TT DPS G APP for PC removed RGB setting after 3.1.7 update

The software automatically updated to 3.1.7 then the RGB setting has gone. My THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER DPS G RGB 850W has no RGB now because you can't set the RGB on the PSU itself. It's controlled digitally thru software. Has anyone also encounter this issue? Please Help. Thanks

2.jpg

This is the crap that state attorney general's love to sue big tech companies over for. The product does not meet or exceed consumer expectations or has advertised. I've seen it before with tech companies like Gateway and Monster Cable. Thermaltake has proven to fail on delivering a solid product. I wouldn't be surprised in the future if you get a court claim for a partial refund notification in your email. Once complaints boil over it will happen that I can assure you all. Once it happens the court system will get the entire list of customers whom purchased this PSU from an authorized retailer. The court system will send you a notification via electronic email or mailer. You will respond with proof of purchase and the rest is history. Try calling Thermaltake support it's a complete joke. You will get sent to voice mail. I've never seen anything like this company. When companies pull this crap. It just makes other companies like EVGA and Corsair look better. That's because they are better and so are there products and support. Go look on their forums and see how invested the forum community members are. This forum's active member community is nearly a ghost town compared to that of EVGA and Corsair. Who's to blame for that THERMALTAKE!

On 5/25/2019 at 9:08 AM, Jumaru84 said:

After 3.1.7 my pc stopped recognizing the psu's usb.

I haven't encounter that kind of problem. Try to shutdown pc then replug the usb while pc is off. If it's still not detected. Try to replug when pc is on

12 hours ago, StealUrKill_PhD said:

Has anyone found a fix to this even starting up? This is total BS.

Capture.PNG

I haven't encounter that kind of problem. Try to shutdown pc then replug the usb while pc is off. If it's still not detected. Try to replug when pc is on

2 hours ago, Digital_Fuzion said:

This is the crap that state attorney general's love to sue big tech companies over for. The product does not meet or exceed consumer expectations or has advertised. I've seen it before with tech companies like Gateway and Monster Cable. Thermaltake has proven to fail on delivering a solid product. I wouldn't be surprised in the future if you get a court claim for a partial refund notification in your email. Once complaints boil over it will happen that I can assure you all. Once it happens the court system will get the entire list of customers whom purchased this PSU from an authorized retailer. The court system will send you a notification via electronic email or mailer. You will respond with proof of purchase and the rest is history. Try calling Thermaltake support it's a complete joke. You will get sent to voice mail. I've never seen anything like this company. When companies pull this crap. It just makes other companies like EVGA and Corsair look better. That's because they are better and so are there products and support. Go look on their forums and see how invested the forum community members are. This forum's active member community is nearly a ghost town compared to that of EVGA and Corsair. Who's to blame for that THERMALTAKE!

You got a point there mate. That was true

I don't own other Thermaltake hardware other then this Thermaltake PSU. TT RGB PLUS software isn't needed unless your using other branded Thermaltake hardware like RGB fans etc. I only use the TT DPSG App with the TT PSU.  Thermaltake should only need one universal software application for the entire TT single piece hardware or multi Thermaltake hardware setup.  Corsair got very smart knowing this with their  iCUE software. iCUE scales single and all Corsair hardware including RGB, Fan controllers etc. They killed off their Corsair Link software and replaced it with Corsair iCUE.  Thermaltake's DPSG software has always been open BETA from the start. It's still BETA with no improvements over the prior release. Let's hope for the best firmware and software update to rid the problems and enjoy innovation with this power supply. 

1 hour ago, Digital_Fuzion said:

I don't own other Thermaltake hardware other then this Thermaltake PSU. TT RGB PLUS software isn't needed unless your using other branded Thermaltake hardware like RGB fans etc. I only use the TT DPSG App with the TT PSU.  Thermaltake should only need one universal software application for the entire TT single piece hardware or multi Thermaltake hardware setup.  Corsair got very smart knowing this with their  iCUE software. iCUE scales single and all Corsair hardware including RGB, Fan controllers etc. They killed off their Corsair Link software and replaced it with Corsair iCUE.  Thermaltake's DPSG software has always been open BETA from the start. It's still BETA with no improvements over the prior release. Let's hope for the best firmware and software update to rid the problems and enjoy innovation with this power supply. 

You're right. They have different app for different hardware. They try to update from 3.1.6 to 3.1.7 but the result for me was rgb setting has gone. Instead of improvement of the software, the software got even worst.

Same here on 3.1.7, I have the RGB toughpower 1500w and the RGB tab is now gone and the fan is dark. Also on another note, I cannot login to the app. I enter email and password and 'login', but nothing happens. The software does detect the power supply, and the software is giving me data in real time, so I know its communicating. Please fix ASAP. 

On 5/30/2019 at 5:26 PM, Digital_Fuzion said:

Hi Digital_Fuzion

Could you please provide your CPU name to verify?

Thank you!

By the way, thank you for your suggestion.

In fact, we have a project combine all of our application together in future.

On 6/1/2019 at 10:21 PM, albukerke-petr said:

I am from Russia. Same problem. After the update, the "RGB" section disappeared. The backlight does not work! Unable to set passive mode!

Hi albukerke-petr

Thank you!

11 hours ago, KronosMarauder said:

Same here on 3.1.7, I have the RGB toughpower 1500w and the RGB tab is now gone and the fan is dark. Also on another note, I cannot login to the app. I enter email and password and 'login', but nothing happens. The software does detect the power supply, and the software is giving me data in real time, so I know its communicating. Please fix ASAP. 

Hi KronosMarauder

Thank you!

17 hours ago, JeffWu said:

Hi Digital_Fuzion

Thank you!

By the way, thank you for your suggestion.

In fact, we have a project combine all of our application together in future.

My CPU is an Intel Core i9 9900X Extreme Edition. Stock clock speed 3.50 GHz 10-Core CPU.