[Canada] Erik Bergwest

• 3 weeks later...

What is going on guys! Erik Bmods here, super hyped to be representing Canada in this amazing contest Thermaltake has put on. 

A lil info on my modding background. I started out building cuustom watercooled PC's in 2015 and slowly started doing more and more case modding. I have been fortunate enough to build some great relationships with many of the well known brands, which I have done mods with at such events such as CES and Computex. 

I want to wish the rest of the modders Thermaltake has invited the best of luck and I'm super honored to be competing against such a talented group.

More info on my project to come, till then here are a couple pics of previous mods I have built with Thermaltake.

Finally I want to thank all the sponsors, Thermaltake, AMD, ZOTAC, Plextor and Asrock.

61683903_3163147317332509_6387042455677566976_o.jpg

48053199_3052626995051209_8708275526713737216_o.jpg

52391285_3097745423872699_871529880326504448_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everybody! Well I feel like I can start posting some pics of the design I am working on. I would say that I am about %90 finished and can start building next week. Also just received what I think is the final box from Thermaltake so ya......Time to get building!

I will explain more about the project when the design is completely finished. Just wanted to do a quick update.

AutoSave_Invitational p5.jpg

AutoSave_Invitational p5 1.jpg

AutoSave_Invitational p5 2.jpg

AutoSave_Invitational p5 3.jpg

On 10/4/2019 at 9:59 AM, EZgunna82 said:

Thanks everybody! Well I feel like I can start posting some pics of the design I am working on. I would say that I am about %90 finished and can start building next week. Also just received what I think is the final box from Thermaltake so ya......Time to get building!

I will explain more about the project when the design is completely finished. Just wanted to do a quick update.

AutoSave_Invitational p5.jpg

AutoSave_Invitational p5 1.jpg

AutoSave_Invitational p5 2.jpg

AutoSave_Invitational p5 3.jpg

Woah cool bro m all fired up for this. Are you gonna make it move up n down?

So I decided to let my girlfriend build her first rig so we could test the components for the project and I'm happy to say everything works great. Nice lil build for my girls first time.....under my watchful eye of course lol. Now to strip it down and put everything back into their boxes until its time to install them on the contest mod.

IMG_3848.jpg

IMG_3847.jpg

IMG_3849.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We are back with a quick update everyone. I have been working on the test fitting of the moving mobo tray and the RGB strip that will be lining the top portion of the P5 section of the mod. 

Moving MOBO Tray:

I built this with some guide rails and slides I had lying around from a broken 3d printer and a 12v linear actuator with a 6 inch extension. Keep in mind this is just a test fit to make sure this system worked, I will be decorating the panels the slide rails are attached to so they suit the theme of the mod.

RGB Strip:

The RGB strip is a 6mm acrylic panel cut to the shape of the previous aluminum panels and lined with a TT RGB plus LED strip.

I will do a more in depth post of the assembly of these parts once its more refined. Just wanted to do a quick update. Hope everyone enjoys!

EDIT: I cant figure out how to add vids atm so I will uplaod as soon as I can figure it out sorry :( 

Whats up guys. Back with another update.

This update consists of building the GPU bridge and plumbing the CPU block.

GPU Bridge: The GPU bridge is a combination of 2 3d printed brackets and the main support bracket from the Core P5 that supports wall mounting of the case. 

3d design for brackets that attach the Core P5 support bracket to the case. I also had to keep in mind clearance for the moving mobo tray.

gpu bridge.jpg

IMG_3613.jpg

IMG_3614.jpg

Update Time!!! Building of the bottom part of the outer body has started. This part went much smoother as I learned much from building the top portion of the body. Hope to have the actuators hooked up so all the moving parts of the mod will be finished and I can start focusing on details and cosmetics.

I also managed to finish up sanding and filling the top part of the body. I mounted the 3, 120mm TT Riing trio fans with a rad mount from an old TT x71 case I had worked great. now to design a facade to cover the cables and rad mount.

IMG_3630.jpg

IMG_3648.jpg

IMG_3647.jpg

IMG_3658.jpg

IMG_3653.jpg

IMG_3657.jpg

IMG_3650.jpg

IMG_3642.jpg

IMG_3631.jpg

Its crunch time and still have lots of work to do so hopefully I will have plenty of updates in the near future.

Today I managed to get the PSU mounted along with the rad and fans, also some more body work (still waiting on some parts to print). Also managed to get all the actuators running at the same speed. Been having so much fun with this mod, cant wait for it to be finished though lol.

IMG_3679.jpg

IMG_3680.jpg

IMG_3681.jpg

IMG_3683.jpg

• 3 weeks later...