Questions about Riing Trio

chilliking

1.  If I want to sync with Asus Aura, do I still need to plug in the controller cable to the USB 2.0 header?  Or do I just plug in to a 5v addressable RGB header?

2.  The controller cable splits into 2 micro usb. What is the difference between plugging both those ends into 2 controllers, as opposed to plugging just 1 in and using the bridge cable?

3.  When using the bridge cable, do both controllers still need molex power?

1. If you wish to use Asus Aura, you will need to purchase the TT Sync controller, which is a 9 port controller sold separately. This controller plugs in to a 5V addressable RGB header on the motherboard. I know ThermalMike mentioned the limitation of motherboard software with the number of addressable LEDs. I believe it's in the 200s, and if you had 9 Riing Trios hooked up you would be at 270 addressable LEDs.

2. There should not be a difference between using the Y splitter vs. the bridge cable. Both should provide the same functionality.

3. Whether you use the Y splitter or the bridge cable, each controller needs its own molex power.

Hey Chilliking,

Great questions! Let's see if we can help here:

1. The Trios are not compatible with MB Sync out of the box. The Trios come with a 5 port digital controller designed for TT RGB Plus only. If you want to use the Trios with MB Sync, you would need a motherboard with a 5v addressable header and our TT Sync controller. You can find the TT Sync controller here:

https://www.thermaltakeusa.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00003143 

2. All of our digital controllers come with a "Y" USB Splitter cable, as USB 2.0 allows the use of 2 cables rather than a single cable. The bridging cable will allow direct connection to 2 controllers as needed. Use the single cable if you only have 1 controller, or the bridging cable if you have 2 controllers.

3. Each controller will require power. This is used to power fans, LED strips, and other RGB PLUS devices. The controller will need power, even if you are plugging in one fan or device. 

And to answer your question on the Maximus Formula XI, each header would support a max of 120 LEDs. This means that for 6 Trio fans, you would need 2 5v headers and 2 TT Sync controllers. We will be testing this in-house for confirmation, allow us a few days to get our test bench set up and have the fans tested.

Thanks!