Riing Plus RGB - Sync effects and colors across multiple controllers

xxNiradxx

Hello,

I have a 6 Riing Plus RGB plus fans hooked up across 2 controllers (5 + 1).

I understand on the 1st controller I can set the light effect for fan 1 then for the remaining fans 2-5, I can select "copy color" to sync the lighting effect.

My questions is, how do I sync the 2nd controller to the lighting effect of controller 1 without having to manually set it?

Also, is there a way to sync the colors as well?  For example, if I select "Aurora" all the colors are out of sync.

Essentially, I want to sync the "effect" and the "timing of the colors" across all fans and both controllers?

Thanks

As far as I know, the only way to get things to sync on the other controllers is to have all controllers running on profile one. Then go to your first controller, setup what you want, and click save. This should sync the effect and color across controllers. 

Copy color should sync the effect, speed, and color.

For the Aurora effect, are you saying that the color is not properly transitioning between fans, or that they are not all the exact same color at the same time? As the intention of the effect is that the color flows from one device to the next, assuming you have the devices are plugged in in an order that matches how they are positioned in your case. If this still does't help, could you upload a video to show what you're experiencing?

5 minutes ago, kewlmunky said:

As far as I know, the only way to get things to sync on the other controllers is to have all controllers running on profile one. Then go to your first controller, setup what you want, and click save. This should sync the effect and color across controllers. 

Copy color should sync the effect, speed, and color.

For the Aurora effect, are you saying that the color is not properly transitioning between fans, or that they are not all the exact same color at the same time? As the intention of the effect is that the color flows from one device to the next, assuming you have the devices are plugged in in an order that matches how they are positioned in your case. If this still does't help, could you upload a video to show what you're experiencing?

I think I just figured it out.  I had to click save for each controller after selecting profile 1.  I have controller 2 set to "copy" now it seems to be working. Thanks

Hi, 

When ever you make a change to the ports on said controller, it should change automatically for that device. Then, once you click save everything tied to that profile should update. 

You have the option to copy color all but #1 and use #1 as your base. 

Each controller can be the same or different profile as well if you want to say mix and match different profiles for fan speeds or to set colors/animations.

It takes a bit to learn the software, we have some videos on it, but it looks like you got it going forward and hopefully this info helps ^^

• 5 months later...

Hi, I've been trying to do the same thing. I have followed the steps above but on the 2nd controller I can't set it to copy color from the 1st controller. I have to set up a profile on each controller. When I want to change it I select the 1st controller then the profile I want then the 2nd doesn't change with the 1st. 

What am I doing wrong?

Same here, under the same profile each controller has to have the #1 fan be the set pattern,  then you can copy the rest for each additional fan only on that  controller, there is NOT a copy selection for fan #1 ! on either controller to sync the two together? It will NOT let me copy info from one controller to the other using the same profile?? Am I doing something wrong ? 

Oops, so yeah saving just the Profile ! from controller box one does sync the other box., as long as both boxes , BUT  only works under profile #1 ?? So basically you can only sync your fans with one profile?? Now that's sorta stupid ?

I was thinking you had to choose copy from the first box to the second, nope just leave the other controller box alone!, and simply save once you set the first box up, BUT it has to be on profile #1 ONLY  !!! Thanks for the help from poster #1