Thermaltake Pacific RGB Fittings specification

CX gamer

I've in an attempt to have more RGB in my build, I've made a circuit board which takes an addressable RGB signal (WS2811b) and converts it into 8 separate 12V common anode RGB signals which are separately powered in groups of 8. This is different from the TT controllers in that it doesn't copy the same signal to all outputs, but it has discrete outputs per component. I have two of these in my current build, and I would love to add RGB fittings.

So let me get this straight before I make this investment:

• The 6 Pacific RGB fittings use the Lumi Color 256C, connecting them up with two cables per port.
  • This Lumi's ports are 4-pin 12V common anode RGB (also called 5050 LED) signals as shown on the bottom of the page.
  • Is it therefore safe to assume that the RGB fittings will work directly when given a 5050 LED signal?

I couldn't find direct info on its specification, and this deduction may be wrong, so please correct me if my conclusion doesn't hold.

Thank you in advance!

DSC_0173.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Thats a nice little board, I assume there is some flavour of uP on the other side.

Wouldnt mind one of those also.

Anyway to answer your question my probing around revealed that its common 5V not 12V thats used in the RGB fittings so I wouldnt put them directly into a motherboard.

Attached sketch says it all really. Hope this helps.

Detail of RGB controller for 4 wire fittings, non addressable.

154227409029793505551991714162.jpg

Edit:  Didnt know there was Pacific RGB Fittings and Pacific RGB Plus Fittings (4 Wire RGB and 3 Wire addressable respectively) so here's info on the addressable controller for anyone interested. 

Info on the addressable controller used with the fans and Pacific RGB pump res combo.

Edit: Can confirm this is also the controller supplied with the Pacific RGB Plus fittings.

Also 5V and output can address upto 60 LEDs on a strip with patterns arranged in banks of 12 or 6.

Not sure about the plugs on the fittings but they would have to have the same plugs as the riing fans to use the same controller. Maybe another adapter lead.

Edit: Confirmed 3 mini leads are supplied to go from TT controller to long leads that plugs into fittings. Interestingly one fitting cascades to the next fitting so only 3 TT controller ports are needed for all 6 fittings.

Detail of RGB Plus controller for 3 wire fittings addressable (ARGB)

15425087470056224727743381413995.thumb.jpg.1434a2feefac11b9658e13c78a8797f0.jpg

15425093266757697232295829068173.jpg