Question, add & control 6 extra fans with 360 floe

Jason_Tx

Hello all, thank you in advance for your assistance.

Yesterday I purchased a Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic as well as the Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 RGB TT Premium Addition. 

The rad will be side mounted and I would like to add 6 more fans, 3 bottom intake & 3 top exhaust. 

If I purchase 2 of the 3 pack Pure Plus 12 RGB fans, will I have everything needed to power & sync all 9 fans?

Is there a better controller option? (The controller that comes with the 360 kit is rather silly as there are miles of cables coming out of every side. It was not well thought out and 3 of them together will be a pain to cable manage)

Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe

CPU: i7-5820k

You can daisy chain up to 16 of Thermaltake's controllers. So you will be able to control the floe Riing 360 RGB and both sets of the Pure Plus fans via Thermaltake's software. The controllers come with the daisy chain cables. They also come with a USB 2.0 header to two micro USB ends. You can hook two controllers up with one of those and then daisy chain the third one off another controller, or use another USB 2.0 header to micro USB.

I would make sure to connect the Pure Plus fans to the controllers they come with, as they are a newer product than your liquid cooler and may not be properly supported on its controller. 

Another option to control 9 devices would be the TT Sync controller. This hub supports 9 devices. However, its purpose is to allow one to control Thermaltake RGB products with the motherboard's software. This also means you will need to run PWM cables between the controller and motherboard for your fans, versus the single 9 pin cable for the Premium RGB controller. You would not be able to use Thermaltake's software, in this use case.

Let me know if you need any more assistance.