My TT RGB Plus software won’t open

Mr_RustEZZE

This is driving me nuts! The default setting for the TT Riing Trio 12 rgb fans is so bright. I setup all the fans, downloaded the software and it worked! First try flawlessly. I set the fans to what i wanted ( was super impressed by the way) and I turned down their brightness.

Then I turned off my computer and went to bed. The very next morning I turned it on to find them in their default stage again. I said fine and went to turn them back to how i had them but now, TT RGB PLUS won’t open DESPITE it working once before!

I’ve tried everything. Different usbs, messing with the fan hub/controller, and even tried using the app on iOS but when I plug it in it can’t defect any of the fans.  

I should add that when I try to open up the TT launcher, it’s icon pops up in my task bar for a short amount of time which varies, then it closes without even opening the software on my desktop. 

This has become very annoying and I would love to be able to fix this issue so that I can keep these gorgeous fans. They truly are marvelous and well built despite this software issue. 

I have tried unistalling and reinstalling TT RGB Plus more than once and as far as I know it’s the latest version. v1.2.4 I believe. 

My PC specs

Intel i5 Coffee Lake Quad-Core 6600k 1151

Gigabyte G1.Sniper B7 (I realize this motherboard isn’t really meant for RGB but it had worked once before. Plus my NZXT x72 Kraken works with no issues)

Nvidia GeForce GTX 980

Corsair HX 850i I believe 

If anyone has any suggestions or insight on this issue I would greatly appreciate it. I can’t seem to find anything online. The only stuff I’ve seen or for these fan’s predecessor.

thanks 

just retested by uninstalling mine and it should be there 

7f6add00343c0a9c5067fab3ec1ab994.png

or the fact that it is not there could be your issue. Do you have some sort of protection that could be blocking it

also you can try re-downloading the software might just have a bad installer.

6 minutes ago, Tack said:

or the fact that it is not there could be your issue. Do you have some sort of protection that could be blocking it

I don’t know. Maybe. I’ll look into it some more 

58 minutes ago, Mr_RustEZZE said:

I don’t know. Maybe. I’ll look into it some more 

I can’t even seem to find Appdata\Roaming in my main user. I’ve got these tabs under users: 

First Pic

Then one that has Appdata\Roaming is UpdatusUser, but I can’t access it! I’ve tried everything. Even some command prompt stuff. I am definitely the Administrator because I’m the only one on this PC. 

Second Pic

Im using Windows 10

i should also make note that I have the newest TT Riing Trio 12 fans.

Third Pic for reference 

73ECF593-7DE5-42EB-99E0-8B86C54FCCC7.jpeg

4410F59A-745D-4FA3-A72D-20EE49D8F206.jpeg

66C4A573-522D-4B74-92E0-8A2FF0AB3E8F.jpeg

Type "%appdata%" in the start menu without the quotes then press enter it should pull up the correct folder

If that does not work open This pc, Then click on view then options 

738eafbdeec9021d9728b3586471591c.png

Once you have click options a window will open up that will have another view tab click it and go to hidden files and folders then click the "show hidden file, folders, and drives" 

99f6f2766c9d12723e6595f9c5717478.png

by the looks of it check the main Mr_RustEZZE folder not the updatusUser one as that one looks old and has not been modified for some years 

16 hours ago, Tack said:

Type "%appdata%" in the start menu without the quotes then press enter it should pull up the correct folder

Once you have click options a window will open up that will have another view tab click it and go to hidden files and folders then click the "show hidden file, folders, and drives" 

by the looks of it check the main Mr_RustEZZE folder not the updatusUser one as that one looks old and has not been modified for some years 

Alright. So I found the file, deleted it, reinstalled TT Plus and it worked! Problem is, once I set them how I wanted them again, I put my PC in sleep mode and went to bed. Now this morning I turned it back on to find the fans in their default setting. Just like the first time. 

So this time I only went into my Roaming and deleted the Tt file and the tried to boot up TT RGB Plus and to my surprise it worked. Again, I saved my settings.

However now I went into my hidden icons and right clicked the software and exited out of the software. Immediately the fans set back to the default RGB state! 

It seems that every time I launch the the software it reinstalls the Tt folder. My problem seems to lie in there somewhere. something within there prevents my app from opening and my settings from saving Hows that possible?

I am at a loss now yet again. 

Each time I launch the app after deleting the Tt folder it’s as if it’s my first time ever launching it. Each time this happens it brings up this “Warning” 

CE16C224-1514-4529-BEB8-65B9157A5271.jpeg

That warning in your case looks like it is because it is looking for fans on the other ports. My software looks different as I have riing plus and not trio's but the concept is the same.

95395f57688a8db30bbe1e357d439894.png

Click that Green circle line thing on the slots that don't have items connected to. being that I think you said you only have one fan you need to disable the other 4 ports by clicking so it turns red.

216dd971e49f7598d112c523e9d522ba.png

As for the tt folder it contains your saved profiles so if you keep deleting that you will have to keep redoing all your colors and settings.

