The Tt DPS G App program affects the performance of hard drives.

skylinemmm

Hi JeffWu I specifically launched a hard drive check so that you can see how the dps app affects their work. This happens all the time while the dps app is running. It seems to me that this may be due to the built-in monitoring of the status of hard drives in the dps app. You can release a version without the function of monitoring hard disks or make disabling this function in the application settings.

• 3 months later...

I noticed a similar phenomenon on my PC, that's why I don't really use the app anymore. I just use it to change the RGB settings of the PSU, then I close it in order to prevent the constant hard disk access. I don't know any other PC hardware app (like from Zotac, Corsair or Gigabyte...) that does that, and it is annoying.

Are there any news regarding this issue? Is this going to get fixed in a new version of the app? There have been several updates to the app in the last few months, but none have addressed the issue so far...

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

TT sent me a version of the app this morning to try, but it does the same thing.  DPS G App 3.2.05.  I'm not sure what they changed, but all of a sudden, all of my Firefox tabs kept crashing.  I tried refreshing Firefox, but that didn't help.  I then uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox, and that didn't help either.  Since the only program I installed today was the DPS App, I uninstalled it, and my Firefox stopped crashing.  Talk about falling out of the frying pan and into the fire!

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Running latest Win 10 here and the latest Thermaltake DPS POWER.exe. The issue with excessive Disk I/O and excessive non-stop disk wear is related to HWiNFO64.dll component of the program that is constantly retrieving some Disk details. I ran Windows Performance Recorder and Windows Performance Analyzer, and it appears that the app contributes about 1% of non-stop constant Disk I/O, enumerating all disks, essentially waking-up those disks unnecessarily. One workaround is to delete the HWiNFO64.dll (or HWiNFO32.dll on a 32-bit system). Then restart the app. It's gonna complain about the missing .DLL at first, but then it runs fine after that. Obviously some functionality of the app is no longer available, but the constant disk use and disk clicking is gone. Please, please fix this - get rid of non-stop Disk I/O by doing periodic polling. It'd be much more efficient if the app does this polling once a minute, not every 100ms.

• 4 months later...