Sign in to follow this  
itnithand

What is the current 'recommended' cpu cooler?

Hi all,

Recently my Corsair H80i has been doing my head in. I'm not sure if it's just the new software that's caused it, but my temps have been a bit high for my liking and the whining noise of the fans even on quiet is just frustrating.

What is the current cooler that provides the best price/performance ratio? I'm pretty hesitant to go towards all in one liquid coolers after this experience, and I'm not really overclocking so I'm thinking a good old heat sink/fan is best for me. ovo.fyi/1337x ovo.fyi/kissasian ovo.fyi/mangastream

For reference I have an i7 4770k which I believe is an 1150 socket. I have a big corsair case so size probably isn't an issue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

HeatKiller CPU blocks are still rank#1 (not much for bling, but best for cooling) but you will have to build a complete loop, CPU block, res., pump or (combo pump and res) tubing (soft or hard) is up to you.