Questions Regarding Riing Plus and Asus Motherboard

CmdrLys

Hey there- I had a couple of questions regarding setting up multiple Riing Plus fans with an Asus motherboard. What I'm trying to connect is (6) Riing Plus 12 fans, (1) Riing Plus 14 fan, (1) TT Sync Controller, and an Asus Rog Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi motherboard.

What I'm finding is that, with everything connected properly (SATA power connected, PWM connected to the Asus "Hi_Amp" header, RGB connected to Asus addressable header), all of the fans are spinning just fine, but only four are lighting up completely. Of the remaining three, two are only lighting up partially, and the third is not lighting up at all. While my first instinct is to question the controller (since the lighting/not-lighting of the fans seems tied to specific ports), I'm also wondering about the limitations of the Asus motherboard. I read somewhere that Asus boards are limited in the number of LEDs they support, but I couldn't really find definitive documentation on the Asus website.

If anyone is familiar with this, I would appreciate any comments or suggestions you may have. Thanks in advance!

According to this, one can control up to 120 addressable LEDs with a 5V header:

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1036380/

With 7 Riing Plus fans, you are at only 84 LEDs. So you are within their limits. I would suggest you use something to mark the fans currently behaving incorrectly (such as putting masking tape on the cable near the connector) and try swapping around fans on the ports to see if the behavior follows the fans or if it stays at the ports.

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2019 at 2:09 PM, CmdrLys said:

Awesome- thank you for the response. Let the troubleshooting begin!

@CmdrLys did you figure it out? I just asked a similar questionnon another thread...

I have the View 71 TG RGB (comes with 3 RGB fans) and I wanted to get 3 to 5 more along with the TT Sync and connect it to my Asus Crosshair Hero VII...