RGB Header Woes - Riing Trio Fans

RobL

What if any options are there for using Riing Trio fans with a 12v RGB header? I thought I had a fairly modern motherboard (z390-a prime) but it only has two 12v RGB headers and no addressable header. I would like to sync the fans with the motherboard through Aura rather than over USB as they are now. I'm hoping I'm not out of luck, but I'm thinking that's the case.

Thanks!

Thermaltake sells two controllers that allow motherboard software synchronization: a 3 port one with physical buttons and a 9 port one. I forget what they call the one with physical buttons, but the 9 port one is the TT Sync controller. You connect your Thermaltake fans into it, and then connect the controller to a 5V RGB header. You will not be able to use thermaltake's software for the fan lights nor speed. So if you wish to have some fan speed control you will need to run PWM cables between the controller and your motherboard.

• 2 weeks later...