The Plague Doctor

MPC Project

lH7bLIV.jpg

The project "The Plague Doctor" was born after the vision of the Lazzaretto in Venice that was a structure used in the seventeenth century to accommodate the patients who had infected the plague that was spreading in Italy at that time and the famous novel by Alessandro Manzoni, "I promessi sposi ". Characteristic are the garments used by the doctors of that period: a mask in the shape of a beak as a respirator to keep away the bad smells considered, at the time, the trigger for epidemics; water repellent dress in waxed canvas with gloves, shoes and wide-brimmed hat.

The project requires the use of two cabinets, Level 20 GT and Core P90. The idea is to cover the exterior of the cabinets to give a shape that gives the idea of a historic hospital building using different materials such as brick, tiles and windows. This solution appeared to me after seeing the exterior of the hospital, now in disuse, of Poveglia, still in Venice. The interior, on the other hand, will be decorated with scale objects by doctors of the plague and much more so as to reflect the rooms of a hospital of the time. The P90 cabinet is perfect to be adapted as "waterstation" and also from the roof of this building, in fact it will be positioned above the Level 20 GT in a horizontal way.

Some images of a small part of the objects that will be used in the project. Specifically they are: historical surgical kit, historical syringes and finally very old pharmacy bottles.

PGKV7ju.jpg

dYEFa2S.jpg

N7gcDar.jpg

SmdETnE.jpg

GJFUcf0.jpg

9O3zFv5.jpg

BJXZcYO.jpg

Sponsor by :

iMzeFf1.jpg

ONbmLfl.png

fk6OEH0.jpg

3xbaB6m.jpg

QqEDco3.png

Stay tuned...

The exterior of the project will represent a historic building and will reflect the architectural line of the time so it will be used of suitable material such as brick, tiles and windows both for the side facades and for the roof. The interior, instead, will be decorated with material in 1:12 scale and will be: bookcase, staircase, double door, carpet, small bottle and test tubes. The material used does not end here because there will also be: hospital beds, desk with chair, books, candles, oil lamps, medical notebook and geographical map.

To complete the work, plague doctors will obviously be there to take care of their patients. They are extremely detailed as a representation and made of resin.

R4aqrya.jpg

nQ0WcJ4.jpg

0lsYO6Z.jpg

ERizJ1t.jpg

pn0f05g.jpg

CGjmgMZ.jpg

YJ76Xml.jpg

Je981en.jpg

NTnY5SB.jpg

WbOnAyy.jpg

lk8UV6f.jpg

lawW0QK.jpg

L6wTJm6.jpg

PKuXyjx.jpg

LtFHhj6.jpg

UxpKXku.jpg

OJC5lei.jpg

gYKcs9r.jpg

qXaWbrg.jpg

zGI8oeY.jpg

G24USyw.jpg

fZCtJSB.jpg

1ZUMEhI.jpg

pxeMwEQ.jpg

iaEgz4U.jpg

6 hours ago, godevskii said:

Really nice pictures, you are going through an insane amount of work to build this themed mod and that's impressive.

I am proud that the enormous work behind this project is appreciated.
Everything has been designed in particular because in my opinion with the details it makes a lot of difference and you reach an excellent quality.
Thank you so much for the pictures. I must say that on this point I have improved a lot!