Sync Controller will not plug into ASUS Prime x470-Pro

roark1138

I have a ASUS Prime x470-Pro + three Riing Plus fans + Riing Floe 360 (including its three Riing fans) + the Sync Controller.

All 6 Riing fans and the RGB pump are plugged into the Sync Controller. The Sync Controller is connected to the SATA power cable.

When making the final connection from the Sync to the motherboard, the instructions state to plug the "Asus mainboard bridge cable" into an "Aura addressable header". Page two here: https://www.thermaltake.com/db/support/usermanual/_629b2a2235b141269b2e42f00fa8f2c7.pdf

The drawing indicates ASUS RGB headers are three pins (technically in a 4-pin layout, but the third pin is solid/filled), but the RGB headers on this motherboard are 4-pin. This board has Aura and the ASUS book indicates the RGB headers are addressable.

Please advise. Thanks!

That is correct the riing system runs of 5v. I will do some testing but I believe you can mod this pull the 5v and ground from your psu and just pull data from the rgb header. I will test it this soon and let you know. I would not attempt this unless you know what you are doing. If it works I will post pics on how to do it.

I found out nothing, other than the knowledge that I am likely not buying TT products in the future. I received no responses to queries and no resolutions by spending lots of time googling. 

I've fallen back to using separate controllers for the 3 Riing pack and the Floe pack, then using both ASUS Aura and the TT RGB app to control the lighting. 

I've already packaged the sync controller back up and returned it. I plan on writing an Amazon review of the experience for both the controller and the motherboard --- both of whom claim support for the other product, which does not appear to be accurate (at least as far as "blanket" support).

Claims of compatible products for RGB config definitely influenced the brands I invested in when building my new setup. Very disappointing.

The three pin header is for smart LEDs only which use 5V while the four pin headers are analog signals of RGB and use 12V. The Sync Controller only works with the smart LED header, but I read that on some mainboards you can actually switch the header from analog to smart. I don't know if it's possible on your mainboard, you might wanna read the manual for that or ask around. Maybe it's a BIOS option or some option in the controller software of the Asus mainboard.

Or you consider using the ASUS AURA Terminal.