Riing Plus 14 software just stopped working..

Bo55

Hi there, new to the forum, i purchased a 5x pack of the Riing plus 14 fans a few months ago and had no issues with installation or getting them to work until today. The last few days everytime i started up my pc, a pop up update was requested by the TT rgb software, but the update was completely displayed in chinese so i didnt want to go ahead with the update so i kept cancelling the update the last few days but today for some reason, the software simply just wont start up. Its supposed to start automatically upon logging in, nothing. I tried opening the program from the desktop and the little icon pops up in the system tray, but the second you put your mouse cursor over it, the icon disappears. so i have no control at all, all my fans are at 500ish rpm, i cant run any games or anything that uses heavy load as two out of the five fans are connected to my AIO rad and dont ramp up at all ! is there anything i can do to fix this or am i just gonna have to call it dead? Any help much appreciated.

cheers.

6 hours ago, ZOOTS said:

You might want to try this.

Uninstall the software.

Delete the Tt folder located here: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming

Reinstall the software and see if that works out for you.

Thanks for the reply, i actually tried this yesterday as i was reading a few of the posts on here suggesting to try that out, i couldn't seem to find the Roaming folder as there was none in AppData for me even with hidden folders shown. Anyway came on this afternoon saw that you mentioned the same thing, i actually checked again and sure enough the folder magically just appeared which was strange, i deleted the TT folder, reinstalled the software and it worked! if you didnt reply i wouldnt have thought to check again. Hoping this is a permanent fix, not too eager on deleting folders and reinstalling software everytime i turn my pc on so fingers crossed! Many thanks.

18 hours ago, Bo55 said:

Thanks for the reply, i actually tried this yesterday as i was reading a few of the posts on here suggesting to try that out, i couldn't seem to find the Roaming folder as there was none in AppData for me even with hidden folders shown. Anyway came on this afternoon saw that you mentioned the same thing, i actually checked again and sure enough the folder magically just appeared which was strange, i deleted the TT folder, reinstalled the software and it worked! if you didnt reply i wouldnt have thought to check again. Hoping this is a permanent fix, not too eager on deleting folders and reinstalling software everytime i turn my pc on so fingers crossed! Many thanks.

Glad it worked out for you :)