19 minutes ago, kewlmunky said:

Check the install location of the app to see if the executable is still there. Being the software needs access to a lot of your system information it can get blocked/quarantined/deleted by antivirus software. I had to do some manual white listing for mine to stop deleting it. 

They have already got it working now I believe its just a matter of finishing the config in software so it stops looking for items on the empty ports.

1 hour ago, Tack said:

That warning in your case looks like it is because it is looking for fans on the other ports. My software looks different as I have riing plus and not trio's but the concept is the same.

95395f57688a8db30bbe1e357d439894.png

Click that Green circle line thing on the slots that don't have items connected to. being that I think you said you only have one fan you need to disable the other 4 ports by clicking so it turns red.

216dd971e49f7598d112c523e9d522ba.png

As for the tt folder it contains your saved profiles so if you keep deleting that you will have to keep redoing all your colors and settings.

I got three Riing Trio’s plugged in. Oddly enough it seems that turning off those two extra slots actually fixed my issue. At least so it seems right now. I’ll keep you updated if things change but thank you very much for your assistance! You’re a life saver... if this continues to work anyways :)

19 hours ago, Tack said:

O you have 3. yah then turning off the other 2 was the correct thing to do. Glad to hear it all working again. :D

Hey man. So I’ve still got the same issue. Whenever I turn my computer off in any capictiy whether it’s a full shut down or just sleep mode, it still resets my settings to their default when I turn my PC back on.

I even left my TT RGB Plus open and then put it in sleep mode and yet it still reset my fans! What’s more is that I couldn’t change my settings back in the launcher. I had to go back into my Roaming and delete the Tt file in order to interact with my fans again. 

This unrelenting process of having to constantly change my fan settings to what I want is getting old

3 minutes ago, Tack said:

So it goes back to not being able to open the software? And the only way it opens is re-deleting the tt folder or does it still open but does not do anything?

After I turn my pc back on I have the same problem as I did in the beginning. The software pops up in the task bar but won’t open unless I delete the Tt file

On startup if you press ctrl+shift+esc that will open up task manager. can you see if the tt rgb plus is on the list if it is right click it then end task. Then try starting the software and let me know if the same issue happens or if the software opens. Also try right clicking on the taskbar icon and click launch sometime it does not like opening by just clicking it.

2 hours ago, Tack said:

On startup if you press ctrl+shift+esc that will open up task manager. can you see if the tt rgb plus is on the list if it is right click it then end task. Then try starting the software and let me know if the same issue happens or if the software opens. Also try right clicking on the taskbar icon and click launch sometime it does not like opening by just clicking it.

So I opened up Task Manager on startup and the software didn’t show up in my Apps or background apps despite it being enabled to launch when windows starts. 

Then I tried to open it and it showed up in my apps but said “not responding”. Then it didn’t open and after subsequent attempts the “not responding” didn’t show up again and the app still wouldn’t open. 

Now ive yet again delete my Tt file since it seems to be the only way to open the app. Under the hidden icons tab it shows as the first picture shows. When I hit the X on the software it won’t open again from the shortcut however it will open through the Launch button in the hidden icons tab. However now when I hit the exit in the hidden icons tab we go back to the same problem. It won’t open again. 

As you can see I have it checked off in the photo and in my task manager to launch TT RGB Plus upon startup. It just doesn’t do it

Something else that I’ve noticed is that it’s a 32 bit software whereas I am running Windows 10 64 bit. However I can’t see now how that could be the problem being that my Spotify and Discord apps are also running 32 bit and work perfectly fine. 

Another thing that I should probably make mention of is that I upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10 back when that free upgrade came out when 10 launched. However some time went by and then i got the “Activate Windows” message the bottom right just above my date and time as shown in the other photo.

I am planning on buying a new windows key when I upgrade my HDD to SSD’s as my primary boot drive with the OS on it. The SSD’s i already own. However I can’t use them until I purchase a new motherboard which I can’t do unless I get an 8th gen cpu. 

All of these things I plan on doing very soon. I just currently lack the sufficient funds for the mobo and cpu.

The third picture just shows my task manager with the app running after deleting the Tt files. 

Andddd for the sake of covering all my bases the final photo is my TT app with the settings that I’d like to keep for the time being.

Thank you for your time 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

On 10/27/2018 at 10:36 AM, Tack said:

why i cant find this. i have some problem here...

On 10/27/2018 at 8:22 AM, Tack said:

Capture.PNG

I have the exact same issue, software wont open if i have the controllers plugged in. As soon as i unplug the controller, software will open.

It worked for about a week when i discovered how to turn off the inactive fan slots. But recently started booting again in its default RGB setting.

If i delete the TT folder in appdata, the software will open, but i have to delete it every time I turn on my computer to get it to work again.

I have 6 fans with 2 controllers. I opened a ticket with thermaltake about 3 weeks ago but never received a response.