Water 3.0 Extreme - Fan Control Software shows USB Connection Lost

Avedis53

The Fan Control Software worked before but I am now getting a "USB Connection Lost" warning down by the side tab where the pull-out menu for the software is.  In addition, when I double-click the Fan Control Software icon, it does not open up the window for the software.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Fan Control Software but it still doesn't open properly and I'm still getting the "USB Connection Lost" message. 

FYI, I can still open the pull-out menu that is located down in the lower right-hand corner of the monitor and change the fan speeds.

Any thoughts as to what I should do next?

The problem is the fan control software will not let me uninstall it.  I've tried the windows uninstall in the control panel and the uninstaller on the fan control software disc.  Neither will work.  The InstallShield Wizard tells me that it was interrupted before the uninstall could be completed in both cases.

FYI, I do have a ASUS Rampage V Extreme motherboard with the AI Suite 3 control software that includes their FanXpert 3 fan control software.  That software seems to be controlling the Water 3.0 Extreme.

I downloaded Revo Uninstaller and was able to uninstall the Fan Control Software.  However, when I reinstall the Fan Control Software and run it, the software tells me that it can not connect to the device.  I checked the cooler's USB cable and it is firmly seated in the motherboard USB socket.  Could my ASUS Rampage V Extreme's Fan Xpert 3 software be interfering with the Thermaltake Fan Control Software somehow?

The Fan Xpert 3 software has adjustable fan profiles like the Fan Control software so that isn't a big issue to me.  However, it doesn't show the pump speed or the water temperature like the Fan Control software does.  I guess I could uninstall the Fan Xpert 3 software and see if the Fan Control software will then be able to connect to the Water 3.0 Extreme.