My TT RGB Plus software won’t open

Mr_RustEZZE

11 hours ago, patruck825 said:

I have the exact same issue, software wont open if i have the controllers plugged in. As soon as i unplug the controller, software will open.

It worked for about a week when i discovered how to turn off the inactive fan slots. But recently started booting again in its default RGB setting.

If i delete the TT folder in appdata, the software will open, but i have to delete it every time I turn on my computer to get it to work again.

I have 6 fans with 2 controllers. I opened a ticket with thermaltake about 3 weeks ago but never received a response.

Responses are normally fast what region are you in? 

On 11/10/2018 at 8:52 AM, patruck825 said:

I have the exact same issue, software wont open if i have the controllers plugged in. As soon as i unplug the controller, software will open.

It worked for about a week when i discovered how to turn off the inactive fan slots. But recently started booting again in its default RGB setting.

If i delete the TT folder in appdata, the software will open, but i have to delete it every time I turn on my computer to get it to work again.

I have 6 fans with 2 controllers. I opened a ticket with thermaltake about 3 weeks ago but never received a response.

Do you too have the Activate Windows message in the bottom right of your screen? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/26/2018 at 1:14 PM, Tack said:

Have you tried uninstalling it and deleting the tt folder at C:\Users\*your username*\AppData\Roaming\Tt. Then reinstall the software.

Maan, spent a week trying to ferret out this issue.  I rolled the driver back because 1.25 was buggy for Ryzen systems and all of the sudden the software wouldn't start.  Tack, you hit it on the head and FINALLY got the software back up.  Thanks bud.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Is there an issue with TT software and the 1903 version of windows pro? Mine says it launches but no window shows up. Have latest version of C++ and in task manager it shows as a background process not in the active programs window. I have uninstalled C++ and used the version software tries to install and even deleted the appdata folder and still nothing come sup.  Running a Ryzen 1800X and a Gigabyte X370 Gaming K7. I have 2 controllers and 7 Ring Plus fans hooked up.

• 2 weeks later...

I had this issue resolved once i had finally gotten my mobo and processor and authentic version of Windows 10. All was well until like Schlitzbull, I updated the TT software and it was back to the way it was before. Couldn't get it to work, tried all the same trick again which didn't work in the first place anyways. Now what I have done is mined through my Chrome downloads since you can't install specific versions of TT RGB on the TT website and found the older version that I had before, 1.2.8. I think it works now as it did before. Here's that file for this version of TT RGB 1.2.8 for those who've had the same problem. https://www.thermaltake.com/pub/media/productattach/db/support/TTRGBPlus_Setup_128_x64.zip

• 4 weeks later...

I am having this issue now.  I think it is related to recent Nvidia Driver.  As several roll backs of updates has narrowed it down to that.  After a system restore, the only other thing I did was a VGA Driver update and can no longer open TT RGB Plus.  Any help is appreciated since it is the only way to control my fans.

On 9/12/2019 at 11:20 PM, Mr_RustEZZE said:

I had this issue resolved once i had finally gotten my mobo and processor and authentic version of Windows 10. All was well until like Schlitzbull, I updated the TT software and it was back to the way it was before. Couldn't get it to work, tried all the same trick again which didn't work in the first place anyways. Now what I have done is mined through my Chrome downloads since you can't install specific versions of TT RGB on the TT website and found the older version that I had before, 1.2.8. I think it works now as it did before. Here's that file for this version of TT RGB 1.2.8 for those who've had the same problem. https://www.thermaltake.com/pub/media/productattach/db/support/TTRGBPlus_Setup_128_x64.zip

You are the man!  I had exactly the same issue with v1.30 after a new build and completely fresh install of Windows Pro 64-bit.  No idea whether the NVidia driver is the problem, but installing v1.28 in place of v1.30 from your link immediately solved the problem.  Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/8/2019 at 2:37 PM, DWH said:

You are the man!  I had exactly the same issue with v1.30 after a new build and completely fresh install of Windows Pro 64-bit.  No idea whether the NVidia driver is the problem, but installing v1.28 in place of v1.30 from your link immediately solved the problem.  Thank you.

Worked for me too,This did the trick,thanks man. TT really needs to care of this asap or I'm going with corsair

How foolish I've been.  Solved everything a month ago by reverting to v1.28 as advised by this forum and ignoring update prompts to update to v1.30 every time the PC restarts.  Today, however, I fell for the old 'your software is out of date' prompt and updated to v1.31.  And guess what - that crashed instantly too.  So back to trustworthy v1.28 again.

I have no idea what test machines Thermaltake use to stress test their software, but they aren't Windows 10.  This is crazy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/12/2019 at 9:20 PM, Mr_RustEZZE said:

Thanks for the solution!

I tried another way to track down the problem with v1.3.3. I searched the INI files where the values for the fans are saved. You can find them here:

C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Tt\RGBRiingPlus\RiingPlus

Assuming that you start with a fresh system, you will find the file "Profile1.ini" with standard values and the software will run. If you change these values the software crashes on start. By trial and error I found out that the software seems to have difficults with the entry "lightMode" in the "Fan0"-section ("Fan1" to "Fan4" are not affected, just "Fan0"). It seems that I can change every other value without a software crash except these single one. But of course I have not tested changing all values.

So, if you want to or maybe you are forced to use v1.3.3, a workaround could be that you leave the value for "Fan0" (which is in fact your first fan based on the numbers on the controller) on standard and only change the other fans. For a better illumination of your case you can turn off the light of your first fan.

Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

why TT system pain in the ####.i got the same issue,what i did is unplug those cable and plug it back and when i start pc it say error_h 0x0001,previously it just work fine.i just uninstall it and install it back but still same result

• 2 years later...