://thermaltakeusa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us 

I have a problem with pump noise as well with the Floe Riing TT. My computer has been running for about a month and the pump only makes noise when my machine is not doing any intensive tasks. I would suggest this is a problem with the pump speed at idle but there is no way to change pump speed with your software. It's a fairly loud clicking or rattling noise that is by far the loudest thing on my system even if I turn up all 9 fans. Is there any solution to this?

NB. It is a completely different sound to the buzzing (which I don't get at all) in the other guy's video.

*edit* I also don't have the pump itself showing as an adjustable feature in the RGB software if that is of any relevance. It is plugged into the CPU fan header and not the opt header.

4 hours ago, MrMuse said:

I have a problem with pump noise as well with the Floe Riing TT. My computer has been running for about a month and the pump only makes noise when my machine is not doing any intensive tasks. I would suggest this is a problem with the pump speed at idle but there is no way to change pump speed with your software. It's a fairly loud clicking or rattling noise that is by far the loudest thing on my system even if I turn up all 9 fans. Is there any solution to this?

NB. It is a completely different sound to the buzzing (which I don't get at all) in the other guy's video.

*edit* I also don't have the pump itself showing as an adjustable feature in the RGB software if that is of any relevance. It is plugged into the CPU fan header and not the opt header.

The pump is controlled by your motherboard via the cpu header. Your motherboard should have some software that allows to control the cpu fan header or you can do it in most cases via bios. The noise may be because the header is not set to see it as a pump so might be doing some strange rpm changes thinking its a fan. 

50 minutes ago, MrMuse said:

I also get a strange popup which says "warning controller number 16"

Sounds like you have one of your controllers set to be identified as controller number 16. Check the switches on your controller and see if they are inline with this.

0cdaf7d25729a05751ee94cc39ce5098.png

As for the error in most cases it because of a unused port on the controller that has yet to be disabled via the software. You disable the unused ports by clicking the fcf455180b3b70d4b4143e042c923822.png on the unused slots in most cases they will have a warning on them. But it might be your pump that you have yet to identify yet.  

How many controllers are you running?

two controllers. One for the cooler and the other for the rest of the fans. Neither controller has 16 switch sets. Since both together can only support a max of 12 fans there simply is no controller 16. It connection 1 on the Floe Riing was throwing up a warning sign. Clicking the power sign just disabled it. But yes the pump does not appear at all..just the 3 fans. I'll check the Bios.

Okay I changed the CPU fan setting in Bios from auto to PWM which has increased the "cpu fan speed" i.e. the pump, and the noise has gone completely. But I'm still getting the controller 16 warning from the RGB software and the pump itself still does not appear on it. I am using American megatrends F4 Bios on a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master motherboard. But since the Floe Riing is non addressable RGB I'm not sure what else to do.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

My pump once in a awhile drops from 1800rpm to 1000rpm and afterwards... 0rpm and the CPU Temp starts skyrocketing = Pump stopped. Rebooting PC, the pump starts again.

Ive tried use CPU fan and AIO Readers on my mobo and happened on both.

I tried different combinations of DC, Auto or PWM.. seens the same.

The pump once in awhile makes a weird noise like it was air bubble or something spinning around inside. Only last 1 sec or so the noisy.

Mobo is Asus Strix x399-e Bios 0808

Any idea if its a Faulty Pump or Faulty Mobo?

Thanks!

Hello people. I just installed a Floe Riing 280, and the pump was quite noisy as well.

I'm using a MSI MS-7B61 Z370 gaming plus MoBo, connected the pump to the corresponding connector, and it initially made the pump go flat-out at 1800 rpm. I changed the setting from PWM to DC, made up a nice temperature/speed chart, and it's dead silent just above 1000 rpm. I can't make the fans stop in silent mode or edit the curve settings in TT RGB Plus program, but they're silent so i'm fine.

Lagarinhos

have you updated the motherboards bios? It's not unusual some features aren't working perfectly from the factory.