Can I plug 6-pin SATA power male into 8-pin female on PSU?

Youser

Hello, all!

I own a Toughpower TPD-0750M PSU, which continues to work great.  Nice job, Thermaltake!

But now I need to provide additional power connectors for 6 or maybe as many as 8 more new SATA HDDs (I have plenty of available SATA data connectors). But while I have several unused 8-pin female connectors on the PSU itself, all of the 6-port SATA power connectors on the PSU are already in use.  Now, I know that I could use one of those 6-pin power ports by attaching a series of extra SATA power connectors for all the new drives, but my gut says using a single 6-port PSU slot to power perhaps eight 3.5" SATA HDDs isn't particularly wise (but I'm not an electrical engineer, so what the heck do I know?)

What I'm here to ask is whether I could safely insert an additional 6-pin male SATA power connector to one of the available 8-pin female connectors on the PSU?  And if so, which side of the 8-port connector should I insert it into? The left six as you face the PSU connectors, or the right six?

Even if I had the 8-port connector's wiring diagram, I'm realize that I'm not capable of determining the answer to this question.  That's why I'm turning to you folks.

What do you think?  Thanks!