PC will not power on with TT Pure Plus 12 Plugged in

Gingervitis

Hello All,

I recently purchased a bunch upgrades to my computer including adding a 3 pack of Thermaltake Pure Plus 12 RGB fans with the controller.  I installed all of my upgrades, plugged it in, and the computer would not boot. I know the MB has power because there's a strip of RGB leds along one side that light up and the power LED lights up as well. But the power button does nothing, the power button on the MB also does nothing. After some troubleshooting i figured out that if i unplug the power to the Thermaltake controller, the PC will start up just fine. I assumed there was a short somewhere, but i can not find it. I dont think its a wattage issue, i have 1000W and pcpartpicker says my system only needs 460W. Is there anything else i could be missing before i tear it apart for the 3rd time?

Full system specs:

Intel Core i5-9600K (New)

CM Hyper 212 Cooler (New)

Asus Prime Z370-A II Mother Board (New)

32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200 (new)

2 Samsung Evo 500 GB SSDs (Old)

MSI Radeon RX590 (New)

EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1000W 80+ (Old)

Corsair 400C Case (New)

• 3 months later...

I have literally the EXACT same issue. Did you ever find a solution? I have the 3 fans plugged into the controller, I have the cable running from the controller to the motherboard using the USB and when I plug in the power cable from the controller to the molex, the whole computer flashes on then immediately turns off. I mean it's a split second. Unplugging the molex cable to the PSU, the computer runs and boots just fine, but the power just kills the whole system. Planning on returning them to best buy unless you(or anyone, really) has figured out why this is happening.

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...

i just had this same problem, it was the molex cable. specifically an evga molex cable. it had a different pin out than the tt controller molex, luckily i had some old molex cables lying around that were pinned the same and that fixed it. if you dont have spare ones, you can look at the molex connector and see if there are markings for which pins are which, (ru and jc  or something like that, i forget exactly what the letters are) and try to pull them out and swap them around to match the ones on the tt molex (while its unplugged and/or the psu is unplugged of course) , which is definitely labeled, the one from the psu might not be).

it was the first time a new build didnt boot for me and it drove me nuts, i slowly started pulling wires out and rebooting, once that molex came out it all booted.