View 71 RGB fans not working with TT RGB Plus

rescue_penguin

Hey folks, Bought the View 71 case through Microcenter this weekend. Set everything up and it's all working pretty well, except the fans aren't working with the TT RGB Plus software. The case came with a little controller that we set up.The fans run and are in RGB, but it seems to only have a small set of modes. The website says that the case is supposed to work with the TT RGB Plus program to further customize the fans, but the program keeps saying "Controller can't be found".

I have read somewhere that this is a lie? Is this true? The fans that come with the case do not actually work with the software?

33 minutes ago, rescue_penguin said:

Hey folks, Bought the View 71 case through Microcenter this weekend. Set everything up and it's all working pretty well, except the fans aren't working with the TT RGB Plus software. The case came with a little controller that we set up.The fans run and are in RGB, but it seems to only have a small set of modes. The website says that the case is supposed to work with the TT RGB Plus program to further customize the fans, but the program keeps saying "Controller can't be found".

I have read somewhere that this is a lie? Is this true? The fans that come with the case do not actually work with the software?

Hi,

first, just want to make sure that the view 71 you bought is View 71 RGB plus (kindly check the URL:https://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00003343)

there are several versions of View 71 and the only one that supports RGB plus software is View 71 RGB Plus

If you do have the View 71 RGB Plus case, then the case fans can sync with the RGB Plus software for sure. make sure you have connected all the cables to the controller correctly. 

image.png.17a51d0c368ec439fe18f0d5cc08afa0.png

and for the message "Controller can't be found", it might be caused that the cable which connects to the M/B does not connect properly.

try to reconnect it and make sure it plugged in properly.

49D21BAE-CE8E-4D06-B1FE-2F8533C87C57.thumb.jpg.5e38fff58eb466209cea5ccf83e7686e.jpg

4 hours ago, rescue_penguin said:

The View 71 comes with first generation analog control box and fans only. The analog control box is used to sync with either the rgb from a 5v header or 12v header. It can't be used with the plus software or sync controller. I made the same mistake.

Edit: I wish the naming scheme was bit better because the "View 71 rgb" vs the "View 71 rgb plus" is too similar a name and can confuse people. I definitely was confused when I bought mine. Had I known, I would have gotten the plus version. I was confused about the plus version until just a few min ago; at first I thought all of them were plus versions; then purchased and then assumed since I got the gen 1 version, they all shipped out gen 1.