Challenger Prime Macro keys don't work with other keypresses

Aureal

After struggling to find the software needed in order to assign useful function to the macro keys, I finally got this thing set up to be an effective gaming keyboard. Or so I thought. It didn't take very long into my gaming session to realize that there was a huge issue. All I did was assign shortcuts for the T1-T6 keys to match the F1-F6 keys, as it's much easier to sneak a pinky over to hit those keys than it is to move all the way up to the F row to use the skills which default to those buttons. This is what I wanted this keyboard for- being able to use those buttons during gameplay. However, they do not function when pressed while holding any of the WASD buttons used for movement. For instance, I cannot hold W to run forward and press T5 to activate the F5 skill. It simply does not work. I have to release W and come to a stop and only then will the T5/F5 activate.

I tried creating a macro which consisted entirely of pressing F6 and assigned it to the T6 key. It was the same result- it would only activate while I didn't have other buttons pressed. I tried setting the T6 key to shortcut to the * key and changing the keybind in-game to match, just in case there was some nearby ghosting or something. Same thing, only works while not holding other buttons. This is absurd. The keyboard that I wanted to replace with this one had bindable side-keys just like this and it certainly did not do this.

Is my keyboard just defective, or is this how it's expected to work? I can hardly believe the latter, as I've spent an hour or more searching the web and this forum for other people reporting this issue, but see nothing of the sort. This is a gaming keyboard, surely needing to press these keys simultaneously with other keys is to be expected! 

• 1 month later...