TT RGB Plus causes System to freeze

Snakebite

Hello,

since updating to 1.2.5 yesterday, my PC freezes about 2 minutes after boot.

Upon uninstalling the software I encountered no more freezes.

I've tried reinstalling 1.2.4 but without success. It still freezes my PC.

What I've also noticed: My PC will not turn off after I hit shutdown. My screens go black, but the fans are still running. I have to kill it by holding the power button.

Has anyone got any ideas what is causing this?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

yup having the same problem. after update all of a sudden i cant even boot, have to get into safe mod and uninstall.

i have found that occasionally i have been able to re install (tried many versions) 1.2.51 and it worked until i shot down my pc then back to the same freezing on start up.

i tried to go in to %appdata% and turn TT off from start up but still freezes.  have uninstalled and re installed all the windows c++ drivers. which after i install TTRGB and have to uninstall i notice it corrupts my 2017 c++ and have to re instal.

I have not added any new software, been running it with success for 3 months then one day after coming out of sleep i have had this issue...

Gaming rig is about 8 months old, run MSI and Rivia Tuner on start up and Rocket Docket, other then that just a few normal Windows 10 programs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2018 at 8:13 AM, Snakebite said:

Hello,

since updating to 1.2.5 yesterday, my PC freezes about 2 minutes after boot.

Upon deinstalling the software I encountered no more freezes.

I've tried reinstalling 1.2.4 but without success. It still freezes my PC.

What I've also noticed: My PC will not turn off after I hit shutdown. My screens go black, but the fans are still running. I have to kill it by holding the power button.

Has anyone got any ideas what is causing this?

Thanks in advance!

I'm having the same problem, i installed the software and ran few sec cause my computer to freezes , its the new version software problem or is there something i have to do to fix this problem??? Anyone help please ..

17 hours ago, pckn said:

I'm having the same problem, i installed the software and ran few sec cause my computer to freezes , its the new version software problem or is there something i have to do to fix this problem??? Anyone help please ..

Look at my comment above. It won't fix the problem but at least you can control your fans again.

Just got my new "premium" fans today, $150 including tax. Installed them and downloaded the software, constantly freezing my new PC. And I see this issue has been going on for people all month.

Hey Thermaltake, how about you fix your crap software that you have to use with your "premium" product? How about you at least acknowledge this issue?

10 hours ago, Ashitaka1110 said:

Just got my new "premium" fans today, $150 including tax. Installed them and downloaded the software, constantly freezing my new PC. And I see this issue has been going on for people all month.

Hey Thermaltake, how about you fix your crap software that you have to use with your "premium" product? How about you at least acknowledge this issue?

Yep but in the meantime try this alternate controll software: 

• 4 months later...