H200 TG RGB sata connecter

Doublejayz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't own this case so cant work out the circuit to be sure and could be completely wrong just sort of guessing as to what would use a 4pin cable 

That connector could to be for the option to use your digital rgb header on your motherboard. So you can use the motherboards software to control the case lighting. However with the lack labeling it is hard to call and would not attempt without checking if it is supplying voltage  .

on the other hand it could be outputting a rgb signal so if you want to add a rgb strip in your pc 

however it does seem to be lacking in any information as to this connector.

Did any adapter come with the case accessory that connects to that? 

if one of you have a multimeter you can check the voltage on the 2 outer pins using the case as a ground

• 2 months later...

Anch'io ho lo stesso problema, ieri per curiosità ho verificato con il tester la tensione di uscita dei 4 pin, ce ne sono 2 di 12 V uno di 7 (non capivo molto a cosa potesse servire) e una massa , oggi smantellerò la parte anteriore del caso e farò alcune foto. 

Today I finally disassembled the front of the case, I noticed that at the end is a very common 5v addressable led strip with 2 rgb switch pins, today I will bypass this switch and connect it to the thermalake control unit

IMG_20191217_193344.jpg

IMG_20191217_191223.jpg

• 6 months later...

Don't mean to necro a thread, but I thought someone may find this useful.

I tapped into that connector to create a 3 pin JST for a 5v addressable RGB strip.

From the bottom picture (clip on top of the 2.54 JST four pin connector) Left to Right:

1. rgb data 2. 5v 3. common ground 4. 12v

That end, in JST, is called the FEMALE connector, as that is driven by the connector (and not the pins).

So I re-pinned a four pin (removing the 12v line) on a male connector, then soldered the lines: 5v data and ground, in the order for a female three pin JST 2.54 pitch, which plugged directly into my LED strip.

My case came with three argb fans on that connector (from Skytech) with the same custom four pin JST. Full on 12v fans with no control. Moved two exhaust out (and replaced with MB header driven fans) and put a 47 ohm 1 watt resistor in the 12v line to slow the rear exhaust down a bit.

Love my H200 TG, but the wiring is confusing with no explanation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wired up the rear fan and an led strip running off of the case controller (so they work with the front strip off the native Tt controller). That is just solid blue right now. I have the strip between the motherboard mount and the back panel, so it is a backlight.

I then have a couple of straight RGB fans running off the asrock RGB header, and a set of intake fans (and another strip) running off of the asrock argb header.
Looks like a party in there. It is black and white with one blue rear exhaust and two orange top fans. I even got an 'Aperture Laboratories' magnet sticker on the shelf, so it is sort of Portal themed.
I think the case front LEDs are wired straight to the case controller. You would probably have to disassemble the front to see the LED strip and small built-in argb controller card.
I don't know how  you could drive the case lights from a board header, though.
I am sure it could be accomplished, but was not something I did.

• 5 months later...
On 8/30/2019 at 5:40 AM, Doublejayz said:

I just got a new case and found this connecter for a front rgb strip

what is a 4pin port for? it's attached to the sata power 

I don't find anything in the manual

P_20190830_153652.jpg

P_20190830_153657.jpg

Did you find out what the 4 pin is for and where it plugs in? And if you use these do you still have to use the 5 front panel wires? (Powerled, hddled, etc)

• 2 years later...