Sign in to follow this  
keshaelizabeth

What is a VPN and Why you need One for yourself?

Worried about your ISP snooping on you? Is someone on your coffee shop? Wi-Fi looking your network shoulder? Or, is Joe A Hacker bugging your internet? A virtual private network (VPN) can help protect your privacy.

What is VPN? A VPN, or virtual private network, is a secure tunnel between your device and the internet. VPNs are used to protect your online traffic from snooping, interference, and censorship.

A VPN uses encryption technologies, such as IP security (IPSec), Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) / IPSec, and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), and Transport Layer Security (TLS), to create a virtual encrypted "tunnel" between your device and a VPN server. While you are working on VPN server, you can see what you're doing. To secure your internet connection now, Go Buy VPN and stay protected online.

Why use a VPN?
To prevent the IP-addresses from being visible to the rest of the Internet, millions of people have signed up to the VPN service. Using an Anonymous VPN allows users to use the Internet anonymously and prevent snooping. Unfortunately, not all VPN services are as anonymous as they claim.

Is VPN Secure?
A secure VPN doesn't keep activity logs, which is a good sign that it will protect your privacy. Also, the trusted VPN companies openly states that they allow P2P downloads on their network which means there is no chance of IP leak.

VPN is a privacy tool and it is important to use to protect the online identity.

I've used multiple VPN services - but opted to NordVPN for the pricing. Though Expressvpn is a bit better in terms of performance but costly one.
Depends what you prefer. In terms of security - they will both be almost the same.
I do find some servers on Nord a little inconsistent at times but it's very few and far between.
The other bonus is NordVPN have been jamming it with new features often - and now I have an incredibly intuitive, feature rich and efficient VPN. Ultimately though - NordVPN is by FAR better value IMHO. That and their support is great.

Whilst I don't think there will be significant difference between the 2 - Nord beats on price hands down in the UK - and I'm a very happy long serving NordVPN user. Norvpn is launched recently massive vpn deal on black friday. Do check it out