Error code H_0x0001 Riing Plus RGB controller

ginlucks

Hello,

When I start TT RGB Plus software I am getting error H_0x0001 could not find fan controller and I dont know why.  It seems that everything is connected. The controller has a blue light turned on and I am able to control the fan speed and lights using the buttons on it.  I have also tried another PWM connector on my MB in order to test if it was broken but nothing changed 

I am using a Riing Plus 20 and a Riing Plus RGB controller (https://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00003246). The Mobo is a Gigabyte B360M aorus gaming 3, the CPU a I5 8400

Is the controller defective or what?

This controller you posted does not connect to usb ports so it cant be controlled by software. You can only connect it the the motherboards rgb header to sync lighting with other compatible devices. And if it has a fan header cable that you connect to the motherboard then you should be able to configure the speed from the bios.

It pretty much says all this on the page.

10 hours ago, Teszty66 said:

This controller you posted does not connect to usb ports so it cant be controlled by software. You can only connect it the the motherboards rgb header to sync lighting with other compatible devices. And if it has a fan header cable that you connect to the motherboard then you should be able to configure the speed from the bios.

It pretty much says all this on the page.

Thanks for answer.

On Amazon Italy they sell the fan together with this controller (I mean they suggest to buy this controller) and in the description there is written "control the fan with our software" ... 

Also looking for "riing plus digital controller" the controller I bought appear as the first result. 

Anyway, could you tell me which controller I can use  to manage the fan through the software? 

I dont think you can buy that controller separately, it is always included with the Riing fans.

You should have bought this package:

https://www.thermaltake.com/Case_Fan/Case_Fan_/Riing/C_00003219/Riing_Plus_20_RGB_Case_Fan_TT_Premium_Edition_Single_Fan_Pack_with_Controller_/design.htm

But I guess you got it without the controller:

https://www.thermaltake.com/Case_Fan/Case_Fan_/Riing/C_00003229/Riing_Plus_20_RGB_Case_Fan_TT_Premium_Edition_Single_Fan_Pack_w_o_Controller_/design.htm

So dont know how you should get one now, probably write to thermaltake if you can buy one separately, maybe there is one ebay, or you could just buy some more fans that come with the controller.

• 6 months later...

Hello,

I have the same issue. A solution I have found is to unplug the power cable that's directly connected to the motherboard. I unplug it from the controller while the computer is still on (which yes, I know it can cause them to short circut, but nothing else works for me and it's been fine so far). 

For me, the reason it gives me the error code is if I've disconnected the power (either from the psu or wall socket) or if I haven't turned it on for a while. 

Hopefully this helps, seems to me that it's a compatibility problem with Windows 10.