Water 3.0 Riing RGB 360 AIO - 2 years on

sono

Hello.

So I bought this AIO cooler for my new I7700K PC 24th Feb 2017 and the performance has been good.

However I am noticing that my cpu temps 2 years down are a lot warmer than when I built it, now it is regularly over 80centigrade so I now need to deal with it to rectify.

I used the thermal paste included with the product that was pre-applied by Thermaltake.

I am about to take my system apart to replace this thermal paste I have Tuniq TX-4 paste. I will need to clean off the Thermaltake paste off the cooler and cpu.

I have a Z270 Gigabyte motherboard. Before I take expensive ystem apart is there anything else about the cooler I should pay attention to. Does the water in there need changing every so often?

Have others seen a deterioration like this

Thank you

It is fairly simple to unmount the cooler head (4 screws) then remove/clean the old paste from both sides and apply a small blob new paste on the CPU - mount the cooler and that's it.. should not take any more than 30 minutes. No need to remove the CPU from its socket!

Check the case fans and airways/filters too and remove dust mats if needed.

Thank you View71.

I have been studying the process of application of the TuniqTX-4 and intend to follow the process in this video:

It is apparently very thick paste and the blob method has been known to bend things as the cooler screws are  tightened according to the author of that video.

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, sono said:

.... around to doing this yesterday. Under CPU-Z stress test, i7700k overclocked to 5GHz runs stable to just under 75C now.. see CPU-Z and HWMonitor screenshot taken together.....

Your Temp LOoks like a bit on the high side and 5GHz? Your reference score suggests you are close to 4.2 speed/performance

This is my score below and CPU temperature ~60C is more reasonable than yours. Usually people with such high temps forgot to remove the very thin foil from the copper head/surface.

Bm12.thumb.jpg.69a880404f47e3ed6bc36add7baa2e6f.jpg

9 hours ago, sono said:

you are not even comparing the same processor big shot.

I was just showing what the AIO 360 can do on a much more powerful CPU - not sure why your weak CPU is such hotshot

This is the only CPU I have hence NO comparison