Question about Type C / USB 3.1 cables (Level 20 RGB)

crimsonhead

Good Evening All,

I have just finished finalizing my Level 20 RGB build with Riing FLOE 360 installed and it looks mighty fine. 

I had a quick question on some cabling woes that I could not find any answers to (and have done extensive searching on) - where / what do I plug USB 3.1 cable into (coming out of the chassis from the type-c port)? Is the expectation that my motherboard have at a minimum, 2 USB 3.0/3.1 headers on the motherboard? I am currently using an Asus Z390-A board which only has 1 USB 3.0 header - however, it DOES have a Type-C header as well. Weirdly, the Level 20 RGB case has a type-c port but it appears the cable is 3.1 and not the type-c male end which would go into the type-c header on my motherboard. 

What do most folks do in this situation? I was thinking that I may need to procure a PCI-E card which has an additional USB 3.1 header on it and simply using that to drive the power to my Type-C port as I do not know of any other way. I have seen some people do some jerry rigging to extract the current seated port within the Level 20 RGB case and replace it with an adapter with a male end that corresponds to the type-c port. 

What is best? Is it just bad luck I happened to choose a mobo with only one USB 3.0 header? 

Thanks!!

I have the pacific pr-22 d5 pump rgb plus x 2 and they require a 2.0 header per pump as best as I can tell from the volumes of instruction (I jest of course). I'm going to go with one of these www.amazon.com/NZXT-Internal-Controller-Black-AC-IUSBH-M1/dp/B01IFGFTJ2 so I can do the pumps and still use the header for the front panel.

I have an MSI Z390 Godlike mobo and it is amazingly short of USB headers as well. One would think for over 5 bills one would have more than they can possibly use. I think the type c port on the box (if it's a plus) is for linking two boxes per the instructions